The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Sat, 21 Mar 2015 Sharks @ Canadiens 7:00 PM EST TVA CBC NHL Network US CSN California TSN 690

habs_93

oBtk52a.jpg
SHARKS (35-28-8) at CANADIENS (45-20-7)

TV: TVA, CBC, CSN California, NHL Network US
Radio: TSN 690 CKGM, K-FOX 98.5 KUFX

Canadiens Last 5: 3-2-0 (W2)
Sharks Last 5: 3-2-0 (W1)

Canadiens: 15.9% PP (26th), 84.4% PK (7th), 2.57 Goals/G (21nd), 2.17 Goals Against/G (1st), 28.3 Shots/G (26th), 30.7 Shots Against/G (23rd), 48.5 5-on-5 Corsi for % (23rd), 48.9 5-on-5 Fenwick for % (21st)

Sharks: 21.6% PP (6th), 79.0% PK (25th), 2.76 Goals/G (15th), 2.73 Goals Against/G (22nd), 31.2 Shots/G (7th), 29.9 Shots Against/G (18th), 50.4 5-on-5 Corsi for % (17th), 50.0 5-on-5 Fenwick for % (19st)

Season series: San Jose Sharks goalie Alex Stalock made 20 saves in a 4-0 win against the Montreal Canadiens on March 2. The win ended San Jose's eight-game losing streak at SAP Center, as well as Montreal goalie Carey Price's team record 10-game road winning streak.

Sharks team scope: The Sharks are 1-1-0 so far on a seven-game road trip that continues at Bell Centre. With San Jose on the outside looking in for a berth in the Stanley Cup Playoffs, coach Todd McLellan decided that rest was a priority following the Sharks' 4-1 win against the Toronto Maple Leafs at Air Canada Centre on Thursday. Defenseman Marc-Edouard Vlasic went to Quebec City, where his jersey was retired by his junior team, the Quebec Remparts, on Friday night. "We did our work video-wise, our players will have an optional skate [Friday] and whoever wants to go out and clean out their legs and get their game in order will do that," McLellan told the San Jose Mercury News. "Players will rest, come back [saturday] and then it's back to work."

Leading Scorer: Joe Pavelski (34-31-65)
Ice Time Leader: Brent Burns (24:00)

Canadiens team scope: The Canadiens have been shut out by San Jose three straight times. Erik Cole scored Montreal's most recent goal against the Sharks on Dec. 1, 2011. Defenseman Jeff Petry practiced Friday after missing Montreal's 4-0 win against the Carolina Hurricanes on Thursday because of the flu. Right wing Devante Smith-Pelly is very familiar with playing against San Jose. Acquired from the Anaheim Ducks in a Feb. 24 trade for Jiří Sekáč, Smith-Pelly will face the Sharks for the seventh time this season. "They're a big, strong, fast team," said Smith-Pelly, who had two assists in five games against San Jose for Anaheim prior to the trade. "You look at the standings, and then you look at them on paper and how they play, I mean, the standings don't exactly indicate how good of a team they really are. They've got elite centermen and pretty good defensemen and a good goalie, so if we go into [saturday's] game looking at the standings and just figure, 'Well, they're not in the playoffs,' it won't be pretty. So as long as we don't take it lightly and come to play, I think we'll be OK."

Leading Scorer: Max Pacioretty (35-27-62)
Ice Time Leader: P.K. Subban (26:08)

All Time Record vs. San Jose: 14-11-4-2 (.548 Point %)

Last Meeting: 02/03/15

MTL 0 - SJS 4

Thanks for the GDT, 93,,,, much grass. :P

Are you sure about that? It's all Kinot's fault the team lost those games during the recent slump.

And you sure helped with your negativity <_<

raspberry_zpsdiabykae.gif

Well we have to blame him..I suppose..but MT is a better target! :D:D:D

Go Habs! Go Boys!

I see you're going to the Dark Side, SHF <_<

<takes numbers >

San Jose attempting to claw their way into a play-off position... Montreal being Montreal. I'm thinking loss tonight. But who knows? Maybe I will be pleasantly surprised.

Yeah. & our lack of offense, combined with our last goal scored against the Sharks being in 2011, leaves plenty to be nervous about.

10 games left. Now is the time to start playing like we can. Full 60 minutes. Strong start and no let up.

We haven't scored against San Jose since 2011!? :blink::wacko:

Yeah. Notice how the picture I used is of Max celebrating a goal? That's against the Leafs. I looked for a press photo of a Hab scoring on San Jose, and I got nothing. So I used a picture of Max, who was drafted with a San Jose Sharks pick. :P

Yeah. & our lack of offense, combined with our last goal scored against the Sharks being in 2011, leaves plenty to be nervous about.

10 games left. Now is the time to start playing like we can. Full 60 minutes. Strong start and no let up.

Yeah..I would love o see the boys start playing a full 60..for a change....now is the time to start..me thinks

Archived