safe_image_zpsc7798744.png

OUR HABS (YEAA)

HABSLOGO_zps0a2d1ce2.jpg

VISIT

THE SCOTIABANK SADDLESDOME

TO TAKE ON THE

CALGARYFLAMES.jpg

9:00 PM EDT, RDS,CITY M,TSN RADIO

Well,,, last night's game was ummm,,, er,,,,ah,,,,underwhelming? The good news is that, we still have a chance to go 80-2. So we can take comfort in that at least. :)

The Flames were probably having a party watching the game with beer and nachos for all.
The Habs a chance to begin a new streak "if" they can put it all together and play a game worthy of watching.
HERE'S WHAT WE KNOW
CAREY WILL BE IN THE NETS
THE HABS WILL BE IN A SURLY MOOD (THEY HAD BETTER BE)
The Canadiens haven't won at Scotiabank Saddledome since Jan. 5, 2002, tying the next visit before losing seven straight.
Since losing at Tampa Bay on Oct. 13, Price has won four straight starts behind a 1.99 GAA.

Montreal, which concludes this trip Thursday in Vancouver, could use some improvement from Tomas Plekanec after he was a minus-3 Monday.

The center leads the team with five goals and nine points, but he's been held to one goal and is a minus-4 over the last five overall games against the Flames.

P.K. Subban, though, has four points in three meetings.

UNKNOWN ARE THE LINE-UPS AT THIS TIME

d14f_2.jpg

kinot-1's GDT Record 2-1-0

CANADIENS PROJECTED LINE-UP

Max Pacioretty – David Desharnais – Brendan Gallagher

Alex Galchenyuk – Tomas Plekanec – Pierre-Alexandre Parenteau

Rene Bourque – Lars Eller – Dale Weise

Brandon Prust – Manny Malhotra – Travis Moen

Alexei Emelin – P.K. Subban

Andrei Markov – Tom Gilbert

Jarred Tinordi – Mike Weaver

Carey Price

Dustin Tokarski

Tinordi is on for Beaulieu

Unclear why MT is sticking with Moen over Bournival and Sekac. Prust is debatable, but there's no excuse for going back to Moen repeatedly.

The trade thing, I suppose. Not that that's a good reason, but there you go.

It's not as if Sekáč is a defensive nightmare, there's just more memories/tape of Moen killing penalties. Garden variety veteran favouritism. Or, since a picture's worth a thousand words:

X9ST3op.jpg

Unclear why MT is sticking with Moen over Bournival and Sekac. Prust is debatable, but there's no excuse for going back to Moen repeatedly.

Sekac will get his chance soon, I'm sure.

I don't mind Moen being in the lineup. He's doing what he does. Play 10-12 decent minutes each night.

I would like to see Bournival get a game in though.

Sekac will get his chance soon, I'm sure.

I don't mind Moen being in the lineup. He's doing what he does. Play 10-12 decent minutes each night.

I would like to see Bournival get a game in though.

And that's fine that Moen is playing his game, but you have players available who play a better game... so why not use them. Again, if it's just for trade value, I doubt this is making any difference.

And that's fine that Moen is playing his game, but you have players available who play a better game... so why not use them. Again, if it's just for trade value, I doubt this is making any difference.

I agree. I cannot really see anyone inquiring about Travis Moen no matter what happens (barring a return to "sniper Moen" form) until the deadline. However, I'm comfortable with the lineup for now. Although I hate the "If it ain't broke..." mentality.

I guess the coach believes Moen is more defensively reliable than Sekac or Bournival (not saying I agree), unless they're really trying to push the trade thing.

Archived