The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Sun, 5 Apr 2015 Canadiens @ Panthers 5:00 PM EST RDS Sportsnet FS-Florida TSN 690

habs_93

t9vHguY.png

CANADIENS (47-22-10) at PANTHERS (36-28-15)

TV: RDS, Sportsnet, FOX Sports Florida
Radio: TSN 690 CKGM, Sportsradio 560 WQAM

Canadiens Last 5: 1-2-2 (OT2)
Panthers Last 5: 2-2-1 (L1)

Canadiens: 16.6% PP (23rd), 83.1% PK (10th), 2.57 Goals/G (23nd), 2.24 Goals Against/G (1st), 28.4 Shots/G (26th), 30.3 Shots Against/G (23rd), 48.3 5-on-5 Corsi for % (23rd), 48.7 5-on-5 Fenwick for % (21st)

Panthers: 16.7% PP (27th), 79.8% PK (23rd), 2.40 Goals/G (25th), 2.60 Goals Against/G (14th), 30.8 Shots/G (12th), 29.5 Shots Against/G (14th), 51.2 5-on-5 Corsi for % (14th), 51.0 5-on-5 Fenwick for % (15th)

Season series: The Montreal Canadiens have won three of four games against the Florida Panthers. The Canadiens won the most recent game when Max Pacioretty scored in overtime March 28.

Canadiens team scope: Montreal is wrapping up its two-game road trip that began with a 3-2 shootout loss at the New Jersey Devils on Friday. The Canadiens hope to get their power play going after a 1-for-6 performance in New Jersey. "I don't know if we're worried, but last year [the power play] was a factor against (the) Tampa (Bay Lightning), and it was an even bigger factor against (the) Boston (Bruins), and we have to figure it out," defenseman P.K. Subban said Saturday, according to the Montreal Gazette. Goalie Carey Price is expected to play after Dustin Tokarski made a rare start Friday.

Leading Scorer: Max Pacioretty (37-30-67)
Ice Time Leader: P.K. Subban (26:10)

Panthers team scope: It's the second of a season-ending five-game homestand for Florida, which was eliminated from contention for the Stanley Cup Playoffs with a 4-0 loss against the Lightning on Saturday. "It (stinks)," defenseman Erik Gudbranson said. "There's no real words to describe how bad you feel to end a season like that. You came so close. Guys worked so hard. We put together a group of guys that really enjoyed being around each other and really came to play for each other every single night. It's really frustrating. To play, what, 79 games now and it's difficult. It's not fun to be in a position like this when you're so close." With the Panthers officially eliminated, goalie Dan Ellis likely will start.

Leading Scorer: Jonathan Huberdeau (13-38-51)
Ice Time Leader: Brian Campbell (23:13)

All Time Record vs. Florida: 39-33-6-4 (.537 Point %)

Last Meeting: 28/03/15

FLA 2 - MTL 3

Guest archey

I feel for these guys.

My problem is that if I'm going to rope like Carey did or does how do I look at Petry from now on? His shot seems so industrial compared to country shots that PK and Markov have. I'm not even a big fan of country music, but I give full effort when jamming with guys who do, and Kinot posts some awesome country from time to time. :lol:

I think Ellis was on a Bulldogs contract, not a Habs contract?

"On June 29, 2010, his negotiation rights, along with Dustin Boyd were traded to the Montreal Canadiens for Sergei Kostitsyn and future considerations. Without a deal in place before July 1, 2010, Ellis became an unrestricted free agent."

Interesting.

Archived