The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

2014-2015 Habs Broadcasts

There is still a lot of uncertainty about which region gets which Hab games, but this is the place to post that information as the confusion clears.

Reminder that links or information about illegal streams are prohibited on this forum.

I live in Southern Ontario,Canada & I can tell any of the Hab fans looking too implement a TV programming set-up so they will be able too watch Habs Regional games no matter your location.

I use NHL centre Ice for Habs Regional games ie: TSN regional;use RDS French package through Cable Company too get French broadcasts (usually only when I get a BLACK OUT game ).I never miss a Habs broadcast on-matter what LOL!

I will advise that Cable Companies are your best bet - NOT Satellite !

I understand that TVA French network will be televising Habs broadcasts I think Rodgers owns this TVA network not sure though.

TSN & Rodgers will be fighting tooth & nail too vie for Hab fans dallars LOL good for us as far as price & availability for Habs brodcasts LMAO !

Any questions please feel free to contact me for details questions I do NOT use any illegal hook up !

• 3 weeks later...

I think TSN-Habs is done so those paying for NHL CI will either get road team feeds or if they're lucky, the French RDS regional feed.

Well hopefully the lawsuit against the NHL from CI subscribers will change a few things.

Even for people in Montreal... I don't want cable, I'm happy to pay whatever directly to the NHL and the Montreal Canadiens, but since their all in bed together the consumer keeps getting taken advantage of!

And then they tell us not to steal... they should stop stealing first!

Well hopefully the lawsuit against the NHL from CI subscribers will change a few things.

Even for people in Montreal... I don't want cable, I'm happy to pay whatever directly to the NHL and the Montreal Canadiens, but since their all in bed together the consumer keeps getting taken advantage of!

And then they tell us not to steal... they should stop stealing first!

It's been this way for every other out of market fan base around the league for a long time, I mean I know Leaf fans here had no choice but CI. I don't really have a problem with it, TBH because RDS HD wasn't available with my cable company so I just paid for CI anyway and I liked it fine but being able to consistently get the TSN - HABS feed was a partial reason for that, the production value and the PBP team on it were actually both quite weak but it spared me the Jack Edwards type of opposition PBP guy.

Guest habs1952

My Grandparents live in Warman, SK and have Bell Satellite TV. Is their anyway for them to gain access to every game?

I think it all depends on the package they have. If I'm not mistaken(and I might be) TVA, a channel out of Quebec, will be broadcasting the Habs games. I'm not sure which channel it will be because I think there are 5 of them. I think channels are numbered between 100 and 200.

I think it all depends on the package they have. If I'm not mistaken(and I might be) TVA, a channel out of Quebec, will be broadcasting the Habs games. I'm not sure which channel it will be because I think there are 5 of them. I think channels are numbered between 100 and 200.

Wouldn't TVA blackout the prairies? I just canceled my RDS here. If push comes to shove I can find the Habs games,,,,,, but I would prefer not to use those . ;)

I found this on a blog, so I don't know how reliable it is. I am just quoting the Habs part, dated Aug, 18. Clear as mud.

"Montreal Canadiens

TV broadcast region: Atlantic Canada, Quebec, Ontario east of Belleville/Pembroke.

The Canadiens see the biggest change in terms of rights because RDS is no longer the only game in town. It used to carry all Habs games nationally, but in the Rogers deal it lost the national rights to TVA Sports. It managed to get the exclusive on regional rights, but that will mean the network is blacked out west of Belleville/Pembroke, Ont. during those games.

It’s also noteworthy that what constitutes a national game varies by language. There are 32 national games in English but only 22 in French. Those Wednesday and Sunday games carried nationally by Sportsnet and City, respectively, will be regional on RDS in French.

There’s still no deal for English-language regional TV rights. Rumour is neither Bell nor Rogers is interested at the price the Canadiens want. Bell’s TSN Habs channel has been shut down.

