• Lose their first game of the year
    • Win by 1 goal
    • Win by 2 goals
    • Win by 3 or more goals

gohabsgo-1.jpg

VS

sflyers_zps22d8d86a.jpg

Possible lines from the Habs..

On Friday, Therrien put his newly formed lines to work in the City of Brotherly Love, looking to build upon the chemistry they’d displayed less than 24 hours earlier in Washington. Jiri Sekac skated on a line with Tomas Plekanec and Alex Galchenyuk, while Pierre-Alexandre Parenteau assumed Sekac’s spot on a line with Lars Eller and Rene Bourque. Brendan Gallagher, meanwhile, lined up alongside David Desharnais and Max Pacioretty, while the line of Brandon Prust, Manny Malhotra and Travis Moen remained intact.

Possible lines from the Flyers...

Who cares?

In net for the Habs...

NHLAllStarGamePortraits9H3J8_VYU_wl.jpg

In net for the Flyers...

Who cares?

DROP THE PUCK

Preview

CANADIENS (2-0-0) at FLYERS (0-2-0)

TV: TVA, CITY, CSN-PH

Season series: The Philadelphia Flyers won two of three games against the Montreal Canadiens last season. Flyers forward Brayden Schenn had an assist in each game, and he has points in five of six games against the Canadiens the previous two seasons.

Canadiens team scope: After starting on a line with Lars Eller and Rene Bourque on Thursday against the Washington Capitals, rookie forward Jiri Sekac finished playing with fellow Czech Tomas Plekanec, as well as Alex Galchenyuk. They practiced together Friday, and Sekac said he hopes they stay together Saturday. "I think I'll feel pretty comfortable next to [Plekanec]," Sekac said, according to the Canadiens website. "… Hopefully we're going to be successful as a line and as a team."

Flyers team scope: The Flyers are 0-2-0 for the third straight season; to avoid going 0-3-0 for the third season in a row, they know there's a need for better team defense. That means more help from the forwards, especially with defenseman Braydon Coburn out of the lineup with a lower-body injury. "In the third period [Thursday against the New Jersey Devils, a 6-4 loss] the [defense] got caught pinching a couple times," coach Craig Berube told the Flyers website. "We actually had a forward back and still ended up giving up a couple of odd man rushes. Those two bothered me. We did a lot of good things but we lost the game, so obviously we have to do better."

Preview

CANADIENS (2-0-0) at FLYERS (0-2-0)

TV: TVA, CITY, CSN-PH

Season series: The Philadelphia Flyers won two of three games against the Montreal Canadiens last season. Flyers forward Brayden Schenn had an assist in each game, and he has points in five of six games against the Canadiens the previous two seasons.

Canadiens team scope: After starting on a line with Lars Eller and Rene Bourque on Thursday against the Washington Capitals, rookie forward Jiri Sekac finished playing with fellow Czech Tomas Plekanec, as well as Alex Galchenyuk. They practiced together Friday, and Sekac said he hopes they stay together Saturday. "I think I'll feel pretty comfortable next to [Plekanec]," Sekac said, according to the Canadiens website. "… Hopefully we're going to be successful as a line and as a team."

Flyers team scope: The Flyers are 0-2-0 for the third straight season; to avoid going 0-3-0 for the third season in a row, they know there's a need for better team defense. That means more help from the forwards, especially with defenseman Braydon Coburn out of the lineup with a lower-body injury. "In the third period [Thursday against the New Jersey Devils, a 6-4 loss] the [defense] got caught pinching a couple times," coach Craig Berube told the Flyers website. "We actually had a forward back and still ended up giving up a couple of odd man rushes. Those two bothered me. We did a lot of good things but we lost the game, so obviously we have to do better."

Flyers team scope,,,,,,,who cares. :lol:

Having our Turkey gathering tonight, so i likely won't be on for some of the game, but i'll certainly be watching the whole thing.

Let's hope the Philly tailspin goes at least one more game.

Unconfirmed (Puffs forums) reports are that Emery is in goal, and our own Chris Lee is officiating.

AGAIN???? Didn't he just do our last one (or was that his twin Peel)?? Another workout for our PK. <_<

Having our Turkey gathering tonight, so i likely won't be on for some of the game, but i'll certainly be watching the whole thing.

Let's hope the Philly tailspin goes at least one more game.

AGAIN???? Didn't he just do our last one (or was that his twin Peel)?? Another workout for our PK. <_<

Ya, he must loves doing our games. Emery is confirmed. 9-7 against us.

Ya, he must loves doing our games. Emery is confirmed. 9-7 against us.

Not worried about Emery's record against us if we play our game (hopefully for 3 periods this time). Holtby was 5-0 against us last game and we got to him. This team is a lot more versatile then past Hab teams Emery has faced. :)

Archived