The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Thu, 18 Dec 2014 Ducks @ Canadiens 7:30 PM RDS, CITYM, TSN 690 Radio

kinot-1

safe_image_zpsc7798744.png

IT'S SAKU KOIVU NIGHT

Koivu retired at the age of 39 years and 291 days, treasuring many wonderful memories of his years with the Canadiens: 792 regular-season games, 54 more in the playoffs, with 563 games as Habs captain (second in tenure only to the late Jean Béliveau), named the 27th captain in franchise history and the first European whose jersey had a C stitched above the CH.

He took 191 goals and 450 assists for the Canadiens out west in 2009 as a free agent, then played another 332 games for the Ducks, 26 more in the playoffs, scoring 64 times and adding 127 assists.

RUMOUR HAS IT THAT WE WILL HAVE A NEW MEMBER OF THE RING OF HONOUR

mtlkoivu_zpsdab91566.jpg

WHEN THE DUCKS

DuckFamily.jpg

COME TO TOWN TO PLAY OUR

HABSONFIRE_zps00588459.jpg

7:30 PM RDS, CITYM, TSN 690 RADIO

The numbers game: The Ducks have the best record in the NHL (21-7-5), but most of the team’s numbers are ordinary. They rank 11th in the NHL in goals scored and goals against, 17th on the penalty kill, and 18th on the power play.

Welcome back: This will be Rene Bourque’s first game since he was traded by the Canadiens to the Ducks for defenceman Bryan Allen. The change of scenery hasn’t resulted in increased production for the winger, who has one goal and three assists in 12 games with Anaheim.

THAT'S ALL YOU NEED TO KNOW

kinot-1's GDT Record 7-5-1

A good test against the League leader, whether the impact of lineup changes had really revitalized Habs :rolleyes: .

Oh, and I can't resist.....Welcome back Rene Bourque B) ! I'm rooting for a Habs win, but here's hoping you can score a goal or two (without affecting the final result :lol: ) to stick it to management for trading you away.

A good test against the League leader, whether the impact of lineup changes had really revitalized Habs :rolleyes: .

Oh, and I can't resist.....Welcome back Rene Bourque B) ! I'm rooting for a Habs win, but here's hoping you can score a goal or two (without affecting the final result :lol: ) to stick it to management for trading you away.

tumblr_m4jpejfk341rpn7e8o1_500.jpg

:ph34r:

Tweet from Stu Cowen:

Either Lars Eller or Eric Tangradi will be in lineup tonight vs Ducks

Dave Stubbs:

Saku Koivu tribute will begin at just about 7:30 pm ET.

Looking forward to this tribute. I have confidence the Habs will do it right. Well deserved IMO.

Archived