The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

#14 Tomas Plekanec 2014-2015

ColRouleBleu

• 3 weeks later...

Amidst all the discussion (panic?) surrounding the PK arbitration, this little tender morsel of 'pot calling the kettle black' may have slipped people's attention so I thought I'd share.

It gave me quite the chuckle.

Here's an article with the quote. It even has a link to video from the interview.

2eckk0j.jpg

Keep up the good work, Pleky!

Amidst all the discussion (panic?) surrounding the PK arbitration, this little tender morsel of 'pot calling the kettle black' may have slipped people's attention so I thought I'd share.

It gave me quite the chuckle.

Here's an article with the quote. It even has a link to video from the interview.

2eckk0j.jpg

Keep up the good work, Pleky!

So well done that Pleki is tagged as a habs winger :lol:

Pleky on Marchand: "I enjoyed his comment about me-it comes from a person that accually almost everybody in the NHL hates"

Its a double negative. Marchand + Hates you = Everyone else in the league likes you. lol

I mean seriously, Plekanec as your "most hated player?" what the heck? Thats like saying DD is our hardest hitter.

This just proves to me just how good Pleks is,whatever you feel about Marchand he is a good player,and the fact the Pleks can stop him playing is just great,Crosby feels the same way about Pleks,when he was asked about Pleks after the 2010 playoffs he just said "oh him",all I read about is people trying to trade Pleks they must be nuts,a few years ago the players voted Pleks the most underated player in the league,I think this still goes for today,especially by some of the fans.Hopefully he will have better wingers this year,then we will see just how good he is,he is still my favorite.

GO HABS GO ALL THE WAY

• 1 month later...

:lol::lol::lol: I just found out that Pleks was 7th in voting for the Selke this year,he is always in the top ten,it's his face offs that let him down.He did get better for 1 year after the other face off guy left( can't remember his name he has been gone a few years so he is no longer relevant) perhaps Malholtra can give him some pointers.

GO PLEKS GO :lol::lol::lol::lol: :lol:

:lol::lol::lol: I just found out that Pleks was 7th in voting for the Selke this year,he is always in the top ten,it's his face offs that let him down.

Actually, last year's 7th place was by far his highest. He's never cracked the top 10 in voting before (which imho is an exclamation point on how flawed the voting for this trophy is) here are his finishes:

in 2012-2013 he didnt even make the top 45. He had zero votes (Prust was the only hab with votes at 33rd)

in 2011-2012 he was 15th

in 2010-2011 he was 13th

in 2009-2010 he was 26th

Prior to that he never got a vote. His first few years he was off the radar but i am surprised he didnt get a some recognition at least once (ie 2007 with 69pts and +15 in 81 games against the oppositions top 2 lines every game)

• 4 weeks later...

Actually, last year's 7th place was by far his highest. He's never cracked the top 10 in voting before (which imho is an exclamation point on how flawed the voting for this trophy is) here are his finishes:

in 2012-2013 he didnt even make the top 45. He had zero votes (Prust was the only hab with votes at 33rd)

in 2011-2012 he was 15th

in 2010-2011 he was 13th

in 2009-2010 he was 26th

Prior to that he never got a vote. His first few years he was off the radar but i am surprised he didnt get a some recognition at least once (ie 2007 with 69pts and +15 in 81 games against the oppositions top 2 lines every game)

I am thinking to myself that hockey writers (voters?) have 30 teams to follow and most of them follow one.

Pleks really shut down Crosby one game last year, in all facets of that particular game -- I forget exactly when. I think that 'story' maybe made the rounds amongst the rink rats (sorry, "hockey writers"). Only reason (I think), at all, that Pleks got on the radar for the vote (finally).

Crying shame really, and about time. He is certainly in the top 10 IMO of shut-down centres (although, don't ask me to list out the top 10, in order!!)

Guest habs1952

I am thinking I will like the Malholtra signing more and more if Pleks offense shines as much as it did last night

You are not alone in thinking that.

One of if not my favorite. Pleks is so consistent. I like the addition of Maholtra his face off % so far is great. This gives some breaks to Pleks and lets him use his skills more. I like Chucky playing and learning from him. He has a great work ethic shift after shift night in night out. These are the things Chucky needs to learn. I am sure Seguin learned a lot watching Beorgeron ( the only Bruin I have respect for) . I wouldn't mind seeing what Sekac with Pleks and Chucky would look like!

Archived