Game 2

Friday, 17 April 2015 7:00 PM EST

Our Habs

enONeEo.gif?1

Think

IzNSc4R.png

Previous results:

OTT 3 - MTL 4

Is it right to mock the Senators? I mean, they're such a ponderously easy target. Just look at this:

Oh, man, that's bad. That's so, so bad. Usually bad stuff has one or two good things about it, but that… that's severely bad. And the Senators have basically been twenty years of stuff like that, non-stop. Remember this guy?

aifo78X.jpg

Ah, classic Senators. Daigle, incidentally, once got kicked off of a commercial flight due to an incident involving our favourite Vice President of Player Personnel and Director of Amateur Scouting, Trevor Timmins. He apparently pointed at Timmins' laptop and said "watch out for your bomb", which was promptly overheard by a flight attendant. Oops. Those Senators, always classy.

Let's talk about the people from Ottawa. Maybe that'll be better. Did you know Tom Green is from Ottawa? Yeah. Hip town, alright. So is Matthew Perry, who played Chandler, the most annoying character on Friends. Now the most popular resident of Ottawa is anyone who offers to drive you out of Ottawa Andrew Hammond, "The Hamburglar". You remember the Hamburglar, right? He's that character McDonalds used to sell bad food to children almost two decades ago. The Grimace was way better.

Then again, Tom Green and the Hamburglar are perfect representations of the Ottawa Senators: They're played, stale, the uncool kind of obscure, and mostly tasteless.

Game 1 was nerve-wracking stuff. Can the Habs tighten up their game and play with more resolve?

GO HABS GO!

First time i've seen that intro. Did they actually do that??? OMG. :lol: :lol: :lol:

I thought the guy was going to lose that oversize helmet a few times. Too funny.

Senators head coach Dave Cameron said that whether Mark Stone plays Friday night will be a game-time decision. Stone joined his teammates during practice Friday morning at the Bell Centre, but he was only on the ice briefly and was only shooting lightly. Afterward he was seen with ice on his right wrist.

After practice Cameron said that if Stone said he could play and if there was no possibility of further injury then Stone would likely be in Game 2. Cameron said he was not sure who would come in if Stone can’t play, but he did allow that veteran winger and enforcer Chris Neil might get into the game even if Stone plays.

No poll for this game?

The stakes are high for this game. Win and the Habs have one foot in the next round. Lose and it becomes a long,hard grind to and fro.

My biggest worry is after Game 1, the Habs think they got the monkey off their back and become complacent. That means not having the same intensity from the get-go. The Sens will come out charging because they don't want to be in the hole we all dreaded before the series started. They are desperate and a desperate team plays like hell. So the game is ours to lose, and I really hope the players don't blow this.

Two factors are going to determine whether the Habs win this:

1. Penalties - for all the mouthing to the media about discipline, the players hardly walk the talk (here's looking at you, Subban and Eller). Play-off emotions is not an excuse. Let's face it, Sens' PP is better than Habs' and for all the euphoria of Game 1, it really was a close shave. The scoreline reflected that and a huge part can be attributed to the PP goals conceded when trying to kill penalties. The refs are hardly going to do the Habs any favours, so it's on the players not to lose this game because of penalties.

2. Driving to the Net - that was how Mitchell and Flynn scored their goals. Don't let Gallagher be the lone ranger. Good things happen when players drive to the net. That's how you beat the Hamburglar. If you don't drive to the net, you don't win. Simple!

Let's do this, boys and put the Sens in a 2-0 hole. The less games played against a physical, bruising team, the better.

The game is yours to lose.

OMG, that Senator/Gladiator video always makes me laugh. I think one of the funniest parts is the already-embarrassed look on the players' faces as he walks by them on his way to the ice.

Well, here we come.....Game 2. After being reminded once again how dirty, filthy, cheap, underhanded, and fake that garbage team really is, I so want to be wrong about my prediction that the Habs go out in the first round. If they somehow avoid being called for penalties (which could be impossible given the state of these NHL refs), they could just ride the momentum of scoring goals on that AHL reject burger-flippin' rookie. They were actually ready to do that, but after those two goal in fifteen seconds, we all know what happened.

Still gotta be physical, just gotta be clean. And would SOMEONE please hit Karlsson? Like, every time he touches the puck? Even moderate finish-your-check hits would add up and take their toll on that long-haired freaky puke.

Gotta protect Price in this one. I heard all the Senators ran drills of sliding feet-first at their last practice.

Man, I really hate that group of losers. Is it too much to ask for a series sweep?

FWIW Colin Campbell contacted both teams today to advise them that the league expects discipline in this game and that the refs were instructed to be watchful (Just mentioned on RDS)

....and then immediately afterwards, Bettman called Ottawa and assured them the "alternate" rule book will still be in play: they will get all the power plays and be able to get away with murder, but reminded them that the refs can't actually put the puck in the net for them.

Both Max and Stone are taking the warmup

Stone going to play.....it's a miracle! Just yesterday, he needed surgery for a fracture and a torn ligament, plus a brain transplant, and now he's ready to play. Guess they decided to skip the brain transplant and instead use water bottles with openings at both ends.

Stone going to play.....it's a miracle! Just yesterday, he needed surgery for a fracture and a torn ligament, plus a brain transplant, and now he's ready to play. Guess they decided to skip the brain transplant and instead use water bottles with openings at both ends.

He's alive..he's alive!

Archived