The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Tue, 16 Dec 2014 Hurricanes @ Canadiens 7:30 PM RDS Sportsnet East TSN 690

habs_93

gPaqO4v.jpg

HURRICANES (8-18-3) at CANADIENS (19-10-2)

TV: RDS, Sportsnet East, FOX Sports Carolinas

Radio: TSN 690 CKGM, 99.9 The Fan WCMC

Season series: The Montreal Canadiens won two of three games against the Carolina Hurricanes last season. The Canadiens' Max Pacioretty led all scorers with three goals and David Desharnais had two. Hurricanes goalie Cam Ward won his only start, in which Carolina trailed 3-0 entering the third period but rallied to beat the Canadiens 5-4 in overtime on Dec. 31, 2013, at PNC Arena.

Hurricanes team scope: This is the finale of a three-game road trip for Carolina, which is mired in a five-game losing streak (0-5-0) and has been limited to one goal in each of those defeats. The Hurricanes haven't scored more than two goals in a game since a 4-2 win at the Pittsburgh Penguins on Nov. 28. Forward Andrej Nestrasil was placed on injured reserve Monday and forward Justin Shugg was recalled from Charlotte of the American Hockey League. Shugg, who leads the Checkers with nine goals, practiced with the Hurricanes and will play Tuesday. "He was good early in camp," coach Bill Peters said via the team's official Twitter account. "He's a guy that is playing well down there and deserved to come up." Peters said he's hopeful forward Jordan Staal (broken leg) can return later this month, but that Staal still needs to take contact in practice.

Canadiens team scope: A five-game homestand has started well for Montreal, which scored nine goals in wins against the Vancouver Canucks and Los Angeles Kings. Forward Sven Andrighetto has points in his first three NHL games (two goals, one assist), the first player to do so with the Canadiens since Pierre Mondou in 1977-78. Andrighetto has been on a line with Tomas Plekanec and Jiri Sekac, which remained intact at practice Monday. Sekac has two goals and two assists during a three-game point streak. Plekanec has one goal and three assists during a four-game point streak. "Every game, [the chemistry] on the line is getting better and better," Sekac told the Montreal Gazette. Forward Lars Eller (upper-body injury) and defensemen Mike Weaver (concussion) and Bryan Allen (flu) were at practice Monday, according to the Gazette. Eller and Weaver wore non-contact jerseys.

Is anyone else in Ontario sick of the blackouts in Ontario for o0ur teams games and the lack of Sat night games we have seen this season? Rogers truly screwed the pooch with HABS broadcasts this season.

If you have CTV, CBC, and Sportsnet you should be good for the weekend games.

Great GDT 93. Should be a good one.

If you have CTV, CBC, and Sportsnet you should be good for the weekend games.

Great GDT 93. Should be a good one.

I do but sadly we seem to have very few Sat night games where I used to be able to watch all 82 games between CBC and RDS before Rogers bought the NHL.

I do but sadly we seem to have very few Sat night games where I used to be able to watch all 82 games between CBC and RDS before Rogers bought the NHL.

I live in London too, and have Rogers and have been watching the Habs on Sat. on one of the channels here. Either CBC,, Sportsnet,,, or City-TV. I know the game isn't on any of the regular channels tonight tho, at least here.

The Hurricanes have lost five in a row and come into Montreal with the worst record in the Eastern Conference at 8-18-3. The team’s leading scorer is defenceman Justin Faulk with five goals and 17 points. Eric Staal has seven goals and 16 points, while Jeff Skinner has been a disappointment with six goals and eight assists. Cam Ward is having a so-so season with a 2.46 goals-against average, but his backup, Anton Khudobin, is winless with an 0-7-2 record.

Archived