The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

2015-2016 Supplementary discipline hearings

NHL.com. Maxime Talbot of Boston has been suspended two games for an illegal check to the head of Jiri Tlusty of New Jersey. The incident occurred at 14:30 of the second period and no penalty was assessed. Talbot will forfeit $19,354.84.

No penalty because it was a ruins player?

Brad Marchand ducked down and went below the knees on Ottawa's Borowiecki tonight. Looked like it was away from the puck and Marchand actually has a history of being suspended for clipping below the knees and got 5 games for it. I'll venture an opinion that this should be worth 8 games based on that prior standard. Of course we know the NHL holds the Bruins to a very light standard though...

Marchand said he was "just trying to turn to skate back up ice"... yeah right. Can this waste of space be any worse of a liar?

Dave Cameron said he was "surprised to see Marchand was allowed to finish the game" and "be around to spear Turris at the end"... so apparently Marchand may have also gotten away with spearing too.

LeBrun:

Bruins coach Claude Julien on Marchand low bridge, says he hasn't had a good look on it yet so doesn't want to comment yet on it

And: Marchand on the low bridge hit says he was just trying to turn up ice to pursue the puck carrier

Dreger: While considering the Marchand hit on Borowiecki, don't forget he was suspended 5 games in 2012 for a somewhat similar hit on Salo.

I watched in slo-mo, and it's even worse.

FWIW,, marchand's view of things:

“It was a simple play,” he said. “I was trying to get to the puck carrier and I turned up ice and he was kind of standing there. I just turned up and tried to go after the puck carrier.”

Also:

Neil may also be in trouble with the department of player safety for a late eye gouge on Adam McQuaid in the brawl and Cameron may also be in trouble.

Kerry Fraser in his C'Mon Ref article on TSN says Marchand deserves a longer suspension than the 5-game one he got for his hit on Salo. So he agrees. To me, 8-10 is the right number, although an argument could also be made for going into Raffi Torres range and giving him 20-25.

Kerry Fraser in his C'Mon Ref article on TSN says Marchand deserves a longer suspension than the 5-game one he got for his hit on Salo. So he agrees. To me, 8-10 is the right number, although an argument could also be made for going into Raffi Torres range and giving him 20-25.

TSN:

"Boston Bruins forward Brad Marchand will have an over-the-phone hearing on Wednesday afternoon with the National Hockey League Department of Player Safety over a low hit on Ottawa Senators defenceman Mark Borowiecki on Tuesday night."

Did I miss something? Should't he be getting an "in person" hearing? Can the DOPS suspend someone over the phone?

Yes, they can suspend, but only to a maximum of 5 games. Which means whether they suspend or not, they've already gotten the result wrong. There's no way that hit should have been 5 games or less. It needs to be a longer suspension than for his last clipping, which he clearly didn't learn from.

What a joke once again. Maximum of 5 games is still ridiculous. Won't surprise me to see him get nothing now. Sounds like they've come up with their reason to justify, as obviously they're not disciplining him based on past infractions.

Call will go something like this

Brad,,,,,you really need to be more subtle out there. We're getting a lot of heat over here about giving you some time off. Consider this ONE of your last warnings. We're fining you $1000.00 and 6 tickets to the classic.

Good luck BTW.

Archived