The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

#37 Gabriel Dumont 2014-2015

• 6 months later...

Interesting.

Dumont has 27 points (12 goals, 15 assists) and 54 penalty minutes in 40 games with Hamilton this season.

Hrm. Probably will replace our rotating rookie but you have to wonder; Manny wasnt even on the ice for a couple of late key defensive draws (that was Plekanec) so does Dumont come in to centre our 4th line?

Hrm. Probably will replace our rotating rookie but you have to wonder; Manny wasnt even on the ice for a couple of late key defensive draws (that was Plekanec) so does Dumont come in to centre our 4th line?

Showcasing? Or maybe part of a package deal? Thomas is up, and now Dumont,,, hmmmm, methinks something is cooking here.

Showcasing? Or maybe part of a package deal? Thomas is up, and now Dumont,,, hmmmm, methinks something is cooking here.

I wouldnt read too much into that. The timing would make sense (closing in on trade deadline) but you'd have to think that the value of a prospect would be impacted very little with just a couple of games in the NHL. Also, MB has been very reluctant to ship out young players in the past. Im not saying its not possible but I would think its unlikely Thomas or Dumont are being offered as part of a deal.

My guess is that, like with Thomas, they want to give him some playing time - but maybe - they are starting to lose faith in Malholtra & want to see if there's other options within the organization first.

The third (and probably most likely) is that MB is trying to determine what holes he needs to fill going into the playoffs. So he needs to determine: Do we have enough depth in the minors if we have some injuries?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Archived