The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

2014-2015 Training Camp and Pre-Season

ColRouleBleu

This is where we discuss training camp and pre-season matters.

I'll start with this:

Fans invited to attend the Canadian Tire Red vs White scrimmage at the Bell Centre.

In preparation for the team’s preseason schedule, the Canadiens and Canadian Tire are pleased to invite all fans to attend the Canadian Tire Red vs White scrimmage on Monday, September 22, 2014 at the Bell Centre. The puck drop is set for 7 p.m. with the Bell Centre doors to open at 5:30 p.m. All fans attending the game will enjoy a free hot dog with chips and a soft drink or a water bottle. Details can be found => here

From Habs I/O:

"The Canadiens’ rookie camp starts on Friday, Sept. 12, and runs through Tuesday, Sept. 16 at the team’s Brossard practice facility, running from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. each day and will be open to the public."

Team's golf tournament Sept 15 and main camp opens Sept 18 in Brossard.

Francis Bouillon confirmed as having received an invite to attend training camp. It's not yet a contract, but this would be a major mistake to continue delaying Tinordi, Beaulieu, and Pateryn's development...

Unfortunately, if he made it this far he is probably going to make the team. This still isn't the end of the world if Therrien uses him as a true number 7 defenceman, but I wouldn't bet a lot on that.

From Habs I/O

Pat Hickey reports that there are only two players at the rookie camp with an outside chance of starting the season with the Canadiens: 6-foot-2, 182-pound left-winger Jiri Sekac, a 22-year-old Czech who played with Lev Prague in the Kontinental Hockey League last season and had 11 goals and 17 assists in 47 games, and Nikita Scherbak the Canadiens’ first-round pick at this year’s NHL draft.

The rookie camp is open to the public. Players will be on the ice from 8:30 a.m. until noon Saturday. On Sunday, there will be on-ice testing from 9 a.m. until 10:30 a.m., followed by a scrimmage at 4 p.m. There will be scrimmages at 11 a.m. on Monday and Tuesday.

Noooo soup please, we're full. Seriously though MB what are you thinking? He's earned it? Nothing against him, he was a fine foot soldier but it's time for the THREE promising D in waiting to wear the CH.

I heard today on TSN 690, that it might just be a courtesy move by MB. If MB is just doing it out of loyalty of some sort, then, if you're not going to sign him, why give him hope and then dash his plans/dreams in the end? Heck, he'll be 39 next month.

I heard today on TSN 690, that it might just be a courtesy move by MB. If MB is just doing it out of loyalty of some sort, then, if you're not going to sign him, why give him hope and then dash his plans/dreams in the end? Heck, he'll be 39 next month.

Again, if the courtesy is to let him earn a spot in Hamilton, then I'm fine with it... let him mentor the likes of Dietz, Thrower, Bennett, etc. MB should have made it clear to Bouillon that there is a 0% chance he makes the NHL team. As long as that's the case, I have no issue with Frankie being at camp as more of a player-coach role.

I'd be very confused if we signed Bou to a contract. It makes sense if he's going to play in the AHL or even just attend camp to help the kids and get no contract. But there's no way I'd want to see him play over Beaulieu, Tinordi or Pateryn.

This year, I'd really like to see MT experiment with lines. IIRC, last year he went in to preseason using the same lines from the end of the previous year. Id like to see some creativity and experimentation this year. I'd like to see Pacioretty play with a center not named Desharnais, Galchenyuk at Center, Eller with some better linemates (perhaps Patch), Sherbak/Sekac with some good linemates and Beaulieu.Tinordi play big minutes with Subban.

Noooo soup please, we're full. Seriously though MB what are you thinking? He's earned it? Nothing against him, he was a fine foot soldier but it's time for the THREE promising D in waiting to wear the CH.

Archived