The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Lightning @ Canadiens. Monday, March 30th, 2015.

Clues

LIGHTNING (46-23-7) AT CANADIENS (47-21-8)

TV: SUN, RDS, SNE

mjqqth.jpg

Season series: The Tampa Bay Lightning are 4-0-0 against the Montreal Canadiens, including a 4-2 win at Amalie Arena on March 16. Lightning captain Steven Stamkos has five goals and six points. Canadiens forward Tomas Plekanec has a goal and two assists.

Lightning team scope: Tampa Bay, which leads the NHL with 242 goals, was shut out for the first time this season Saturday. Adding injuries to insult, the Lightning were down two players by the end of their 4-0 loss at the Detroit Red Wings. Defenseman Jason Garrison sustained an upper-body injury on a hit by Detroit forward Justin Abdelkader, and forward Cedric Paquette injured his left leg when he crashed into the goal post while trying to prevent the Red Wings' empty-net goal. Lightning general manager Steve Yzerman told the Tampa Bay Times that Garrison is being evaluated by doctors in Tampa and will not make the trip and Paquette is day-to-day. Defenseman Victor Hedman has six points in Tampa Bay's four games against the Canadiens, who lead the Atlantic Division with 102 points, three ahead of the second-place Lightning.

Canadiens team scope: Goalie Carey Price was not among the 12 players who took the ice for practice on Sunday. Price was upended in a collision with Canadiens defenseman P.K. Subban late in the third period of a 3-2 overtime win against the Florida Panthers on Saturday. Price did not speak to reporters following the game, but coach Michel Therrien said Saturday that he had no concerns about Price. Defenseman Jeff Petry didn't see the collision and got a bit of a jolt when he saw Price lying on the ice. "You kind of hold your breath but he finished the game and I think he should be ready for [Monday]," Petry said. Montreal, which clinched a berth in the Stanley Cup Playoffs on Saturday, has an opportunity to distance itself from Tampa Bay in the race for the Atlantic Division title. "You always want to play the best, and we feel like at this point of the year it's the type of game we want to be in," defenseman Nathan Beaulieu said after practice Sunday. "It's going to be a playoff-style of game and they're playing good hockey and so are we, so it should be a fun one and we're excited for it."

Guest archey

I heard that examinations for Habs fans will take place at the usual place and times. Bandwagon jumpers should be prepared for the usual questions...

And I didn't need a Ouija board to tell me I don't know half the answers myself. :lol: :lol:

I heard that examinations for Habs fans will take place at the usual place and times. Bandwagon jumpers should be prepared for the usual questions...

And I didn't need a Ouija board to tell me I don't know half the answers myself. :lol: :lol:

Ouija boards are evil. razz_zpsssvzrdf3.gif

Guest archey

I know that the regular season is out the window once the playoffs begin, but I think this is a very important game that will show whether the Habs are ready for all opponents, or will just fold against the "wrong" team.

Ok. Glad to know that midst the periodontal surgery I had this morning. I'm looking forward to have someone think for me. So thanks and everything you have to say tonight will be like a bouquet of ........well what ever it is... :P :P

Ok. Glad to know that midst the periodontal surgery I had this morning. I'm looking forward to have someone think for me. So thanks and everything you have to say tonight will be like a bouquet of ........well what ever it is... :P :P

Sure, no problem. All you need to know is this:

1. Ouija boards are evil.

2. I blame kinot.

OK..let's show them boys! Go and ..well the playoffs are around the corner..a new season....with a great goalie and ...well y'all can be abrupt team alongside of him. Nuff of the pep talk..go!

How many fingers do...well...does..kinot have??? :D

Guest archey

OK..let's show them boys! Go and ..well the playoffs are around the corner..a new season....with a great goalie and ...well y'all can be abrupt team alongside of him. Nuff of the pep talk..go!

The skillful number as associated with.........I think Michaelangelo did this better than I ever could.

I thought the power play looked interestingly more creative last game, and the results were exceptional. Perhaps they have turned the corner. Of course, it probably won't matter with these refs and these "squeaky-clean" players from Tampa.

Archived