The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Thu, 12 Feb 2015 Oilers @ Canadiens 7:30 PM EST RDS Sportsnet East & West TSN 690

habs_93

5vFRC77.jpg

OILERS (15-31-9) at CANADIENS (35-15-3)

TV: RDS, Sportsnet East, Sportsnet West
Radio: TSN 690 CKGM, AM 630 CHED

Canadiens Last 5: 3-2-0 (W3)
Oilers Last 5: 2-3-0 (L1)

Season series: Ben Scrivens made 29 saves for his seventh career shutout and Benoit Pouliot had a goal and an assist as the Edmonton Oilers won the first game against the Montreal Canadiens at Rexall Place. Nail Yakupov and Taylor Hall scored the other goals.

Oilers team scope: Several key players from that first game against Montreal are battling injuries. Hall (ankle) was placed on injured reserve Tuesday and could miss up to six weeks. Scrivens was unable to dress for a 3-2 loss to the New York Islanders because of a hamstring injury sustained late in a 2-1 win Monday against the New Jersey Devils. Viktor Fasth started and is likely to go again with Richard Bachman backing him up. Pouliot went on IR as well with a foot injury sustained Feb. 2 against the San Jose Sharks, the same night Hall was hurt, but he's eligible to be activated and was hopeful of playing Thursday. Forward Ryan Hamilton, who at 29 played in his 15th NHL game Tuesday, scored his first goal. Forward Iiro Pakarinen picked up his first NHL point with an assist on the power-play goal.

Leading Scorer: Jordan Eberle (15-21-36)
Ice Time Leader: Justin Schultz (21:52 ATOI)

Canadiens team scope: Goaltender Carey Price and forward Tomas Plekanec took maintenance days and didn't practice Wednesday, according to the Montreal Canadiens website. Manny Malhotra centered the line with Alex Galchenyuk and Brendan Gallagher in Plekanec's absence. Backup goalie Dustin Tokarski will start after Price made 23 saves in a 2-1 overtime win Tuesday against the Philadelphia Flyers. Price's 2.00 goals-against average and .933 save percentage lead the League. Tokarski started against the Oilers in Edmonton this season and made 16 saves on 18 shots. Forward PA Parenteau is making progress in his recovery from a concussion, coach Michel Therrien said, but he isn't ready to practice yet. The Canadiens have won three in a row to begin a stretch in which they play nine games in 15 days. "We have a busy calendar. I like it. It lets you move on quickly after a bad game," Galchenyuk said in comments tweeted by the team.

Leading Scorer: Max Pacioretty (21-21-45)
Ice Time Leader: P.K. Subban (25:43 ATOI)

All Time Record vs. Edmonton: 38-32-4-4 (.538 Point %)

Last Meeting:

27/10/14

MTL 0 - EDM 3

I just realized I used the same picture of Gallagher scoring on Dubnyk in the last Oilers game, too. It's been a while since there's been press photos of us scoring on Edmonton. Which is depressing. :P

Hopefully there will be 6 or 7 press photos of that after tonight :)

(although id settle for just 1 more pic than they have of scoring on us :P)

Don't like the sounds of Price needing to take a maintenance day. Makes me question even further why MT used him in both games of the recent BTB's.

Well whatever you want to call it, if you're going to give Price a game off then @ home against Edmonton (and coming off a few good team performances no less) is probably the time to do it. If nothing else it'll keep Tokarski sharp and in game shape.

Don't like the sounds of Price needing to take a maintenance day. Makes me question even further why MT used him in both games of the recent BTB's.

I think thats just the term they use. Ive heard them say "maintenance day" in reference to someone needing a day off for family reasons too - i think they were just saying that Price 'earned' a day off. Or it could be a simple as him getting a cold or something.

Merci 93..and Go Habs..win this one boys..as tough as it may be..y'all can do it!!

Not a chance. Edmonton is the worst team in the West. Habs don't stand a chance. It'll probably be worse than the 3-0 shutout loss they had last time. Canadiens simply don't seem to be able to rise to the occasion when playing awful teams. Points that should be in the bank slip away in embarrassing fashion.

I'm just glad Buffalo won't be in the playoffs.

Merci 93..and Go Habs..win this one boys..as tough as it may be..y'all can do it!!

It is cold down here in GA.....for us anyway.. :blink::ph34r:B)

Ya,,heard it's like 3C or 36F in Hotlanta.

Supposed to go down to -20C here tonight,,,, or -4F

Sorry.....it's still 73 here and we were running the AC most of the day.

Not a chance. Edmonton is the worst team in the West. Habs don't stand a chance. It'll probably be worse than the 3-0 shutout loss they had last time. Canadiens simply don't seem to be able to rise to the occasion when playing awful teams. Points that should be in the bank slip away in embarrassing fashion.

And neither will the Oil. NANANANA_zps25687ce4.gif

2-0 Isles 5 in.

What happens in Vegas stays.... :D

Archived