The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Round 3, Game #4 ~ Canadiens @ Rangers. Sunday, May 25th, 2014.

Clues

Guest mrsmarkov

Omg a Clues GDT, what a lovely surprise. It's very lovely Clues, I sense a winner.

Go habs go! You can do it! I'm nowhere near satisfied. They have so much more to give, they're not playing to their full potential, but I have a feeling they will come to play tonight. I even believe Tokar will be even better, he gets better every game. A shutout maybe? I don't see why not!

Goes without saying that this is another "biggest game of the year" game. We were fortunate to escape with a win last time out, but we will definitely need a more convincing performance tonight if we want to tie this series up. I like the idea of Vanek on Eller's line, although I wonder if Bournival might have been a better fit there than Bourque or if Bournival might have fit better on the Plekanec line, allowing Gionta to move back to the Eller trio alongside Vanek.

Regardless, we'll need some step-up from Plekanec, Vanek, and Gionta, and most importantly, our top 4 defencemen need to play like top 4 defencemen. My gut feeling for tonight is that PK Subban is going to give us a monster game the way he did in Rounds 1 and 2. I think he'll carry the team on his back tonight, but he's going to need help to make sure it's a W. I think it'll take 4 goals to win tonight.

Goes without saying that this is another "biggest game of the year" game. We were fortunate to escape with a win last time out, but we will definitely need a more convincing performance tonight if we want to tie this series up. I like the idea of Vanek on Eller's line, although I wonder if Bournival might have been a better fit there than Bourque or if Bournival might have fit better on the Plekanec line, allowing Gionta to move back to the Eller trio alongside Vanek.

Regardless, we'll need some step-up from Plekanec, Vanek, and Gionta, and most importantly, our top 4 defencemen need to play like top 4 defencemen. My gut feeling for tonight is that PK Subban is going to give us a monster game the way he did in Rounds 1 and 2. I think he'll carry the team on his back tonight, but he's going to need help to make sure it's a W. I think it'll take 4 goals to win tonight.

....so, in other words, you think Tokarski is going to get lit up for at least three goals.

In that case, I sure hope Pacioretty starts one of his patented hot streaks tonight.

Guest mrsmarkov

You'll get one in the next CRB thread in the SCF ;)

Nicely done! :P

Bof1CnxIMAAj4rn.jpg

Haha that's so cute! I ate an apple today, so hopefully that brings extra luck.

Listening to P.K. during the pre-game skate, and Coach Vigneault, I think I can feel the momentum shifting the Habs' way. Subban looks like he's more confident than ever and ready for a breakout game, and the Rangers seem to be rattled now. Perfect time for a dominating performance. It might be low-scoring, but if the defense holds tight and Tokes does what he does, a 2-0 Habs win is just fine by me.

Oh, and NBC still hates Montreal. No surprises there.

So any word on who is in for Prusty ?

White ? if so, I hope he goes on a tear & crushes everything with a blue shirt on :)

Nash & few others have had WAY to much time for shots/passes , they need to finished so those passes start getting rushed/turned over.

GO HABS GO !!!

First five minutes of this game will be huge, MMW. I really hope the Habs come out with fire like they did in Game 2. On the other hand, we might know in the first five minutes if the Habs are truly "out of gas" or just don't believe they have it in themselves to take it to the next level.

So any word on who is in for Prusty ?

White ? if so, I hope he goes on a tear & crushes everything with a blue shirt on :)

Nash & few others have had WAY to much time for shots/passes , they need to finished so those passes start getting rushed/turned over.

GO HABS GO !!!

Pretty sure it's Bourney.

Bourney will work too :) ... speed kills !

& I'm not sure about all the "out of gas" talk. Yes we took the Booins out , but NYR had to go through more games than we did to get to rd3 (& keeping up with Crosby & the Pens was no cake walk either)

If anything our sweep of Tampa "should" have kept the gas gauge up further than the Rangers gauge.

I guess we shall see in a few mins one way or the other...

GO HABS GO !!!

Bourney will work too :) ... speed kills !

& I'm not sure about all the "out of gas" talk. Yes we took the Booins out , but NYR had to go through more games than we did to get to rd3 (& keeping up with Crosby & the Pens was no cake walk either)

If anything our sweep of Tampa "should" have kept the gas gauge up further than the Rangers gauge.

I guess we shall see in a few mins one way or the other...

GO HABS GO !!!

This. The a Rags played 14 games before this series...no excuses for the boys..just do it!

Archived