The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

2015-2016 Post Of The Day

And just like that we have our first 2015-2016 POTD!

jeff33 telling us where he is from.

p.k subban's hometown of rexdale, toronto, ontario, 5 minutes from the high school he went to.

i am the finger on the pulse of what the laughably-imagined center of the hockey universe has to say for these forums. although my mind is polluted by the toxic fumes of Toronto media, i clean it in the fountain of intelligent hockey discussion that is this forum

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

From a poster who posted on the french side. I have translated the post ( as best I can) here.

Hello , excuse me, I do not know where to post but I'm french , in Paris, I just signed up because I wanted to thank you for the tribute you and the other teams in the NHL , did following the attacks we have suffered, we all saw the pictures and it goes straight to our heart . Again thank you , Clement .

From a poster who posted on the french side. I have translated the post ( as best I can) here.

Hello , excuse me, I do not know where to post but I'm french , in Paris, I just signed up because I wanted to thank you for the tribute you and the other teams in the NHL , did following the attacks we have suffered, we all saw the pictures and it goes straight to our heart . Again thank you , Clement .

Thank you for The translation

• 4 weeks later...

Not that there aren't valid points regarding our injury issues, but I would disagree with the assertion that we lack the talent to compensate for 1 key injury (Gallagher). Our goaltending, aside from the occasional stutter, has not been the issue.

The only legitimate option we have put in a top 6 wing role in Gallagher's absence is Andrighetto. His G/60 through his first 7 games was highest on the team by a significant margin (and he wasn't even getting power play time). He was also 62% in corsi at even strength. Despite that, he was getting reduced ice time instead of an increase and no PP opportunities. He didn't register a shot against Boston and it was his first game where he was a minus. Instant demotion to the 4th line.

Did anyone here see any problems with his effort level or work ethic? As far as I could tell, he was doing the job we originally expected from Semin. He was playing hard, scoring goals, and wasn't a defensive liability. He's even drawn a fair number of penalties, which is a nice bonus. So what possible justification is there?

We call up Holloway, our leading AHL scorer, and give him 1 game. Barely 7 minutes. On the 4th line.

We call up Thomas, one of our top AHL scorers, and give him 5 games, on the 4th line.

We call up Hudon, 2nd leading scorer (I believe), we put him on the 4th line.

At a time when we are struggling to score, we push 4th liners into the top 6, give our best offensive players less ice time, put our best offensive prospects on the 4th line, and bench a defenseman with more points than 3 others.

Then we scratch our heads wondering why we can't score and say it isn't the coach's fault?

Sorry, going to have to disagree.

from ricochetl . twice the daily requirement of logic all in one post

Archived