The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Canadiens @ Lightning 7:30 pm CBC, TVA, NHL.com, Radio 690

kinot-1

IT'S

safe_image_zpsc7798744.png

THIS IS WHAT HAPPENED ON SATURDAY NIGHT.

P_A__Parenteau_recap_o4kez2zq_jn0o2x5w_z

images_zpsb3br3ud4.jpg

AT THE AMALIE (ISN'T THAT A GIRLS NAME?) ARENA IN SWAMPLAND FLORIDA.

Both teams practised Monday at the Lightning’s facility in suburban Brandon, Fla., because Amalie Arena was booked for a Bette Midler concert.

“(The Lightning) have all the pressure, definitely,” Therrien told reporters in Tampa after practice. “We were in the same position in the first round (against Ottawa). We had a 3-0 lead in the series and they took us to six games. The fourth game is always the hardest to win.”

Tampa Bay coach Jon Cooper said that the final outcome of the series will reveal which team faced the most pressure.

“Whoever ends up losing the game is the team that had the most pressure and couldn’t get through it,” Cooper said. “Let’s be honest, that’s what it is. If you don’t read a newspaper and you don’t watch TV, you wouldn’t really know anything other than we’re playing the Montreal Canadiens tomorrow. That’s kind of how I’m looking at it.

Cooper added that the Lightning will be an angry team heading into Game 6.

The Canadiens aren’t expected to make any lineup changes, meaning Nathan Beaulieu will be back on the blue line and Greg Pateryn will be a healthy scratch again.

“(The Lightning) have all the pressure, definitely,” Therrien told reporters in Tampa after practice. “We were in the same position in the first round (against Ottawa). We had a 3-0 lead in the series and they took us to six games. The fourth game is always the hardest to win.”

No one but probably Canadiens players and coaches gave the Habs a chance of being back here for a sixth game, the first time in franchise history the club has gone to six after having been down 3-0 in a best-of-seven.

Any weight bearing down on the Canadiens’ Carey Price is dismissed with a shrug, his galactic play celebrated — if not intentionally, then hilariously — by a fan dressed like an astronaut who has taken an Amalie Arena seat just behind the glass at the end of the Montreal bench.

Price might have seen weirder things in hockey arenas, but the spaceman is an original. And as to why Price laughed at this NASA knock-off only once at the bench during a timeout?

“He didn’t do anything funny the first time,” Price said dryly. “But when he did the chicken wing, that was funny.”

The Canadiens will hold a viewing party at the Bell Centre for Tuesday’s Game 6 in Tampa with fans invited to watch the game on the arena’s giant screens. Tickets cost $10 and go on sale at noon Monday at evenko.ca or canadiens.com or by calling 1-855-310-2525. A portion of all the money raised will be donated to the Montreal Canadiens Children’s Foundation.

Don't blame me kinot-1's GDT Record, 3-1

Ryan Callahan out after undergoing an emergency appendectomy.

Did they blame Pk for that? :rolleyes:

I guess he won't be playing in game 7 either. ;)

Evidently, he's playing for 2 teams in the POs.

From TSN:

"Tampa Bay Lightning forward Ryan Callahan had emergency appendectomy surgery on Monday night and the team says his return is undetermined at this point.

The 30-year-old from Rochester, New York has three assists in 12 playoff games for the Rangers so far this spring."

Interesting. I know you live and die by players like Stamkos, Johnson and Bishop but Callaghan is clearly one of the off ice leaders. If its a close game they will miss him in the room between periods.

In every game during its Second Round series, the Tampa Bay Lightning have been outshot by the Montreal Canadiens.

The Habs, in fact, are averaging 9.2 more shots per game than the Lightning.

This recent trend is a relatively new development for a Bolts team that registered more shots on goal than the opposition in 45 of 82 regular season games and five of seven contests in the First Round series versus Detroit.

Recovery time is weeks, so he won't be available in game 7 either, unless he's some kind of superhuman.

I think if the Habs score first that Tampa will panic and make a lot of careless mistakes that we should be able to capitalize on

Go Habs Go!

From EOTP, things that make you go,,,, "Huh".

"The Tampa Bay Lightning are attempting to restrict ticket sales to those with a credit card billed to a Florida address. The problem with this, like what the Senators experienced last round, is that there are a ton of fans of the Montreal Canadiens living in Florida.

According to the Lightning's executive vice president of communications, Bill Wickett, Tampa Bay season ticket holders were "uncomfortable" sitting next to fans of opposing teams.

To add to the Lightning's odd policies, they've also banned Canadiens jerseys in certain sections of Amalie Arena, giving out shirts of a 'neutral colour' to wear instead. It's not explicitly stated what would happen if a Canadiens fan insisted on wearing their jersey, but the insinuation is they would be removed from the arena."

Seems that it's ok for Habs fans to fill the arena during the regular season, but not come playoff time.

Bold is mine.

Valiant comeback attempt by the Habs, but MMW - the series closes tonight. Don't believe, just watch.

I think tampa will be tight in front of the home crowd. this could go either way I hope the habs can find that killer instinct!

I think if the Habs score first that Tampa will panic and make a lot of careless mistakes that we should be able to capitalize on

Go Habs Go!

At this point it can still go either way. A bad bounce or 2 and either team could really capitalize. I think Tampa is going to be the more nervous of the 2 teams but that can change in the hurry with a goal one way or the other. In games 4 and 5 I felt like Montreal would (and did) come out loose because the odds were stacked so far against them but now that there's an actual fighting chance? I think montreal will tighten up a bit (but not as badly as TB).

I genuinely feel its going to be 50/50 at this point. But the nice thing is that we have Price and they dont. :)

Bryan Burns tweet re Callahan:

"Cooper said it's extremely doubtful Callahan will play tonight but wouldn't completely rule it out, citing Callahan's toughness."

Say what???????

Its just Cooper being Coooper. He's awesome at throwing out soundbytes to deceive and confuse. No way Callaghan plays tonight...unless it wasnt actually an appendectomy or something.

GO HABS GO!!! This is the toughest game, if the team continues to play the way they have been they will win this. No matter how frustrated Tampa gets or do, stay out of the penalty box!!! Force the play deep keep the foot on the gas and most of all Carey be Carey!!!

would Patrick Roy coming back from Apprendicitis and winning a game be considered super human ? ;)

In actuality (as i remember it), he didn't have the surgery until after the playoffs. He was treated with medication which settled it down enough to continue playing. I'll have to look it up.

Yup,,,,here it is. He actually missed one game until his meds took effect.

http://articles.chicagotribune.com/1994-05-04/sports/9405040179_1_appendix-surgery-removed

Here's an article on recovery time for that type of surgery.

http://www.buzzle.com/articles/appendicitis-recovery-after-surgery.html

Sure doesn't sound promising for Callaghan, returning any time soon. Don't know what Cooper is talking about.

He's (cooper) just playing games. As someone who's had several abdominal surgeries (from minor to major) i can assure you there's no way he plays tonight - unless he really didnt have surgery.

There is zero chance of Callahan playing tonight. Even if he did, he would likely be extremely ineffective. Patrick came back quick, I think Jonathan Ericsson came back last year after about 5 days, and Pacman after 6 days, but to come back the day after surgery (or even 3 days later for a potential Game 7) seems near impossible.

Ah, who cares if Callahan plays or not? It was the Lightning with Callahan that the Habs beat soundly in Game 4 and again defeated in Game 5.

I would be more worried if TB put some unknown rookie in goal. Then we'd be screwed.

Archived