• Habs win by 2
    • Habs will crush Sens by 3 or more

GAME #1

OUR MAN

NHLAllStarGamePortraits9H3J8_VYU_wl.jpg

VS

BURGER3.gif

Let the second season begin

The boys will be looking to avenge the last time we met in the playoffs.

The Sens are hot, our PP sucks and Max is a likely scratch,, but we have our secret weapon,,

PRICE

Lots of questions still to answer.

What special playoff pregame do the Habs have planned?

Who will Mr. Bettman assign to try and stop us?

Will the Sens put a bounty on Price's head?

Will Eller emerge as a playoff beast?

Stay tuned

An update re kinot/John=he has had a set back and it will be several more days before he is home. He requests that someone please continue predictions for him. Direct quote from John "I WILL BE BACK ASAP".

Thanks everyone

from John's next of kin

An update re kinot/John=he has had a set back and it will be several more days before he is home. He requests that someone please continue predictions for him. Direct quote from John "I WILL BE BACK ASAP".

Thanks everyone

from John's next of kin

Thanks for the update. Hopefully everything turns out for the best soon.

What special playoff pregame do the Habs have planned?

I get the feeling it will look very much like last year's projection on the ice.....which was really cool, actually.

Who will Mr. Bettman assign to try and stop us?

Out of a virtual smorgasbord of goons available on the Sens' roster, it will just be the "goon du jour."

Will the Sens put a bounty on Price's head?

That probably happened several days ago, when Ottawa first learned they were playing the Habs in Round One. They're evil.

Will Eller emerge as a playoff beast?

Yes, as long as he stays healthy.

Actually, my biggest concern is stupid penalties, which could be the Habs' undoing :unsure: .

We know the Sens are going to hit hard to wear the boys down. It's physical rough play all the way. Hence, it's easy to goad our players to retaliate and lose emotional control over their play. Sadly, I can almost feel our players falling for it. And the referees are going to have a field day.

Nothing hurts more than being down 3 on 5, especially in OT. Or cancel out any PP advantage, not that our PP is on fire anyway.

Hey, all I keep hearing is we cannot score goals, we are the worst of the 16 teams and we are

However we allow the fewest goals of any team in the playoffs

We also have the 5th best goals for/goals against ratio.

Everybody is right we don't score a lot of goals but when your goaltender has a save% under 2 you don't need to score a lot of goals:)

I say we beat Ottawa in 5, after we win the first 3 they go to Anderson n game 4 and we lose, we go back to Montreal and flood gates open on Anderson and Hamburgler game 5...

Guest Regis2

FWIW, One of local TV stations noted that Hammonds' #'s have been just as good as Price's since he came up this year.

Not saying he's better than Price , but his stats are up there .

Anyone know who the refs are for tonight?

Thanks everyone

from John's next of kin

We're all thinking about him and missing him here. Can't wait to see him back here. :)

Goals go down in the play-offs , so I'm not worried about a lacking offensive ( I see the games ending 2-1 (or so) for most of the series actually).

Hammond might be good , but so is Price , so that part "might" cancel itself out

Offence ... Ottawa is obviously better at scoring goals

Defence ... Montreal is better than Ottawa

so "maybe" a tie in net (but I see Price ahead there) & offence /defence split = game REALLY CLOSE (with slight edge to the Habs)

( saw on TSN a little story bit , about how Montreal has the most expensive blue line in the NHL.... the "ONLY" team to spend over $30mill... combine that with Price #1 & we "should" be good to go B).

Thats the game day thread? no projected line ups nothing else?? its the playoffs man common lets put some effort in these!!

i dont wanna be mean but its game 1 of the playoffs i feel the thread is weak... compared to some ive seen over the regular season..

Thats the game day thread? no projected line ups nothing else?? its the playoffs man common lets put some effort in these!!

i dont wanna be mean but its game 1 of the playoffs i feel the thread is weak... compared to some ive seen over the regular season..

Sorry to disappoint you. Nobody stepped forward to volunteer to put one together.

Here's the sign up thread....

http://fans.canadiens.nhl.com/community/topic/28322-2014-2015-gameday-threads-calendar/

And the game preview for those not wanting to look it up....

http://www.nhl.com/gamecenter/en/preview?id=2014030111

I thought it was all we needed. It's

Price vs. Hamburger1_zpskactjdeg.jpg

Beyond that, it's:

MONTREAL OTTAWA

Galchenyuk Goon

Plekanec Goon

Gallagher Goon

Desharnais Goon

Parenteau Goon

Bournival Goon

Eller Goon

Mitchell Goon

Weise Goon

Subban Goon

Markov Goon

Petry Goon

Emelin Goon

......etc. etc.

We were top 5 for 5on5 goals for/against ratio .... Ottawa 10th. The only 4 teams better than us are NY Rangers (1st), Tampa Bay, Nashville and Chicago. Chicago was 1.19 we were 1.18 ... so essentially tied for 4th. We stay out the box, get some power plays ... we win the series.

Archived