The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Sun, 16 Nov 2014 Canadiens @ Red Wings 7:00 PM CITY, RDS

Guest habs1952

Really good sequence the Habs are on, and I like the way they've played the past 7-10 days. Outchanced again, but a lot of that could be the fact Detroit was down most of the game and playing catch-up.

My 3 Stars:

1. Tokarski

2. Gallagher

3. Subban

The Wings are quick and the Habs did play last night.

Can we count all those bad first periods as part of December??

Yup. The Habs were just pre-paying their December account.

Most impressive Hab stat this season .... 4-0-0 on the back-end of back-to-backs. I could check, but I don't think any club is close to that record this season. Most all the time when I see a team playing the 2nd game in two nights, with travel in between, they lose.

And I'm not just talking the Leafs and the Bruins. They're a given. :D

A first thing I think of on this is Therrien's "no excuses". What a great mindset / attitude.

This was the most impressive win result so far this season, for the Habs, IMO. The odds were just against them; yet, 4-1 win.

Most impressive Hab stat this season .... 4-0-0 on the back-end of back-to-backs. I could check, but I don't think any club is close to that record this season. Most all the time when I see a team playing the 2nd game in two nights, with travel in between, they lose.

And I'm not just talking the Leafs and the Bruins. They're a given. :D

A first thing I think of on this is Therrien's "no excuses". What a great mindset / attitude.

This was the most impressive win result so far this season, for the Habs, IMO. The odds were just against them; yet, 4-1 win.

After the game, and appearing at NHL.com after my post:

"Before the game, we spoke about all the excuses that, maybe, we could use to not come out strong," Subban said. "We wanted to come out without any excuses tonight. We wanted to put forth our best effort."

"We were playing our fourth game in six days, back-to-back and playing a Detroit Red Wings team that's a good team that plays with good structure," Montreal coach Michel Therrien said. "We could have had a lot of excuses but the guys didn't take any excuses."

I musta been in the dressing room with 'em. :lol:

Archived