xFlMgRl.gif

Previous Results:

MTL 2 - NYR 7
MTL 1 - NYR 3
NYR 2 - MTL 3 (OT)
MTL 2 - NYR 3 (OT)
NYR 4 - MTL 7

Game 5 Highlights:

I have to admit, after the second period of Game 1… I didn't think I'd be making this GDT. But here we are. Nervous yet? I know I am.

It would be pretty easy to rattle off a paragraph of humorous sports failures involving New York sports teams. But considering the sheer number of teams in the metro, and how old most of them are, it isn't exactly hard to do. It isn't really sporting. Besides, jinxes. No headgear jokes about Derek Stepan, and no Swedish chef jokes about Henrik Lundqvist.

What about our opponent, the New York Rangers? We all know they're a fellow Original Six team, with all the tradition and history that comes with...

Uh, the tradition and honour...

...I'm just going to stop while I'm behind.

Game 5 was a mixture of almost all the good and all the bad this team is capable of. A quick start that got neutralized. A "big lead" that got erased. But the good eventually outweighed the bad, and the Habs prevailed. How will the two teams respond? Can the Habs extend the series after being written off by everyone? I'm not sure, but I can think of a few guys who might have something to say about it.

vwkaDum.jpg

C5WSppu.jpg

KntzqWg.jpg

bCPUzQL.jpg

GO HABS GO!

Imho, this is it.

obviously, to move on, we need to win 2 more, but i think if we can win just this one game, we have an extremely good chance of winning game 7. As we say over and over, hockey is a game of inches and bounces, so one bad one & you never know, but all things being equal I think this team is going to come out absolutely flying and with a little luck get an early lead and... well, you know how that usually goes for us.

I think its going to be a nail biter, but Im thinking 3-2 Habs.

Guest mrsmarkov

Lovely GDT! :) I'm extremely nervous and excited at the same time. I think the Habs got into Henrik's head and I feel like we're going to see a lot of Habs players all fired up tonight. Last game they came to the realization that they can do this! GO HABS GO!!! Oh and better defense please? Sheesh.

Goes without saying,,,,,,WHO WANTS IT MORE?

Clearly we do! Consider it's not exactly do or die for the Rangers, the Habs will be much more hungrier.

think the Habs got into Henrik's head

I wouldnt count on it, Lundqvist is one of the very best in the league at putting a bad game behind him. That said, he also has slumps so lets hope this is the start of one and not just an isolated bad game.

and I feel like we're going to see a lot of Habs players all fired up tonight. Last game they came to the realization that they can do this! GO HABS GO!!!

Yes. The nice thing about game 5 is that for the first time we played our speed game & they couldnt keep up. Ive been saying all along that despite the Ranger's speed, we are faster. We looked like the slower team for several games because we played a passive game. It sucks that it took elimination time to bring out the best in the boys. There's absolutely no reason we cant do that again 2 more times but odds are not on our side simply because of bad bounces or inopportune plays. I still believe though.

Clearly we do! Consider it's not exactly do or die for the Rangers, the Habs will be much more hungrier.

I dunno. If im the Rags I look at this as do or die. If we win the Rangers go back to Montreal having just lost 2 in a row (momentum) and playing in Montreal. They do not want to play a game 7.

Diaz says he is confirmed to play tonight.

As long as Emelin is confirmed out, im fine with whomever the Rags play. No offence to Emmy but he's been very very slow and exploitable (understandable if he's playing on a bum knee) and we cant afford that tonight.

Guest mrsmarkov

Diaz says he is confirmed to play tonight.

Of coarse he is ugh. I just hope he doesn't come out with a vengeance, but then again I've always considered him the nicest person in the NHL. He wouldn't hurt a fly, but that doesn't mean he wont have an incredible game. I just hope I don't have to see him on the man advantage, he has a wicked shot.

Guest mrsmarkov

TSN saying that Emelin is a game time decision.

Nooooooooooo, but he would look so much better sitting in the press box.

Guest mrsmarkov

I wouldnt count on it, Lundqvist is one of the very best in the league at putting a bad game behind him. That said, he also has slumps so lets hope this is the start of one and not just an isolated bad game.

Yes. The nice thing about game 5 is that for the first time we played our speed game & they couldnt keep up. Ive been saying all along that despite the Ranger's speed, we are faster. We looked like the slower team for several games because we played a passive game. It sucks that it took elimination time to bring out the best in the boys. There's absolutely no reason we cant do that again 2 more times but odds are not on our side simply because of bad bounces or inopportune plays. I still believe though.

I dunno. If im the Rags I look at this as do or die. If we win the Rangers go back to Montreal having just lost 2 in a row (momentum) and playing in Montreal. They do not want to play a game 7.

As long as Emelin is confirmed out, im fine with whomever the Rags play. No offence to Emmy but he's been very very slow and exploitable (understandable if he's playing on a bum knee) and we cant afford that tonight.

Oh I'm fully aware of what Henrik is capable of, him and Rask are the only goalies that truly scare me. Though Quick may be hard to solve if god willing we make it that far. Anways, back to Henrik, the thing with him is that he gets easily rattled or he becomes a brick wall after a horrible game. But something tells me the boys are really fired up and actually believe in themselves. I have a feeling the boys are going to be speedy lil energizer bunnies, create a lot of traffic in front of Henrik which drives him nuts and actually outshoot the Rangers. I'm just hoping they keep their cool and are disciplined. It's really important that they bank on any powerplays they get and to not leave the kid hanging.

I've always been one of Emy's supporters, but I hope he doesn't play because we can't afford any mistakes.

I believe the boys can do it, they just need to stay focused on their game and use their speed because when used properly...we're the faster team. I also hope the boys get motivation from all of the stuff those goons have done.

Finally.....we might see Weise vs. Diaz! (Depending on Weise's condition.....)

I was looking forward to this, but Weise has a concussion. :(

Weise will not play tonight. :(

Yeah, I just read.....concussion. Terrible news. But having Prust back might be just as good if not better. You never know.....Prust surely wants to beat his former team. Hope he shows some chemistry with Bourque.

Let's Win it for Weise!

Archived