• National TV (English):
    • 21 Saturday night games on Hockey Night in Canada
    • 5 Wednesday games on Sportsnet E/O/W/P
    • 4 Sunday games on City
    • 1 Sunday game on Sportsnet E/O/W/P
    • 1 Thursday game on Sportsnet 360
  • National TV (French):
    • 1 Wednesday night game on TVA Sports (season opener)
    • 21 Saturday night games on TVA Sports
  • Regional TV (English): No broadcast deal announced
  • Regional TV (French): 60 games on RDS
  • Radio (English): All 82 games on TSN Radio 690
  • Radio (French): All 82 games on CHMP 98.5"

It seems a lot of us are left out in the cold. :angry:

Here's a link to all of the teams blackout area.

http://www.milehighhockey.com/2013/9/30/4784384/graphic-new-2013-nhl-divisions-by-tv-coverage-zone

I'm having difficulty following this. Can someone help me understand my options - limited though they probably are. I live in SW Ontario. I have Bell Satellite TV. So, NHL Centre Ice is my only real option to see all/most Habs games? Or will they be blacked out on here as well? Subscribing to the RBS HD channel won't help, if I understand correctly - (I don't speak french but would use this option f it's all I have) it seems Montral fans outside of Eastern Canada are totally hosed by this new TV deal amiright?

Thanks

[edit] I asked a Bell rep directly and the response was:

"I have check here that you can still watch Montreal Games on RDS as long as you are subscribed to that channel as we don't have communications that you can't view it. For NHL Center Ice though, yes there will be scheduled blackouts and Bell does not have control on that as it is being determined by the network itself. "

So, I'm guessing this means that I can get the French broadcast on RDS for the 60 games they are carrying. I hope so, anyway.

Question: (This is becoming really annoying)

RDS is playing 60 games, correct? I have Bell and at the moment do not have RDS. If I were to get Center Ice, do the games that are on RDS still get blacked out if I dont have RDS? As I understand it, not many Habs games will be broadcasted nationally other that the ones on RDS. If those arent blacked out then I'll definitely get CI.

Guest habs1952

I found this on a blog, so I don't know how reliable it is. I am just quoting the Habs part, dated Aug, 18. Clear as mud.

"Montreal Canadiens

TV broadcast region: Atlantic Canada, Quebec, Ontario east of Belleville/Pembroke.

The Canadiens see the biggest change in terms of rights because RDS is no longer the only game in town. It used to carry all Habs games nationally, but in the Rogers deal it lost the national rights to TVA Sports. It managed to get the exclusive on regional rights, but that will mean the network is blacked out west of Belleville/Pembroke, Ont. during those games.

It’s also noteworthy that what constitutes a national game varies by language. There are 32 national games in English but only 22 in French. Those Wednesday and Sunday games carried nationally by Sportsnet and City, respectively, will be regional on RDS in French.

There’s still no deal for English-language regional TV rights. Rumour is neither Bell nor Rogers is interested at the price the Canadiens want. Bell’s TSN Habs channel has been shut down.

• National TV (English):
    • 21 Saturday night games on Hockey Night in Canada
    • 5 Wednesday games on Sportsnet E/O/W/P
    • 4 Sunday games on City
    • 1 Sunday game on Sportsnet E/O/W/P
    • 1 Thursday game on Sportsnet 360
  • National TV (French):
    • 1 Wednesday night game on TVA Sports (season opener)
    • 21 Saturday night games on TVA Sports
  • Regional TV (English): No broadcast deal announced
  • Regional TV (French): 60 games on RDS
  • Radio (English): All 82 games on TSN Radio 690
  • Radio (French): All 82 games on CHMP 98.5"

It seems a lot of us are left out in the cold. :angry:

Here's a link to all of the teams blackout area.

http://www.milehighhockey.com/2013/9/30/4784384/graphic-new-2013-nhl-divisions-by-tv-coverage-zone

Looks like I'll be seeing all the Habs games since I'm east of Belleville. I've got a room you can rent on game nights!

Question: (This is becoming really annoying)

RDS is playing 60 games, correct? I have Bell and at the moment do not have RDS. If I were to get Center Ice, do the games that are on RDS still get blacked out if I dont have RDS? As I understand it, not many Habs games will be broadcasted nationally other that the ones on RDS. If those arent blacked out then I'll definitely get CI.

My concern is that I get Centre Ice and then find out that most of the games are blacked out. That would be annoying.

Thanks for mudding the waters even more for me guys. Now i'm 100% confused instead of the 99% previously. :lol:

Here's my question. I live in the Niagara Peninsula ( Southern Ontario) Who do i have to kill to watch Hab games???

Thanks for mudding the waters even more for me guys. Now i'm 100% confused instead of the 99% previously. :lol:

Here's my question. I live in the Niagara Peninsula ( Southern Ontario) Who do i have to kill to watch Hab games???

There's a lonnnnnnnnnnnng list.

Archived