The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Mon, 16 Mar 2015 Canadiens @ Lightning 7:30 PM EST RDS Sportsnet East Sun Sports TSN 690

habs_93

CANADIENS (43-19-7) AT LIGHTNING (42-21-7)

TV: Sportsnet East, RDS, Sun Sports
Radio: TSN 690 CKGM, Newsradio 970 WFLA

Canadiens Last 5: 2-1-2 (W1)

Lightning Last 5: 3-1-1 (L1)

Season series: The Tampa Bay Lightning have defeated the Montreal Canadiens in all three games they've played this season by a combined score of 12-3. That includes a 1-0 overtime win at Montreal on March 10. The Lightning matched a season-high for goals in a 7-1 win at Amalie Arena on Oct. 13 in the Canadiens' only other visit this season. Steven Stamkos had a hat trick and 12 shots on goal that game. He's taken a combined 20 shots on goal in the three games against Montreal.

Canadiens team scope: Montreal practiced in Tampa on Sunday. The Canadiens and Lightning are separated by two points in the Atlantic Division standings, and the Canadiens have a game in hand. Forward Torrey Mitchell, who sustained an upper-body injury during the Canadiens' 3-1 road win against the New York Islanders on Saturday, did not practice. Mitchell left the game early in the first period and did not return. Coach Michel Therrien said Mitchell will not play against Tampa Bay, and that Brian Flynn will take his spot. Therrien also confirmed Carey Price will start in goal. Price made 35 saves in the win against the Islanders.

Lightning team scope: Tampa Bay is still without injured forwards Ondrej Palat (foot) and Cedric Paquette (lower body), as well as defenseman Braydon Coburn (lower body). All three have missed Tampa Bay's past two games, with Coburn expected to be out for most it not all of the rest of the regular season. The Lightning did not practice Sunday after losing 2-1 to the Winnipeg Jets on Saturday. Goalie Andrei Vasilevskiy made 27 saves in the loss. Vasilevskiy and Ben Bishop have each started three of the Lightning's past six games. Coach Jon Cooper did not announce who his starter for Monday will be following the team's game against Winnipeg.

Emelin in,,,Pateryn out.

Sort of expected. And although Id like to see Pateryn get some more playing time I think our top 5 are clearly Subban, Markov, Beaulieu, Petry and Gilbert so its going to be tough for other guys to crack that top 6.

Wow, when you look at this year's blueline compared with last we've made some big strides going into the post season, eh?

Sorry about not making a fancier one, guys. I was really busy this morning.

What's the saying? Oh, ya,,,,"No Excuses" :P;)

JK

The big question will be in tomorrows game. Does Price play BTB?? He didn't skate today which adds doubt that Tokes plays at all on this trip.

I would say that it depends on how much work he gets tonight, and how he feels after the game.

Sorry about not making a fancier one, guys. I was really busy this morning.

Done and done well. It's all good, '93.

I'm on March break and, with 100 minutes to gametime, quenching my thirst. We'll see if I can make it for the whole game.

Here's a drink raised to the Habs making me want to stay up for the whole thing. :P

Seriously, we need to knock Tampa down at least 1 peg or they're going to be in our heads like we are to Boston.

Going to miss a good chunk of this one. Hopefully coming home to some good news,,,,like,,,,we dominated, our PP worked, and Price was Priceless once again when called upon.

I can dream can't i?? :D

Going to miss a good chunk of this one. Hopefully coming home to some good news,,,,like,,,,we dominated, our PP worked, and Price was Priceless once again when called upon.

Just don't wake up on the other side of the bed. :P

I hate 7:30 starts.

This is becoming a habit with you. Kind of a Cavalier attitude, if you ask me. B)

The big question will be in tomorrows game. Does Price play BTB?? He didn't skate today which adds doubt that Tokes plays at all on this trip.

We need him for every game though that will he hard to do....we want him extra healthy for the playoffs...and you know how much we need him then.

Archived