The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

2014-2015 Negative Thread

The 5 on 4 and 6 on 5 situation late in third period could have been handled a little better. Why were they trying to hit the empty net from their own side of center ice? The faceoffs amounted to more time in our own end in that situation when we could have forced Detroit to use more time retrieving the puck and bringing it back up ice. We are also 0-for-28 on the power play on the road for the season.

Just looking at team stats on nhl.com and it's kind of disturbing. They're currently ranked 3rd overall in the league but with these numbers they're going to come crashing down. The following are league-wide ranks.

Goals per game - 24th

Goals against per game - 20th

5-on-5 goals for/against ratio - 21st

Power play percentage - 26th

Shots per game - 24th

Shots against per game 22nd

Selective statistics. There's at least that many stats where Habs are at top of the League.

Slow starts have been the main contributor to many of the poor stats. Three blowout losses skew things as well. Hey, if you're gonna play some bad hockey,. put it all in one game and get it out of your system.

My motto, is show me the stats for the last 5-10 games. The team before that was a different team.

" My motto , is show me the stats for the last 5 - 10 games "

lol........if that isn't being selective , then what is .?

The NHl stats are for "ALL " games not last six game they won ......lol

Just out of curiosity , I can't be bothered to look it up, but what other stats are the Habs at the top of the league ?

" My motto , is show me the stats for the last 5 - 10 games "

lol........if that isn't being selective , then what is .?

The NHl stats are for "ALL " games not last six game they won ......lol

Just out of curiosity , I can't be bothered to look it up, but what other stats are the Habs at the top of the league ?

Third period goals for. That's about it.

I think we get enough negativity from the officials who seem to be blind when it comes to the habs. Too many sickening dirty hits the last few years, and now we get to watch every team get a free run. We all knowe how bad it has to be to be called against an opponent.

Until the officials of this game have some form of accountability, then end result will remain the same. No cups for canada.

Rah Betmann

Thats not to say we are playing all that well tonight and probably deserve the score, but when only one team pays a price for even the slightest migivings then how do you keep your heat in the game night after night

bet ya prust gets a penalty for bumping lunky

nice comment there , " not supposed to toouch the goalie ever" tell that to the rangers hahahahah

Oh well I guess I've vented enough for the night, better games ahead people

Go Habs Go

Guest habs1952

The team continues to struggle in first period, surrendering the first goal for the 15th time in 23 games, in six regulation losses the combined score has been 30-3 with four of the losses shutouts. How do you fix this problem?

Pick up the puck and go home. :ph34r:

Falling to a lowly team like Buffalo always hurts, though it's a good pin to the ego balloon. I realize any team can't beat any team on any given night, but only potting one against a team that's allowed the third most goals in the league is tough.

Archived