The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

2014-2015 Mark My Words

MARK MY WORDS... this is the thread where posters will come to make their predictions for the season.

MARK MY WORDS... some will predict success, others will predict slumps, injuries, or trades.

* Where will the Habs finish this season?

* Which Habs finishes first on the team in scoring?

* Which Hab makes the biggest strides this season? Who regresses the most?

* Will our additions make up for our subtractions?

* Will we make it past the third round this time? Or will we fall flat on our face?

*Will the extension of MT be a blessing or a curse.

*Who will be captain?

So mark your words and tell us what will happen this season by saying "MARK MY WORDS..."

MMW... Jiri Sekac will be overrated by the fans and media and will score fewer than 15 goals this season.

MMW... Michel Therrien will revert to coaching the way he did in the regular season last year, and the Habs will be dominated in possession in over half their games in the coming season.

MMW... Nathan Beaulieu will be a regular top 4 defenceman by the end of the season.

MMW... Greg Pateryn will leapfrog Tinordi on the depth chart this year, albeit Tinordi will have the better career long-term.

MMW... the Habs will go into the season with Desharnais and Plekanec as their two top centers. Galchenyuk and Eller will only get a chance to move up in the event of injury, trade, or one of the other two having a large slump.

MMW... None of Prust, Malhotra, or Moen plays more than 65 games for the Habs in the coming season.

MMW... Max Pacioretty will not match his goal total from last year (39). Alex Galchenyuk will score at least 25 this season.

MMW... Jiri Sekac will be overrated by the fans and media and will score fewer than 15 goals this season.

MMW... Michel Therrien will revert to coaching the way he did in the regular season last year, and the Habs will be dominated in possession in over half their games in the coming season.

MMW... Nathan Beaulieu will be a regular top 4 defenceman by the end of the season.

MMW... Greg Pateryn will leapfrog Tinordi on the depth chart this year, albeit Tinordi will have the better career long-term.

MMW... the Habs will go into the season with Desharnais and Plekanec as their two top centers. Galchenyuk and Eller will only get a chance to move up in the event of injury, trade, or one of the other two having a large slump.

MMW... None of Prust, Malhotra, or Moen plays more than 65 games for the Habs in the coming season.

MMW... Max Pacioretty will not match his goal total from last year (39). Alex Galchenyuk will score at least 25 this season.

If Sekac manages to score 15 goals his first season on the third line... I'd call that a success!

I pretty much agree with everything else you said though

Guest Regis2

+1 for BigTed on everything .

I also think this Sekac talk is a little too mmuch . The guy hasn't played a game in NA and people have on the Habs already

+1 for BigTed on everything .

I also think this Sekac talk is a little too mmuch . The guy hasn't played a game in NA and people have on the Habs already

well a lot of people think that though, EVERYONE wanted to sign him. I could see him getting PP time and I can see him playing 10 games his whole career. I just won't say that it's crazy to think he can be a top 9 or even 6 forward; its a rare circumstance.

MMW Patches will hit 40 goals

MMW Eller and Galchenyuk hit 50 points

MMW Gallagher hits 25 goals

MMW We will be top 2 in the conference

MMW Parenteau hits 50 points

MMW Both of our special teams ewill be top 5 in the league

1. I feel like he won't. I think he'll score somewhere from 30-35.

2. I think Galchenyuk will pot 25 goals and might get to 50 points. I don't see Eller being given enough quality ice time to hit that total unless there's an injury to open up a spot on the PP for Eller.

3. I see Gallagher hitting 22-28, so he'll be in that range. I agree.

4. Top 2? I have my reservations... over an entire season, I see Boston, Pittsburgh, New York, Tampa, Philly, and Detroit being at the same level as us or better. It doesn't mean we can't finish top 2, but I'd peg our odds of doing that at about 20-25%.

5. I think this is optimistic for PAP.

6. I don't see it. Our PP was not consistent last year, and there's not much to suggest it'll be better unless Beaulieu steps up and we replace Vanek's offence on the right wing. Our PK will suffer early with Gorges gone, I see it taking some time to figure itself out. I'd guess our PP will end up somewhere around 14th-16th and our PK around 10th-12th.

MMW: Sekac, Andrigetto and De La Rose will all see time with the Habs this year. Sekac will finish the season as a regular in our top 9.

MMW: This team ends up being a top 4 possession club in the East this year.

MMW: We finish top 2 in our divison, top 3 in the East

MMW: Subban and Paccioretty both hit career highs in points, though Patches misses out on 40 goals.

MMW: Our captain is named either the week before or week after the Xmas break.

• 1 month later...

Too many negatives on here,

MMW we will be in the playoffs for sure, will make the conference final and the cup is a probabilty.

Patches will hit his 40 barring injuries.

Eller will get 50 pts.

Gally will get 25 g 50 pts.

Pleks will hit 70 pts,should have better linemates.

PK will wow everybody again.

Special teams will be fine,hate to say it we won't missJG.

Bourque will suprise and Chucky will hit centre stage.

MMW we are going to have a great season Price wants a cup and a Vezina,and what Carey wants Carey gets.

GO HABS GO :lol::lol: :lol: :lol::lol::lol:

Too many negatives on here,

MMW we will be in the playoffs for sure, will make the conference final and the cup is a probabilty.

Patches will hit his 40 barring injuries.

Eller will get 50 pts.

Gally will get 25 g 50 pts.

Pleks will hit 70 pts,should have better linemates.

PK will wow everybody again.

Special teams will be fine,hate to say it we won't missJG.

Bourque will suprise and Chucky will hit centre stage.

MMW we are going to have a great season Price wants a cup and a Vezina,and what Carey wants Carey gets.

GO HABS GO :lol::lol: :lol: :lol::lol::lol:

Welcome back Maddie :) . I like your optimism. :D

Welcome back Maddie :) . I like your optimism. :D

Thanks Kinot I have always been here just not posting,you know me always the optimist,there is no fun in thinking you are going to fail,its much more fun to dream about winning,if you do fail you have had some nice dreams in the process,much better than always being down,lifes too short to be down about things,I am just so grateful that I wake up every day,especially now I am getting older,not old yet ,just getting there.

GO HABS GO :lol::lol: :lol: :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Thanks Kinot I have always been here just not posting,you know me always the optimist,there is no fun in thinking you are going to fail,its much more fun to dream about winning,if you do fail you have had some nice dreams in the process,much better than always being down,lifes too short to be down about things,I am just so grateful that I wake up every day,especially now I am getting older,not old yet ,just getting there.

GO HABS GO :lol::lol: :lol: :lol::lol::lol::lol:

If you want to stay young,,, get a scooter, it clears your mind, and everything is good. :D

Archived