The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

#31 Carey Price 2015-2016

ColRouleBleu

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Regis2

When is CP's current contract up for renegotiation ?

I read Holtby ( Washington ) going to arbitration and he is asking for $8 million ....lol

I remember all those years when the goalies threads were hot topics (Huet Vs Aeby, Price Vs Halak, ...) I much prefer the situation now because that means there is no doubt of who is our number 1 because we have the best goalie of the league !! I wish Price will win a few more trophies at the end of this season !

I remember all those years when the goalies threads were hot topics (Huet Vs Aeby, Price Vs Halak, ...) I much prefer the situation now because that means there is no doubt of who is our number 1 because we have the best goalie of the league !! I wish Price will win a few more trophies at the end of this season !

This.

As for trophies, there's only 1 I really really want him to win at the end of next season - although I suspect if he's to get that one, he's going to need 2: the 'big one' and the conn smythe :)

God I hope Price plays out of his mind again next year, as we saw he on his own can take us to the playoffs.

Getting to the playoffs is different from getting through the playoffs ;) . An elite goalie can't score goals to win matches. He can only keep the team in the game provided they outscore the opposition :rolleyes: .

Guest habs1952

God I hope Price plays out of his mind again next year, as we saw he on his own can take us to the playoffs.

After winning 4 awards last year the pressure will be even greater this year. I think Price will feel embarrassed, which may affect him negatively, if he doesn't perform at or above last years performance. He's gonna need more help from the team this year than they gave him last year. Playing in the offensive zone a lot more would really help.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Toronto is not exactly the penguins for offence but he looked totally solid again last night. we are so lucky to have him!

It took many years of suffering on our part to draft him. We paid the Price to get him and fully deserve him IMO. :)

It took many years of suffering on our part to draft him. We paid the Price to get him and fully deserve him IMO. :)

Actually we got uber lucky draft him. If it wasnt for the lockout/strike we would have most likely drafted 15 - 18th and while i think he *might* have been available there, there's a very real possibility he wouldnt have got already. Getting the 5th place lottery draw was very very good for us.

That said, I think Timmins & co knew he was something very specially (otherwise we would have probably picked someone else or drafted down & got 2 players) so i think even if someone else had taken him we might have tried to trade for him in the end.

Actually we got uber lucky draft him. If it wasnt for the lockout/strike we would have most likely drafted 15 - 18th and while i think he *might* have been available there, there's a very real possibility he wouldnt have got already. Getting the 5th place lottery draw was very very good for us.

That said, I think Timmins & co knew he was something very specially (otherwise we would have probably picked someone else or drafted down & got 2 players) so i think even if someone else had taken him we might have tried to trade for him in the end.

Luck was certainly a big part of it. What i meant was, we deserved him for all the suffering we've been through since the Houle reign and the loss of Roy. :)

Oh man, did I ever enjoy Carey's hit on Kreider! I missed most of the game last night, but when I saw that on the replay I had a hard time getting the smile off my face :).

Between that play and Bautista the other day I think that this is the best week for sports staredowns that I can remember.

Edit: And yeah, I guess the shutout was okay too

Archived