The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Canadiens @ Coyotes 7:00 PM TVA, CITY, FS-A PLUS, TSN Radio, 690.

kinot-1

safe_image_zpsc7798744.png

TONITE, OUR

HABSLOGO_zps0a2d1ce2.jpg

VISIT THE

GILA (Pronounced "Heela" ;) ) RIVER ARENA

TO GO COYOTE HUNTING

df29a72f.gif

7:00 PM TVA, CITY, FS-A PLUS, TSN Radio, 690.

Montreal's west coast trip continued Thurs night, with the Habs in Los Angeles where they faced the defending Stanley Cup champions, and lost in the skills competition. What happens in Phoenix is anyones guess, but to come home with only 1 Pt. out of 8, would be a disaster.
Expect Carey to get the start and Therrien's penchant for throwing names in the blender and hoping to come out with 4 credible lines, and 6 defensive pairings, certainly leaves us scratching our heads at times.
Enter Arizona. The Dogs beat Vancouver in a SO on Thurs., so they "should" be happy with that, but it doesn't help their tanking, and with some luck, they will lose tonight to help their cause for McDavid.
AZ, has 49 PTs. while the Habs have 88 PTs.
AZ goals for, 145, while the Habs have 175.
AZ has allowed a league worst 220 GA. Habs are the league best 146 GA.
Az is 1-9-0 in their last 10, while the Habs are 5-3-2, in their's.
Mike Smith with his 3.30 GAA, and his .895 SV%, should play.
Expect our Hart and Vezina candidate to be in net for the Habs.
kinot-1's GDT record 16-8-3

Lines at practice:

67-51-22

27-14-11

81-25-21

8-32-17

79-76

28-55

77-26

PAP, Malhotra, Weaver, and Emelin were the extras. Some speculation PAP is still concussed, but if that's the case, why is he still practicing? If this is his third time with concussion symptoms recurring in the past two months, he should be shut down for the year. It makes more sense to believe he's just being scratched, although it's unclear why.

So Gonchar and Carey back in, Weaver out.

Lines at practice:

67-51-22

27-14-11

81-25-21

8-32-17

79-76

28-55

77-26

PAP, Malhotra, Weaver, and Emelin were the extras. Some speculation PAP is still concussed, but if that's the case, why is he still practicing? If this is his third time with concussion symptoms recurring in the past two months, he should be shut down for the year. It makes more sense to believe he's just being scratched, although it's unclear why.

So Gonchar and Carey back in, Weaver out.

Actually these lines can work. As for the defensive pairings... after obtaining Petry as a top-four right defense, I still don't get why Beaulieu and Gonchar are once again paired together (two lefties) while Petry and Gilbert (two righties) represent the the second pairing. Granted it seemed to work for Petry-Gilbert. But Beaulieu and Gilbert worked well together as the second pairing before the deadline. I think, unfortunately, the fact that Emelin is injured and has fallen out of favor this season, gives Therrien the opportunity to play Gonchar the way he does. Frankly I do not see the true advantage Gonchar has brought to the team (he was supposedly acquired to help the power-play, which simply has not been the case). If Emelin can return to his pre-injury form and step-up his game to where it should be, I would rather see him playing over Gonchar... either with Gilbert or Petry. I don't think the likes of Gonchar and Weaver are what the Habs need at this point and, frankly, I'd rather have Pateryn and Tinordi/Allen as depth on the roster.

^^ In general, I can live with the lines on a short-term basis. I think the Plekanec and the Flynn lines are fine as they are, but with respect to the Desharnais line, I'd rather see PAP in the top 6 than Weise, who shouldn't be there as many games as he has been this year. I'd also prefer to have Eller at center than DLR. I don't understand why the rookie, as well as he's played, has jumped past Eller, who was doing well there. On face-offs, you have Eller at 54% success and you have DLR at 39%, which is abysmal. Like the righty-lefty situation on defence, it's just a poor coaching decision.

^^ In general, I can live with the lines on a short-term basis. I think the Plekanec and the Flynn lines are fine as they are, but with respect to the Desharnais line, I'd rather see PAP in the top 6 than Weise, who shouldn't be there as many games as he has been this year. I'd also prefer to have Eller at center than DLR. I don't understand why the rookie, as well as he's played, has jumped past Eller, who was doing well there. On face-offs, you have Eller at 54% success and you have DLR at 39%, which is abysmal. Like the righty-lefty situation on defence, it's just a poor coaching decision.

I can't fault what you are saying here... we both realize coaching has been questionable. In regards to Parenteau vs. Weise I agree also... its where Parenteau has to be to play his game I believe and Weise being bumped down can also work if Flynn (to me the least important player from the trade deadline acquired by MB) sits out... Prust-Mitchell-Weise is a valid line.

I can't fault what you are saying here... we both realize coaching has been questionable. In regards to Parenteau vs. Weise I agree also... its where Parenteau has to be to play his game I believe and Weise being bumped down can also work if Flynn (to me the least important player from the trade deadline acquired by MB) sits out... Prust-Mitchell-Weise is a valid line.

I would also sit Flynn first, along with Malhotra, and I agree that Prust-Mitchell-Weise is the way to go with the 4th line for now (although personally, I see value in having Bournival there if he's recalled). But the major point is that PAP needs to be in the top 6 to be as productive as he was in Long Island.

Guest archey

Well, you should be,,,, it's only 6 PM there. Only babies and old people go to bed that early. :D

I had 5 hours last night, 5 hours for the 4 days before that and I made like 40 trips up and down the stairs with the remodeling.

OH. And was using the 4 lb hammer and other nuts things. lol

Guest archey

Hello everyone, long time no see. I'm still crying on the inside over the Sekac trade :(

Hey.

Yeah it was soooooooooooome remodeling.

Archived