The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Thu, 5 Mar 2015 Canadiens @ Kings 10:30 PM RDS, SNE, NHL CENTER ICE, FS-W, TSN Radio 690

kinot-1

IT'S

safe_image_zpsc7798744.png

FOR ALL OF YOU NIGHTHAWK DIE-HARD FANS IN THE EAST

OUR

HABSLOGO_zps0a2d1ce2.jpg

VISIT THE

0astaplescenter.jpg

TO TAKE ON THE STANLEY CUP CHAMPION

los_angeles_kings_2000.gif

10:30 PM RDS, SNE, FS-W, TSN Radio 690

With only one goal in the last 120 minutes, it's becoming clear that the Habs scoring woes are still a major concern, which has sent coach Michel Therrien into a frenzy of line-mixing action. Whether or not we see the same lines tonight remains to be seen, but if history has taught us anything, we should probably be expecting a brand new configuration against the Kings.
Seeing as how Alex Galchenyuk scored against the Ducks, don't be surprised if he finds himself on the first line to start the game. Once the puck drops, all bets are off.
THE GOOD, WE'RE HEALTHY.
THE BAD,,,WE CAN'T SCORE.
THE UGLY,,,SEE ABOVE.
Season series: Goalie Carey Price made 44 saves to help the Montreal Canadiens defeat the Los Angeles Kings 6-2 on Dec. 12 at Bell Centre. P.K. Subban had a goal and two assists.
Canadiens team scope: Montreal has been outscored 7-1 so far on its West Coast trip; it lost 4-0 to the San Jose Sharks on Monday and 3-1 to the Anaheim Ducks on Wednesday. Alex Galchenyuk scored late in the third period against the Ducks to end the Canadiens' goal drought at 120:51; they had not scored since David Desharnais' empty-net goal with 2:32 left of a 4-0 win against the Toronto Maple Leafs on Saturday. Backup goalie Dustin Tokarski might start the second game of the back-to-back set. Price, who made 63 saves on 69 shots in the consecutive losses, has played 52 games, fourth most in the NHL. Montreal is three points ahead of the Tampa Bay Lightning for first place in the Atlantic Division.
Kings team scope: Los Angeles has won nine of 12 after defeating the Edmonton Oilers 5-2 on Tuesday to end a three-game skid. Forward Trevor Lewis had a career-high three points (two assists) playing on a line with Marian Gaborik and Anze Kopitar. "Playing with those two, it almost makes the game a little easier," Lewis said, according to the Los Angeles Times. "They're always there, and I just try to get in, get pucks to them and get to the net." Lewis likely earned himself another game on the top line, which combined for seven points in Edmonton. "We've been trying guys to get that line going and we were able to use him, left wing, right wing," coach Darryl Sutter said, according to the Times. "[Tuesday], we just said we were going to leave him with Kopitar and see what happens." The Kings play five of their next eight at Staples Center before closing March on a five-game road trip. Center Jeff Carter has three goals the past two games, six in the past eight.

Here’s a scary thought to ponder as your Montreal Canadiens prepare to face the defending Stanley Cup champions Thursday night:
What if they were in the Western Conference?
The Canadiens actually have a decent 11-10-2record against the other conference this season. But the wins were racked up before late-season intensity kicked in.
Put it this way: Sewage is getting real, and your Canadiens are up to their noses in it.
After one-sided losses by a cumulative score of 7-1 in San Jose and Anaheim, the Canadiens face the defending Stanley Cup champions Thursday night.
After one-sided losses by a cumulative score of 7-1 in San Jose and Anaheim, the Canadiens face the defending Stanley Cup champions Thursday night.
And if the Kings watch what the Sharks and Ducks did, it could be a long night at the Staples Center.
The California road trip has never been kind to the Habs, and this year is no different. After a terrible effort against the Sharks, Montreal did show more resilience against the Ducks, however they failed to find the back of the net until the dying minutes of the third period.
kinot-1's GDT Record 16-8-2

I'm guessing Tokes gets the start.

Yeah, looks like Price could use a day off.. tho' he'll rarely admit it.

I'm just assuming Tokes because it's a BTB and MT has only used Price once this year ( i believe ) in both games.

Obviously Price gives us the better odds of winning, but they have to take into consideration not burning him out.

The thing is,,,,,,, who has the best chance of winning,,,,Carey or Tokes? We have to come home with something out of these 4 games.

Flip it around the other way though: if Carey plays tonight & Tokes plays the Yotes we maybe have a better chance at 2 points - but we could also leave with zero points. Conversely, if Tokes plays today and then Price plays sat we have a better chance of at least 2 points.

Of course, I am a huge optimist so I believe we're going to get all 4 points in these two games despite who is in nets but then, ive had a lot of coffee already today & the sun is shining :)

Of course, I am a huge optimist so I believe we're going to get all 4 points in these two games despite who is in nets but then, ive had a lot of coffee already today & the sun is shining :)

It's really rainy here, but I've had my Tim's for the day. So I'll agree with the optimism. What better night than tonight to start turning it around?

Guest habs1952

Wait wait wait.... this game starts even later than the other ones? :blink:

Last night I fell asleep just as the second period was starting and woke up two hours later. I'm not sure if I can handle much more of this

LOL.....I fell asleep too but only because I was bored. I hope the Habs keep me awake tonight.

All West Coast games are too late for me on any given school night (until June, that is) so I've pleasantly missed the poor play and disappointing results.

Need to turn this ship around soon. Like, now. Tonight.

I don't know if my Friday can take another morning with a 'Habs lose' notification on my phone. At this point, I'll take a mercy point.

LOL.....I fell asleep too but only because I was bored. I hope the Habs keep me awake tonight.

The Habs...will have to play REALLY good to keep this old fella awake tonight...but hey...they are full of surprises. I might make it through one period and hope that the boys make it through all 3 with ..a WIN!! Go Habs! Go Boys!!! :D

Wait wait wait.... this game starts even later than the other ones? :blink:

Last night I fell asleep just as the second period was starting and woke up two hours later. I'm not sure if I can handle much more of this

You guys gonna wimp out again tonight? < don't make them like they used to <_< >

Weaver in, Gonchar out, but still no PAP...

Hurt again or coach's decision to bench an offensive player on a team that can't score?

Definitely doesnt make a lot of sense, but then neither does the fact that we have several players playing in positions of weakness vs. strength. Pacioretty - Galchenyuk - PAP would be something interesting to try once he comes back (not that it will happen) as we've seen be plays very well next to finesse playmakers in the past.

Archived