The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Sat, 14 Mar 2015 Canadiens @ Islanders 7:00 PM EST TVA City NBCSN TSN 690

habs_93

yp08kXL.jpg

CANADIENS (42-19-7) at ISLANDERS (43-23-4)

TV: TVA, City, NBC Sports Network
Radio: TSN 690 CKGM, WHRU 88.7 Hofstra University, LI News Radio 103.9 WRCN-FM

Canadiens Last 5: 1-2-2 (L2)
Islanders Last 5: 2-2-1 (L2)

Canadiens: 16.4% PP (25th), 84.8% PK (6th), 2.54 Goals/G (21st), 2.19 Goals Against/G (1st), 28.3 Shots/G (26th), 30.4 Shots Against/G (23rd), 48.6 5-on-5 Corsi for % (23rd), 48.9 5-on-5 Fenwick for % (21st)

Islanders: 18.3% PP (14th), 76.6% PK (29th), 3.04 Goals/G (3rd), 2.76 Goals Against/G (24th), 33.7 Shots/G (2nd), 27.9 Shots Against/G (6th), 53 5-on-5 Corsi for % (26th), 54.5 5-on-5 Fenwick for % (1st)

Season series: The Montreal Canadiens have defeated the New York Islanders twice, outscoring them 9-5. Montreal defenseman Andrei Markov has a goal and three assists, and forward Thomas Plekanec has two goals and two assists. New York forward Kyle Okposo has two goals and an assist, and linemate John Tavares has a goal and two assists.

Canadiens team scope: Montreal begins a three-game road trip that continues against the Tampa Bay Lightning on Monday and Florida Panthers on Tuesday. Goalie Carey Price, who gave up five goals in a 5-2 loss to the Ottawa Senators on Thursday, will start. Coach Michel Therrien said there will be lineup changes on the trip but didn't say what they would be. Montreal called up defenseman Greg Pateryn on from Hamilton of the American Hockey League on Friday. Defenseman Alexei Emelin (shoulder) hasn't played since Feb. 18 but could be activated on the trip. The Canadiens have lost five of their past six games. "Our schedule for the rest of the year, we've all looked at it and it's a tough schedule, but I think that's what we want going into the playoffs," forward Max Pacioretty told the Canadiens website. Pacioretty has six goals in his past 10 games.

Leading Scorer: Max Pacioretty (33-26-59)
Ice Time Leader: P.K. Subban (26:09)

Islanders team scope: New York had a chance to vault Montreal for first place in the Eastern Conference but lost to the Senators 2-1 on Friday. The Islanders can pass the Canadiens with a regulation win. "It's a tough [loss Friday] but [saturday] will be tough too," goalie Jaroslav Halak said. "That's a very big game and we have to be prepared for that." Halak, who started Friday, likely will back up Michal Neuvirth, who is 1-0-1 and has allowed six goals in two starts with the Islanders. New York has lost three straight home games and four of its past six. "It's good to have that next game," forward Brock Nelson said. "It's going to be a bounce-back game for us so we have to come ready to play." The Islanders are 8-4-0 in the second of back-to-back games.

Leading Scorer: John Tavares (33-39-72)
Ice Time Leader: Travis Hamonic (21:54)

All Time Record vs. New York Islanders: 83-50-15-8 (.606 Point %)

Last Meeting: 17/01/15

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V2uB373q9FE

NYI 4 - MTL 6

will be at a party celebrating Churchill and his cigars..lol....so someone can criticize MT until I get back ...lol.

We shall be outshot on the beaches, we shall be outshot on the landing grounds, we shall be outshot in the fields and in the streets, we shall be outshot in the hills; we shall never play Lars Eller at second line centre, and if, which I do not for a moment believe, David Desharnais were subjugated and starved of ice time with Max Pacioretty, then our Empire of goals against per game, armed and guarded by PDO, would carry on the struggle until Grit, with all its power and might, steps forth to the rescue and the liberation of the team concept.

Guest archey

If we're ready I'm ready. I haven't ridden Peppy in a while since damaging myself lifting a wood two car garage door when the spring broke.

We shall be outshot on the beaches, we shall be outshot on the landing grounds, we shall be outshot in the fields and in the streets, we shall be outshot in the hills; we shall never play Lars Eller at second line centre, and if, which I do not for a moment believe, David Desharnais were subjugated and starved of ice time with Max Pacioretty, then our Empire of goals against per game, armed and guarded by PDO, would carry on the struggle until Grit, with all its power and might, steps forth to the rescue and the liberation of the team concept.

Well done for the GDT, 93. And thank you Mr. Prime Minister for that eloquent rallying speech. :P

Where the heck did you find "Hofstra U?

Where the heck did you find "Hofstra U?

WRHU (typo in the GDT :ph34r:) is Hofstra's school station. Students are involved in the production and engineering of the broadcasts, as well as colour commentary and some reporting. It's kinda neat.

Halak not playing tonight, it's Neuvirth in for the Isles...

The Green Noodle has a .928 SV% against us all time with a 5-3-1 record.

Guest habs1952

:lol: :lol: :lol: Churchill for coach!!!

Guest archey

Duke's a good guy and loves Carey I'm sure.

What else I know about tonight is in the nil category feeling wise, heart wise, mind wise. lol

Guest archey

Will this be one of the many games where we should just turn off our TV's for the 1st???

I've never had a cat in a bag but start to let it out in the 1st? I'd go for that. :P

Archived