Sun, 19 Apr 2015 Canadiens @ Senators 7:00 PM CBC, NBCSN, TVA,TSN Radio 690

kinot-1

safe_image_zpsc7798744.png

GAME THREE

HABS

DRIVEFOR25_zps8b84c782.jpg

AT THE SENS

untitled_zpse87ybq4i.png

EVERYONE HATES ME, CAMERON'S PRESSER TODAY.

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/cameron-quebec-hates-me-good-to-be-home/?row=0&row_ids=1617477

The Canadiens held an optional skate Saturday afternoon in Brossard before heading to Ottawa by train with a 2-0 lead in their best-of-seven Eastern Conference quarterfinal series with the Senators.

Among the players who didn’t take part were Carey Price, P.K. Subban, Brendan Gallagher and Alex Galchenyuk. Goaltender Joey MacDonald, who was called up from the AHL’s Hamilton Bulldogs before the playoffs, took Price’s spot as the second goalie along with regular backup Dustin Tokarski.

P.A. Parenteau, who missed Game 2 with an upper-body injury, took part in the skate but his status for Game 3 remains uncertain.

The Senators also held an optional skate in Ottawa on Saturday and coach Dave Cameron told reporters “he hasn’t decided yet” on whether to make a goaltending change for Sunday’s Game 3. Cameron could stick with Andrew Hammond or switch to Craig Anderson.

“What gives me the best chance to win,” Cameron told reporters in Ottawa when asked about what goes into the decision. “It’s as simple as that.”

Oh,,,and

hamburger_zpsmqye9pay.gif

kinot-1's GDT Playoff Record, 0-0

Up a tad early, but I have stuff to do :ph34r:

As per my Habs-barometer, I'm certain now the Habs are through to Round 2 :) . Barring a disastrous meltdown, I can't imagine the Sens winning 4 games out of 5. It's just a question of how many games.

But I fear Sens will take at least one of these 2 home games :wacko: . While not predicting a sweep, the Habs will do themselves a BIG favour by winning at least one game at the CTC. Against a rough, physical team, you want to end the series as quickly as possible and minimize injuries.

The KEY factor for me: Can the Habs maintain the same intensity for 60 mins, after two physically draining games? Something's got to give in tight 1 goal games. Sens have responded to Habs by tighter man-marking, closing down the centre lane and screening Carey Price.

To win, Habs have to do the same 2 things: (a) avoid dumb penalties; (B) drive to the net.

Pity the CTC has restricted ticket sales, so Habs fans can't make the trip to flood the arena in droves ;) . Full home ice advantage to the Sens and let's see what they can do with it.

Pity the CTC has restricted ticket sales, so Habs fans can't make the trip to flood the arena in droves ;) . Full home ice advantage to the Sens and let's see what they can do with it.

Tickets on the secondary market are not subject to that restriction and are cheaper than the Bell Centre box office. There's no such thing as full home ice advantage for the Sens, half the Ottawa/Gatineau region are Habs fans anyway.

As per my Habs-barometer, I'm certain now the Habs are through to Round 2 :) . Barring a disastrous meltdown, I can't imagine the Sens winning 4 games out of 5. It's just a question of how many games.

Oh, yeah, a meltdown.......Habs have never done that before.

Pivotal game, folks. I would like nothing more than a 3-0 series lead, but the boys are going to have to play a 60 minute game AND get the first goal tonight. There is nothing more unpredictable than desperation hockey. The Sens have been the kings of desperation hockey this year. GO HABS GO!!!

Anderson has made just four appearances since injuring his right hand on Jan. 21 — allowing 14 goals in those starts and losing three of them.

It will be Neil’s first game since Feb. 14, when he broke his left thumb in a fight.

IMO, Cameron has backed himself into a corner. If Anderson loses tonight,,,who does Cameron go with in game 4?

Well',,,i don't know about us getting off to a good start. Haven't seen much of that in the 1st period all year. Survive the 1st seems to be our battle cry.

Anderson has made just four appearances since injuring his right hand on Jan. 21 — allowing 14 goals in those starts and losing three of them.
It will be Neil’s first game since Feb. 14, when he broke his left thumb in a fight.
IMO, Cameron has backed himself into a corner. If Anderson loses tonight,,,who does Cameron go with in game 4?

razz_zpsssvzrdf3.gif

Then doncha think it's about time we did? :P

razz_zpsssvzrdf3.gif

You were gone for a while, so I'm making up for lost time.

Archived