The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

#28 Nathan Beaulieu 2014-2015

ColRouleBleu

• 3 weeks later...

While i think he will start (on MT's list) in the #3 LD position (behind Markov and Emelin) I think he will work his way into the top 2 left d spots before the playoffs.

Would be quite interested to give him legitimate time on the 1st pairing with PK to see if he can handle the minutes yet. He's still got top pairing potential imho.

While i think he will start (on MT's list) in the #3 LD position (behind Markov and Emelin) I think he will work his way into the top 2 left d spots before the playoffs.

Would be quite interested to give him legitimate time on the 1st pairing with PK to see if he can handle the minutes yet. He's still got top pairing potential imho.

Barring injury I really doubt that will happen. I can definitely see him in the second pairing though, and no argument here about his potential

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Well, it was only one game, but he looked pretty uncomfortable against Edmonton. I'm sure he'll settle back in if he receives some more playing time.

Actually... I wasn't referring to just this one game... overall this season he has not looked as confident IMO.

I found that there were a few times that he panicked in his own zone when some of the Oilers players were coming at him, but otherwise I don't think that he had an awful game. Playoffs or no, he's still a young player getting used to the NHL game; these things are going to happen.

Now imagine where we'd be if we'd had him and Tinordi up last year in place of Murray and Boullion... but I guess that's been covered in another thread :P

Actually... I wasn't referring to just this one game... overall this season he has not looked as confident IMO.

This is who he is. This is the way he's played during his time in Hamilton over the last two years.

I wonder if Nathan shouldn't be returned to Hamilton for an extended run of games...? I haven't been too impressed with what I've seen from him this year and Jarred seems much more comfortable on the ice, IMO. Nathan's displayed some poor decision making, and honestly, his skating seems suspect. Perhaps if someone else is excelling in Hamilton we have them switch places for a few weeks?

Guest habs1952

I wonder if Nathan shouldn't be returned to Hamilton for an extended run of games...? I haven't been too impressed with what I've seen from him this year and Jarred seems much more comfortable on the ice, IMO. Nathan's displayed some poor decision making, and honestly, his skating seems suspect. Perhaps if someone else is excelling in Hamilton we have them switch places for a few weeks?

I agree. He makes me nervous when he's on the ice. He seems to always be a step behind the game.

To be honest I don't think he's been that bad, and he's made some really smart pinches. At least I don't think he's struggled nearly enough to consider sending him back down.

The one exception to that is that he always seems to be getting in trouble in his zone, especially with the puck starting behind the net. Like his partner will take the puck behind the net, we'll make our line change or whatever and get ready to head up ice, puck goes to Beaulieu and suddenly he's cornered between two opposing players fighting to not give the puck away. I don't know whether he's setting up in a bad position or if he's just not getting the puck away quickly enough, but he seems to have at least two or three moments like this in every game he plays.

In any case, though, I still feel like we need to work through these things with him here. He's had enough time in the minors - he gets enough ice time here that I think we just need to live with his mistakes and let him improve.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Getting pretty frustrating to see him continually sent down. He's a better NHL player at this point than Gonchar, Allen, Emelin, and Weaver but for whatever reason he doesn't get playing time. He's not going to just magically become a perfect NHL veteran without NHL playing time. The AHL is a joke for someone as good as Beaulieu, he has nothing left to learn there.

Getting pretty frustrating to see him continually sent down. He's a better NHL player at this point than Gonchar, Allen, Emelin, and Weaver but for whatever reason he doesn't get playing time. He's not going to just magically become a perfect NHL veteran without NHL playing time. The AHL is a joke for someone as good as Beaulieu, he has nothing left to learn there.

I'd like to see him get playing time as well. But I wouldn't say he's better than Gonchar, Emelin or Allen. We haven't really seen Allen and he's trying to get use to a new system, hopefully he improves on what we've seen up to now.

Emelin, when he's playing his game, he's been good. Whenever he tris to go one on one, he gets burnt every time. He needs to continue to play his physical game to be effective.

Bo, offensively is better than Emelin, although, Emelin has made some pretty nice passes that have led to goals. As for Bo, he still looks very nervous in his own end. His offense is the best part of his game. He needs to work on his defensive game.

In saying that, I feel both Bo and Tinordi are rough in their own end and haven't quite adjusted to the speed and skill at the NHL level. They're going to make mistakes, that's a given. The issue isn't at the AHL level, so I wonder why they're not playing with the habs. I wouldn't put both in the lineup, but I'd at least alternate them until they start improving. As I said earlier, there's no issue at the AHL level, I don't believe they have anymore to learn there. The issues are all at the NHL level and the only way to get over it, is to play, make mistakes and learn from playing NHL games.

Although, the season is still young, no team has 25 games played yet. Lots of time to get the kids into the lineup. I don't think Weaver and Gonchar have the stamina at their ages to play a full 82 game schedule. And we still don't know what Allen is capable of, he's only had a few games and unless you're a 5 mil player like Gonchar, you're going to need some time to adjust to new system, new conference (east and west are different games) and teammates.

I don't understand the move to send them down, unless it's to keep them fresh and see game action, even at the AHL level.

Hope to see Bo back with the habs soon.

Archived