The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Game #5 ~ Bruins @ Canadiens. Thursday, October 16th, 2014.

Clues

5338md.jpg

BRUINS (2-3-0) at CANADIENS (3-1-0)

TV: NHLN-US, SN360, NESN, RDS

Season series: The Montreal Canadiens won three of four games against the Boston Bruins in the 2013-14 regular season before winning a seven-game Eastern Conference Second Round series. Some of Montreal's most successful players from those games are gone: Brian Gionta and Daniel Briere tied for the Canadiens' lead with three points in the regular season, and Thomas Vanek had four goals in the playoffs. P.K. Subban had seven postseason points (four goals).

Bruins team scope: Boston scored two goals for the second time in five games in its 3-2 shootout win against the Detroit Red Wings on Wednesday. The Bruins managed two goals total in a three-game losing streak. Forward Simon Gagne, playing his first NHL game since April 27, 2013, wound up skating on the first line with David Krejci and Milan Lucic. Center Patrice Bergeron left a period early for the second time this season, only to return to the game. He has won 73 of 110 faceoffs, a 66.4 percent success rate. Goalie Tuukka Rask, who was 1-2-1 against Montreal last regular season, played Wednesday, so backup Niklas Svedberg could make his second start.

Canadiens team scope: Goalie Carey Price is 2-1-0 but has a 3.66 goals-against average, an .878 save percentage and was pulled from a 7-1 loss to the Tampa Bay Lightning on Monday. He played in one of the four games against Boston last season, allowing one goal in a 2-1 win Dec. 5. Montreal, 0-for-14 on the power play, spent extra time on special teams at practice Wednesday, the Montreal Gazette reported. This is the Canadiens' home opener and the first of a four-game homestand that ends Oct. 25.

go Habs go!

I don't wanna see the torch again, not until we win the Cup.

Sekac picked up his parents from the airport, they'll be coming to the opener, I'm hoping he scores at least one goal.

Keep everyone uninjured, Hockey God's!.

Prust, Moen, Tinodi, Emelin all in tonight.

"Are we ready to rumble!!!" :lol::huh:

Nah, team is just being prudent for their home opener against the Bruins. Smart.

Plus, we all know how grumpy the Bruins can get when they are getting walloped (Game 6 last play-offs -- yeah, 'poked the bear' that night, the Habs did).

maybe to avoid a situation with Lucic? Save it for another game... I like the idea of rolling them in and out anyway

Yeah I dont mind the rotation for sure but I would have almost been more inclined to sit Sekac & put Weise on that 3rd line but on the flip side they do need time to gel.

maybe to avoid a situation with Lucic? Save it for another game... I like the idea of rolling them in and out anyway

That's what I was thinking, too.

Dave Stubbs tweeted earlier: "#Habs pre-game ceremony begins at 7:32, scheduled to be done by 7:45. Expect a simple ceremony but one with a very special guest #HabsIO"

"Very special guest"? I wonder who that could be.

I despise the Bruins so so much. It would be just glorious to blow them out infront of our fans tonight. 5-1 Habs?

After the thumping in Tampa Bay, it'd feel glorious to hand the Bruins any sort of loss. Can't go losing to the 2 teams we knocked out of the playoffs. It's bad for appearances.

I don't wanna see the torch again, not until we win the Cup.

Sekac picked up his parents from the airport, they'll be coming to the opener, I'm hoping he scores at least one goal.

Keep everyone uninjured, Hockey God's!.

Oh, I hope so too. I'm sick to death of that darn torch.

SAKU!!!! Maybe?

THAT would be awesome. I hope it's Saku!

Archived