The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

2015-2016 Broadcast Schedule,,, TV, Or Not TV?

kinot-1

Sporstnet has announced their broadcast schedule for the upcoming season.

First the bait: "This upcoming season, Habs fans won’t miss a moment of their beloved team in action as the NHL on Sportsnet delivers the English-language broadcasts of all 82 games of the 2015-16 season." :)

Then the switch: "The Canadiens’ schedule, featuring 40 national games and 42 regional games." :(

Bold is mine.

The complete schedule can be found here: http://media.sportsnet.ca/2015/08/fans-can-catch-every-moment-of-the-2015-16-montreal-canadiens-season-on-sportsnet/

I know a lot of you will get ALL of the games, but many of us are on the outside looking in,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, again!. :angry:

All 21 Saturday games will be nationally televised (most of them to be on the CBC and City), including the matinee game which will be on Sportsnet.

All six Sunday games will be on Sportsnet.

There will be nine Wednesday games on Sportsnet.

There is also one regional Wednesday game on Sportsnet East.

The other four national games:

three games on Thursday on Sportsnet 360, Sportsnet One, and Sportsnet
The New Year's Day Winter Classic on Sportsnet which is on a Friday

The remaining 42 games are regional (31 on Sportsnet East and eleven on City Montreal).

I yearn for the time when all games are available to everyone regardless of location, without needing multiple different subscriptions to multiple different channels/sites.

OK, NHL - another season of HD pirate streaming it is, then.

You and me both.

• 3 weeks later...

Well i just cancelled my Centre Ice from Bell this year. I was really disappointed with it last year. My future son in law says he can stream me the games through his Rodgers account to my computer. Hope he's right.

Will the pre season games be on TV?

I can't find anything about the pre-season broadcasts, but they (possibly RDS or TVA) "might" be in the final stages of putting something together. In the past, some of the pre-season games have been broadcast, so I expect they will be this year as well.

Stay tuned.

Will the pre season games be on TV?

"TVA/RDS share unchanged
On the French side, it’s still 22 national games plus all playoff games for TVA Sports and 60 regional games plus all preseason games for RDS.
Like last year, the national games in French include all Saturday night games plus the season opener. But because the Canadiens are playing in the Winter Classic on Jan. 1, that gets added to the national roster in both languages. This means TVA Sports will have 20 Saturday night games instead of 21. (There’s a Saturday afternoon game, which is national in English as part of Hockey Day in Canada, but remains regional in French."
Bold is mine.

ahh that time of the year agian where we all wonder where we can see the games and then realize they (the broadcasters) have screwed with us again.

I would gladly, GLADLY pay to watch all games online like the old days with RDS. I am in the same boat as most , trying to find a online stream and praying it doesn't log my keys or give my computer cancer.

I just read this on another forum:

"You can get French centre ice for around 60 bucks (all habs games except Saturdays and some Ottawa games), rather than the full centre ice which is 210 dollars."

Anyone know anything about this? Can anyone anywhere get the French Center Ice package, or are there restrictions?

I just read this on another forum:

"You can get French centre ice for around 60 bucks (all habs games except Saturdays and some Ottawa games), rather than the full centre ice which is 210 dollars."

Anyone know anything about this? Can anyone anywhere get the French Center Ice package, or are there restrictions?

https://gamecentrelive.rogers.com/en/

Bottom right box, although the bottom left offers free center ice with a certain package. I didn't look into the details.

Only available WEST of Belleville Ontario and starts October 1st, unfortunately (depending on your location I guess).

$59.99/Season.

-----

Also a question ... anyone know if/where the pre-season games are being broadcast yet?

First one is tomorrow against the Leafs I believe.

https://gamecentrelive.rogers.com/en/

Bottom right box, although the bottom left offers free center ice with a certain package. I didn't look into the details.

Only available WEST of Belleville Ontario and starts October 1st, unfortunately (depending on your location I guess).

$59.99/Season.

-----

Also a question ... anyone know if/where the pre-season games are being broadcast yet?

First one is tomorrow against the Leafs I believe.

Thanks for the info re Rogers package. :) . I'll check it out.

TSN4,,, RDS,,, Radio TSN 690

Guest habs1952

The price differences between CI in Canada and here in the States is interesting. We're paying $128, with the bonus for renewing from last year.

Everyone knows the Canadian teams and their fans prop up the league.

Archived