The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Series Thread Montreal vs Tampa Bay

Bring it on!

Can't wait to trash this thread. Don't wanna hear about Ottawa again until the next election. Heck,,,,,,don't even want to hear about it then.

One thing's for sure, we'll need to make major adjustments to win another series. It starts with line combos: Desharnais needs to be out of the top 6, he was a defensive liability all series, and he certainly can't play with Galchenyuk... that combo doesn't work at all. it's high time we see Eller in the top 6. I also wonder if the Emelin-Petry duo needs to be split up. I'd actually consider going with Emelin-Subban and Markov-Petry. Both Emelin and Markov are struggling, so we need a change there. Maybe some rest will be enough, but I'm not sure the left side of our D is holding up all that well.

Pulling for Detroit to win out here, regardless of whether if it's in 6 or 7. If we can't beat Anderson all that often, Bishop could be a problem too. Also a big goalie. I'd rather get the rookie (Mrazek) and rattle him like we did Hammond.

Hmmmmm. I wonder what this big red button does? :P

Just being practical. If the Wings series is done tonight,,, then the next round "should" begin on Wed./Thurs. If it ends on Wed. Then Fri. should be the start of the next round.

Sorry,,,, you lose, htl. :mellow:

Going to need more scoring if we want to go any further. Bolts or Redwings, it doesnt matter. We can't expect every goal to bounce in off someone or Price getting a shut out every game ;)

Of the two I like our chances against the Redwings better then i do the Lightning.

edit: If we end up with the lightning and knock them out it would be HUGE boost to the teams confidence going forward (as i expect them to knock the next team off in short succsion)

IMO the following players need to improve their play and show more leadership than what was displayed in the Ottawa series:

Markov, Plekanec, Pacioretty, & Subban. It really appears that Pacman is not truly 100% recovered. Subban has shown skill but he has to remain disciplined on puck moving/possession decisions and on refraining from taking any major penalties. Markov needs to know his limitations and use his intelligent play to overcome his lack of mobility. Would be nice to see Plekanec cycle more, drive to net when it counts, and hide/disguise his shot release.

My only other concern on players individual play is Desharnais' effectiveness. I would also like to see his role reduced significantly for this round (second line PP, being used on 4 on 4 situations when the opposition is using speed, limited role on 3rd line for 5 on 5s). He can be slippery at times but overall he is usually muscled off the puck in close checking games...

I would like to see Jacob De La Rose park himself in front of the netminder more when his line has possession

I agree with Big Ted's defensive changes

Going to need more scoring if we want to go any further. Bolts or Redwings, it doesnt matter. We can't expect every goal to bounce in off someone or Price getting a shut out every game ;)

Of the two I like our chances against the Redwings better then i do the Lightning.

edit: If we end up with the lightning and knock them out it would be HUGE boost to the teams confidence going forward (as i expect them to knock the next team off in short succsion)

Seems like a very reasonable request from the boys (more goals). It just happens we equaled a Hab record for least amount of goals scored in a playoff round of 6 games or more. A grand total of 12.

Archived