The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

24 CH Season 3?

smirob

Interesting thing is that RDS/Bell won't have the rights to all the footage any more, so may make it less plausible to film the series.

RDS has regional rights to the footage though, I don't know if it applies for them to use it in the series or not. Also doesn't TSN have the ability to show highlights regardless (SportsCentre)? And all that is show in 24CH is highlights, so I'd assume the same rule or license that TSN uses for highlights would be available for 24CH.

If they want to do 24CH this season, not having national rights won't stop them, they'll figure out whatever they need to do.

Guest habs1952

RDS has regional rights to the footage though, I don't know if it applies for them to use it in the series or not. Also doesn't TSN have the ability to show highlights regardless (SportsCentre)? And all that is show in 24CH is highlights, so I'd assume the same rule or license that TSN uses for highlights would be available for 24CH.

If they want to do 24CH this season, not having national rights won't stop them, they'll figure out whatever they need to do.

I'd also assume, maybe incorrectly, teams have the right to use their team highlights in any way they see fit. Do the Habs have any monetary affiliation with 24CH or is 24CH a private entity which would preclude them from using the highlights?

I'd also assume, maybe incorrectly, teams have the right to use their team highlights in any way they see fit. Do the Habs have any monetary affiliation with 24CH or is 24CH a private entity which would preclude them from using the highlights?

It was produced by Attraction Images, distributed by Bell

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Archived