Canadiens de Montreal

Sun, 28 Sep 2014 Capitals @ Canadiens 6:00 PM EST - RDS TSN 690 Radio

habs_93

The Washington Capitals

AfraidInsistentAnglerfish.gif

Visit our Habs

wTkjjnf.jpg

At 6 PM tonight!

Not a lot of information available yet, but according to HI/O, it appears that Alex Galchenyuk has been shifted back to the wing, at least for this game. Lars Eller was back practicing on Saturday, and centred a line with Jiří Sekáč and Rene Bourque. If someone else sees the lineup information before I do, feel free to post it. :)

Opening night is getting closer and closer. GO HABS GO! :D

So far as the rumors go, Pacioretty-Galchenyuk-PAP will be the first line tonight. That in itself should be exciting. Thomas and Sekac get another shot to win the last forward job, and Tinordi gets a shot to play with Weaver and make a play for the 7th D man spot.

Just posted this in the Galchenyuk and training camp threads, completely forgetting to check the GDT :lol:

Definitely excited to see that line. Thomas has shown nothing but hustle thus far, but I dont see him stealing a spot. He may however, be the first callup. Sekac looks good and its his spot to lose. Also no harm in giving Tinordi another chance to prove he is ready. Beaulieu has the #6 spot on lock right now but theres still a fight for #7 which seems to be between Tinordi and Pateryn, though I thought Negryn could have been a good choice too. Also judging from preseason use, it seems Budaj is ahead in the battle for backup goalie.

We'll probably see some cuts tonight/tomorrow too.

^^ Cuts almost certainly coming tonight, given Bulldogs camp opens tomorrow. My guess is that the only bubble players who will still be in camp tomorrow will be Budaj, Tokarski, MacDonald, Beaulieu, Tinordi, Pateryn, Bouillon, Sekac, Thomas, Bournival, and maybe Scherbak. Habs made it clear this year that they wanted to devote more games to letting the actual line-up gel rather than trying out rookies... so don't think we'll see too many young players get more games.

I assume the lines will look something like

Pacioretty-Galchenyuk-Parenteau

Sekac-Plekanec-Gallagher

Bournival-Eller-Thomas

Moen-Malholtra-Weise

Emelin-Subban

Markov-Gilbert

Tinordi-Weaver

I'd love to see MT switch up the D a little bit and put Markov with Subban though

As a side note, I'd actually be pretty wiling to go into the season like this. Switch Moen for Prust, MAYBE Thomas for Bourque, and Tinordi for Beaulieu.

Evening folks.

Was a little behind everyone, started the game late. Finally caught up now.

Liking the pace so far, Tinordi having another rough game.

Chuck looks like he's got something to prove this season. Been showing his skill tonight.

Emelin playing well so far.

Had a break out pass earlier that wasn't picked off.

If he continues like this it would really help our back end.

Had a break out pass earlier that wasn't picked off.

If he continues like this it would really help our back end.

Looking more comfortable beside PK tonight. Covered for him nicely on PK's pinch. Good sign.

Evening everyone.

Evening sir.

Looking more comfortable beside PK tonight. Covered for him nicely on PK's pinch. Good sign.

Still don't see him on the top line.

Maybe 2nd pairing if marky takes top spot with PK.

And another Habs PP.

Make it count.

Good job bourny.

C'mon guys.

Make your passes count.

No shots yet on the PP?

Evening FS, I'm actually unable to watch tonight. How's it going?

Good but unfortunately I can't watch tonight. How are you?

Make sure you also have TVA or else you may only catch 1/3 the games.

Doing well and you?

09! Long time. Going pretty well, yourself?

I want Galchenyuk to stay at centre so much.

I'm doing well. Got back home about a month ago after a performance tour around the US, and it feels like I get busier every year with this college stuff. It's good though. Lots of fun.

Archived