The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Development camp

Werzoth

The Canadiens announced on Thursday that they have invited 50 players to their development camp to be held July 7-11 at the Bell Sports Complex in Brossard.

Five of the six players selected at this year’s NHL draft will be in attendance, including first-round pick Nikita Scherbak (photo above). Twenty of the players invited to the camp are prospects who have been drafted by the Habs.

The first on-ice sessions will be on Monday, July 7, from 9:30 a.m. until 12:30 p.m. on both ice surfaces in Brossard. Practices will be held in the morning for the remainder of the week, followed by scrimmages at the end of the day.

All practices will be open to the public.

Bennett at 6' 195 appears to be the smallest defenseman on that list. I hope the boards are rattling in this camp. Only 4 forwards at or under 5'9" and hopefully keeping their heads up. A little intrigued by Anas registered as 5'8" 148 lbs. He must be very fast, that is pretty light. Four players that small out of 50 makes it appear we're trending taller especially on defence. Our near future Habs are going to look a lot more like a western team and be a lot tougher to play against. We might want to keep Weaver around for a few years so he can tell the new D what it used to be like!!!

Tinordi and Bournival left out???? Unbelievable :huh:

Pretty sure with Tinordi/Bournival it's just a case of them having more than some amount (think it's 25) regular season games played. Tinordi has 30 career GP and Beaulieu has 23. Bournival is also not really a prospect at this point, kinda goes against the spirit of a development camp to bring a guy that played 60 games and spent the whole year in the NHL.

What's odd to me, is that Beaulieu is present. That seems ridiculous.

Beaulieu is a year younger and hasn't played 25 NHL games (which I think is the magic number here). The only guys from Tinordi's draft (2010) at the development camp are Ellis and MacMillan, neither of whom have played an NHL game.

I dunno. For Tinordi that kind of camp seems a little silly and against the spirit of the camp itself. He's NHL ready, 22 years old, and would physically dominate all the teenagers and undrafted guys from the Q at that camp. Probably better for him to stay with his regular training schedule than go there.

Archived