The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Fri, 5 Dec 2014 Canadiens @ Blackhawks 8:30 PM RDS, SNE , TSN 690 Radio.

kinot-1

IT'S

safe_image_zpsc7798744.png

BEARSGONEBAD_zpsc7fe28fa.jpg

OUR HABS

img092.jpg

INTO

637677174_8db4612a5b.jpg

TO TAKE ON THE

0511240554181falcon1-lightok_t-1.jpg

Start time: 8:30 PM ET
In Quebec and Atlantic Canada (English): Sportsnet East
In Quebec and Atlantic Canada (French): RDS
Illinois and Surrounding States: CSN Chicago
Elsewhere: NHL GameCenter, NHL Center Ice

WE ALL KNOW WHAT HAPPENED THE LAST TIME WE FACED THEM. <_<

WILL THIS TIME BE ANY DIFFERENT? TUNE IN AND FIND OUT.

Overwhelmed by the Wild, can the Habs avoid a similar fate in the Windy City?

Drayson Bowman has been called up from the Bulldogs and will join the Habs in Chicago.

HERE'S THE SKINNY

LAST 10 GP,

HABS 5-4-1 :(

HAWKS, 8-2-0 :(

FENWICK

HABS 49.92

HAWKS 54.89

GOALS FOR: HABS 70,,, HAWKS, 78

GOALS AGAINST: HABS, 68,,HAWKS 49

5 ON 5: HABS 1.04,,HAWKS, 1.39

PP%, HABS, 14.1%,,HAWKS 18.6%

PK, HABS, 85.1%,,HAWKS 92%

WELL, IT DOESN'T LOOK VERY GOOD, FOR ONE TEAM.

kinot-1's GDT record, 6-3-1

IJGBATL :lol:

Sweet... :rolleyes: It looks like we're getting Desharnais with Pacioretty and Weise, according to lines and defense pairings at practice.

Eller with Sekac and Parenteau could be interesting though. :) And it appears as though Weaver will be drawing back into the lineup and place of Allen.

As great as Weise has been recently at setting Patches up, and good as DD has been historically at setting Patches up, it seems like poor Patches has been demoted to some Frankenstein-like combination of a 2nd/3rd line. Neither Weise (love him) or DD (not so much) are 1st liners.

Majority of predictors are calling for a Hawks win which is probably the safe bet. Ever since they schooled us last time they've been on a decent tear whereas we've been treading water after our 6-game streak. Nothing of late to indicate a resurgence but I stuck with the Habs and hope they ice a good game. I figure they need it and they're due for one.

Here's to hoping.

There is this city north of Chicago called Willmette. Except the origin is from a French settler named Ouillmette.

Let's get that W back where it belongs in Quebec if not all of Canada.

:D

Weaver returns to the line-up, while Allen sits. Carey will start.

Here’s how the lines and defence pairings looked during the morning skate in Chicago:

Pacioretty-Desharnais-Weise
Galchenyuk-Plekanec-Gallagher
Sekac-Eller-Parenteau
Prust-Malhotra-Tangradi

Markov-Subban
Gonchar-Emelin
Gilbert-Weaver

Interesting factoids:

Habs are a +11 goal differential in the 3rd.

Stephane Waite (goalie coach of the Habs) and Jimmy Waite (goalie coach of the Hawks) are brothers.

As great as Weise has been recently at setting Patches up, and good as DD has been historically at setting Patches up, it seems like poor Patches has been demoted to some Frankenstein-like combination of a 2nd/3rd line. Neither Weise (love him) or DD (not so much) are 1st liners.

Majority of predictors are calling for a Hawks win which is probably the safe bet. Ever since they schooled us last time they've been on a decent tear whereas we've been treading water after our 6-game streak. Nothing of late to indicate a resurgence but I stuck with the Habs and hope they ice a good game. I figure they need it and they're due for one.

Here's to hoping.

Yep. It's a situation I don't want to see our most effective scoring winger in. Short-term, it's no big deal, but this line combination keeps coming around lately and it's quite annoying, IMO. Therrien is just incapable of demoting Desharnais off the line. Which is unfair to both players. Desharnais can probably find some level of success with other wingers. That Therrien is so committed to keeping them stuck together only allows him the option of rotating bottom six guys on and off the line in an "effort" to "shake things up." It's depressing.

Yep. It's a situation I don't want to see our most effective scoring winger in. Short-term, it's no big deal, but this line combination keeps coming around lately and it's quite annoying, IMO. Therrien is just incapable of demoting Desharnais off the line. Which is unfair to both players. Desharnais can probably find some level of success with other wingers. That Therrien is so committed to keeping them stuck together only allows him the option of rotating bottom six guys on and off the line in an "effort" to "shake things up." It's depressing.

You may be right about DD finding success with other wingers but my bigger concern is that Patches would probably definitely find success with other centers.

Someone said it somewhere that, fine, let DD & Patches be joined 5-on-5 but DD should not be out there for prime PP minutes. He's getting way too much lee-way. It's not like DD is Robin to Patch's Batman. Even if so, Robin was always replaceable. :ph34r:

Well, we'll have to have some fun with a horrendous game in that case! :lol:

Drinking game? :wub:

You may be right about DD finding success with other wingers but my bigger concern is that Patches would probably definitely find success with other centers.

Someone said it somewhere that, fine, let DD & Patches be joined 5-on-5 but DD should not be out there for prime PP minutes. He's getting way too much lee-way. It's not like DD is Robin to Patch's Batman. Even if so, Robin was always replaceable. :ph34r:

Drinking game? :wub:

Drinking game it is!

Someone start some rules.

Drinking game it is!

Everytime we shoot WIDE,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, take a drink.

Everytime we miss a 2 on 1,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,see above

Everytime the Hawks score,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,see above

I think that's enough.

sm_beer_drinking.gif

Drinking game it is!

Eller line offensive zone start: Drink.

DD line doesn't start a power play: Two drinks.

Positive corsi after first period: Four drinks.

Under 5 icings in a period: Drink.

>45 seconds sustained offensive zone shift with a change and >2 SOG: Three drinks

Galchenyuk centre shift: Drink.

Road power play goal: Guzzle entire comically large duty free shop bottle.

Er, wait. That's the version suitable for those who abstain from drinking...

Guest habs1952

Here's to hoping.

I was gonna go with my heart and predict the Habs to win but then I started to get a headache and I figured my brain was trying to tell me something so I picked the Hawks. Headache went away. <_<

Guest habs1952

Everytime we shoot WIDE,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, take a drink.

Everytime we miss a 2 on 1,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,see above

Everytime the Hawks score,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,see above

I think that's enough.

sm_beer_drinking.gif

You won't make it past the first period! Which may be a good thing! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Archived