The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Canadiens @ Jets 8:00 PM RDS, SNE, TSN Radio 690

kinot-1

IT'S

safe_image_zpsc7798744.png

WELCOME TO WINTERPEG, WHERE THE HABS WILL ATTEMPT TO COOL THE JETS OF THE JETS.

DRIVEFOR25_zps8b84c782.jpg

VISIT THOSE OTHER GUYS

wpg79.png

8:00 PM RDS, SNE, TSN Radio 690

THE JETS WILL BE ATTEMPTING TO SOLIDIFY THEIR HOLD ON THE WILD CARD SPOT IN THE WEST. WHILE WE TRY TO EXPAND OUR LEAD ATOP THE LEAGUE STANDINGS.

IMPORTANT STUFF

Tokarski has a 6-5-3 record this season with a 2.66 goals-against average and a .917 save percentage. The hottest goaltender going into this game is Ondrej Pavelec, who has the Jets thinking of their first playoff berth since the franchise moved to Winnipeg. Pavelec was the NHL’s first star last week and has won his last five starts, allowing only five goals in that stretch.

Coach Michel Therrien announced after practice Wednesday in Winnipeg that apart from Tokarski, he won’t be making any other changes to his lineup from the one he used in Nashville. P.A. Parenteau is fitting in nicely on the right wing with David Desharnais and Max Pacioretty. He picked up an assist on Desharnais’s goal Tuesday night and has four points in the seven games since he returned from a concussion. Brendan Gallagher scored his career-high 22nd goal and Pacioretty improved his league-best plus/minus rating to plus-41. The Jets are led by Andrew Ladd and Bryan Little with 24 goals each, while Blake Wheeler has 23.

Injury update: The Canadiens left defenceman Tom Gilbert at home. He was hit in the jaw by a puck last Saturday against San Jose, but coach Michel Therrien said there’s a possibility Gilbert could play against the Florida Panthers Saturday night at the Bell Centre. The Jets are missing some firepower. Little is day-to-day with an upper-body injury, while 18-goal scorer Mathieu Perreault is out with a lower-body injury. Dustin Byfuglien (upper-body injury) and Paul Postma (lower-body injury) are both day-to-day, while Ben Chiarot (broken hand) and Grant Clitsome (back surgery) are both on the injured-reserve list.

Weise homecoming: “There will be lots of family, lots of friends,” said Weise. “It’s gonna be pretty cool. There will be 20 (people) that I’m paying for, maybe 150 or 200 more. I know lots of people here.”

Heading the list is his father Miles, who passed his love for the Canadiens on to his son.

Coach Michel Therrien suggested that he might put Weise in the starting lineup to be introduced prior to the game.

Dustin Tokarski will start in goal in place of Carey Price and he’ll have family and friends driving seven hours from Saskatchewan to attend the game.

Here’s how the forward lines were set up at Wednesday’s practice in Winnipeg:

Pacioretty – Desharnais – Parenteau
Galchenyuk – Plekanec – Gallagher
De La Rose – Eller – Weise
Prust – Mitchell – Smith-Pelly

Refs are Tim Peel and Brad Watson

kinot-1's GDT Record 18-9-4

I'll go now :(

boxofshame.gif

With a win tonight and a loss to Boston we can clinch a playoff spot. Not that I'm too worried about making the playoffs at this point, but it would still be nice to get in with a big win and we'd be the first team this year to do it.

Hopefully we can build off our relatively stronger play from the last game :)

Not that I'm too worried about making the playoffs at this point, but it would still be nice to get in with a big win and we'd be the first team this year to do it.

I wonder when the last time was that we clinched first? the 80s? I think even when we've done well (first in the east etc) we havent been the first team to clinch in decades? (but i might be wrong :P)

With a win tonight and a loss to Boston we can clinch a playoff spot. Not that I'm too worried about making the playoffs at this point, but it would still be nice to get in with a big win and we'd be the first team this year to do it.

Hopefully we can build off our relatively stronger play from the last game :)

Not to rain on the parade but the Rangers and Lightning can clinch tonight as well. The Boston game is at 7, NYR and TBL at 7:30. If Boston loses and the Rangers and/or Lightning win, they'll clinch before our game is over meaning one of them would technically clinch first. :ph34r:

Here's our 3 clinching scenarios:

- Habs win & any Boston loss

- Habs OTL/SOL & regulation Boston loss

- Habs win in regulation or OT & Boston wins in shootout

If we (or the Rangers & Lightning for that matter) lose in regulation, we cannot clinch tonight.

Not to rain on the parade but the Rangers and Lightning can clinch tonight as well. The Boston game is at 7, NYR and TBL at 7:30. If Boston loses and the Rangers and/or Lightning win, they'll clinch before our game is over meaning one of them would technically clinch first. :ph34r:

Here's our 3 clinching scenarios:

- Habs win & any Boston loss

- Habs OTL/SOL & regulation Boston loss

- Habs win in regulation or OT & Boston wins in shootout

If we (or the Rangers & Lightning for that matter) lose in regulation, we cannot clinch tonight.

That's "really" fine-tuning it, FL. :blink:

robot_hand-1.gif

Nice.

I feel your pain. I was supposed to be off tomorrow but my employers postponed what was scheduled for tomorrow. Usually I'd be a good boy and go for a good sleep but with Zero Hour on the horizon, I decided to throw caution to the wind.

For once I'd have appreciated an 8:30 start.

Should be an interesting one .

1. When Weise gets fired up, it usually makes things "interesting" (see Boston games :D )

2. Jets are playing with the "bubble" . :ph34r:

3. Habs could clinch . B)

4..... PEEL ! :angry:

Archived