The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens

Toughest Opposition In East

HabsRuleForever

Rangers will be brimming with confidence but they don't worry me. Bruins will be looking for a bounce back year, so no doubt they'll be tough. Other teams for the most part have stood pat. I think the biggest challenge to the Habs will be themselves staying focused.

All of them. <_<

The Sabres too? :blink: ,,,,,,,,,, :P

I would think that in order of biggest challenges are,

Ruins, because of Rask, and their determination to beat us.

TB comes next because of Bishop and Stamkos, both of whom were injured during the POs.

Rags, because of Ludquist and how determined they were in the SCF.

Pitts, but not because of their goalie, because of Malkin and Cros.

I will throw the Winglets in, only because of Babcock.

Guest habs1952

The Sabres too? :blink: ,,,,,,,,,, :P

I would think that in order of biggest challenges are,

Ruins, because of Rask, and their determination to beat us.

TB comes next because of Bishop and Stamkos, both of whom were injured during the POs.

Rags, because of Ludquist and how determined they were in the SCF.

Pitts, but not because of their goalie, because of Malkin and Cros.

I will throw the Winglets in, only because of Babcock.

Yep, the Sabres too. The Habs seem to always struggle against the bottom feeders.

Tampa Bay, because they've beefed up their squad and Bishop will be healthy again. They also wish to avenge the playoff sweep last season.

I don't consider Bruins because although we may have the upper hand in head-to-head match-ups, they'll most probably outscore us in the standings over a long season. Not Penguins too, because we'll only meet them in the playoffs. In regular season match-ups, they'll probably beat us. Any threat from Detroit is unknown because they blow hot and cold.

The wild card here is the Old Enemy from Hogtown. Fans like to mock them and gloat, but I'll take them seriously. After all, they had the series upper hand over us for two consecutive seasons. With a new president, re-organization and tonnes of $$$ to spend, you never know when they put up a serious challenge if they can sustain consistency.

There is nobody in this conference that I fear. Any given night, we can win any given game.

That said, I really don't see a reason any other team should fear us. The East is wide open again this year, and it's been like that for a couple years now.

The West, on the other hand....

I don't fear anyone either but if I had to pick the toughest its Tampa. They could be REAL good this year.

As for the West, lots of good teams, but it would not surprise me at all if the east wins the cup this year. They are better but bot head and shoulders better, its just that the top 4-5 teams in the league are in the West. That is a little crazy but that doesn't mean that a team in the east can't beat on of those 4 teams in the final. They are not THAT much better.

• 4 weeks later...

The Islanders may surprise... they have been very aggressive to start this season, with a better defense corp and more depth behind Tavares.

Agree that they're probably going to be a playoff team, or at least a playoff contender but they played both games against Carolina who might be the worst team in the league after Buffalo. If anything I'm surprised they gave up 6 goals in the 2 games.

Guest habs1952

Yup... Tampa could be a good bet ;)

Yeah, they could be. It's early in the season but with our PP the way it is the Habs themselves could be the Habs toughest eastern team.

Pittsburgh is looking more like the team that went to 2 Cup finals than they have ever since 2009. Scared though, no. Just wary.

Tampa Bay got a lot better, but it will take more than a single lopsided special teams game to have me concerned.

I was concerned long before this game

• 5 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Tampa is the only team I fear. A few other good team but I know we can beat them. I don't know if we can win a playoff series against Tampa. I have the utmost respect for that team.

I think the Bruins should be scared of us... they got no chance!

ha! Post of the year! Why haven't I been hired as assistant GM or something? Call me MB! I know you read these

Archived