The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Islanders @ Canadiens 7:00 PM SN, TVA, MSG, TSN Radio 690

kinot-1

Doesn't make sense for us to fight there. We just took a lead, why risk swinging momentum? Bad decision from Prust. If you're sticking up for a teammate for a dirty hit, that's different, but this was a staged fight for no reason.

At the same time, without having numbers to support it, I think the supposed momentum shifts from fighting are overstated.

Dive from Halak

They'll talk about how he missed a check.

I can picture it now: "Subban wound for the shot, didn't hit anyone on the play, and all he did was score the goal, but he didn't hit anyone. I repeat, no hits for Subban on the play. He should really be more like Shea Weber, who hits people on every play he scores on."

At the same time, without having numbers to support it, I think the supposed momentum shifts from fighting are overstated.

I do not have the data to back it up, however I would strongly suspect that fighting is completely irrelevant at the NHL level. Zero impact either way. Now, fighters on the other hand, are almost universally deleterious to their own team, particularly if they take regular shifts.

Yeah, but probably doesn't help. We already have the momentum, so either it does nothing or it gets the Isles going if we get slaughtered in the fight.

Who tripped Subban there? :lol:

Yeah, but probably doesn't help. We already have the momentum, so either it does nothing or it gets the Isles going if we get slaughtered in the fight.

Yeah, it was truly just pointless. It would have been nicer to just continue pushing forward for a second goal instead of wasting 45 seconds.

Well we've already scored more goals on Halak than our average against him in our previous 4 games!

REALLY!? :lol: Our average was under 1? That's embarrassing.

Archived