The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Game #5 ~ New York Rangers @ Montreal Canadiens. Thursday, October 15th, 2015.

Clues

2n8qvc1.jpg

Thursday, October 15th, 2015

7:30pm RDS, SN360

RANGERS (3-1-0) at CANADIENS (4-0-0)
TV: SN360, RDS, MSG

Season series: The Montreal Canadiens won two of three games against the New York Rangers last season. Goalie Carey Price had a shutout and made 58 saves on 59 shots in two starts for Montreal. Max Pacioretty, now the Canadiens captain, had two goals and an assist in three games, including the only goal in a 1-0 win at Madison Square Garden. Goalie Henrik Lundqvist had one shutout and started each of the three games for New York.

Rangers team scope: Lundqvist will make his fifth start in a row but coach Alain Vigneault said after practice Wednesday to expect backup goalie Antti Raanta to make his Rangers debut soon. Defenseman Dan Boyle was paired with Marc Staal after he was a healthy scratch for a 4-1 loss to the Winnipeg Jets on Tuesday. Vigneault was unhappy with the veteran's play through the first three games. "He has to go out and execute the way he can," Vigneault told NorthJersey.com. "He's a good player and he's going to get another opportunity (Thursday) to prove it." The fourth line will see some changes with right wing Jesper Fast expected to return after he was scratched the past two games. Fast practiced with center Dominic Moore, and Jarret Stoll alternated rushes on left wing with Emerson Etem, who has yet to play for New York.

Canadiens team scope: With four straight wins on the road, Montreal enters its 98th NHL home opener with an opportunity to set a record for the best start in team history. The Canadiens started 4-0-0 three times previously and went on to win the Stanley Cup each time. Montreal tied its fifth game in 1955-56 and 1977-78, and lost its fifth game in 1970-71. "We're on top of the League standings, and I think that's what everyone cares about," Pacioretty said after an optional practice Wednesday. Pacioretty has points in all four games, including his second multigoal game in a 4-2 win at the Pittsburgh Penguins on Tuesday. Price has allowed three goals in three starts. Coach Michel Therrien will not make any lineup changes.

34il24p.jpg

Very nice GDT, Clues. Thanks for doing it.

Line-ups:

Habs:

Pacioretty - Plekanec - Gallagher
Eller - Galchenyuk - Semin
Fleischmann - Desharnais - Weise
Flynn - Mitchell - Smith-Pelly

Markov - Subban
Emelin - Petry
Beaulieu - Gilbert

Price

Rags:

Nash - Brassard - Zuccarello
Kreider - Stepan - Hayes
Miller - Lindberg - Stalberg
Fast - Moore - Etem

McDonagh - Girardi
Staal - Klein
Yandle - Boyle

Lundqvist

Here are some other Montreal home-opening numbers to chew on:

Win-loss-tie record: 56-33-15.

Longest stretch of consecutive wins: 10 (1953-63).

Most lopsided victory: 10-1 over Pittsburgh in 1976.

Most lopsided loss: 8-4 to Ottawa in 1910.

Shutouts against the opposition: 11.

Shutouts against the Canadiens: Five.

Last time being shut out: 1934.

NOTES:

Lundqvist is 4-6-2 with a 3.81 goals-against average in Montreal.

Price is 6-1-0 with a microscopic 0.43 GAA in the past three seasons against New York.

The Rangers have won 12 of their last 13 away from home dating to last season.

Here are some other Montreal home-opening numbers to chew on:
Win-loss-tie record: 56-33-15.
Longest stretch of consecutive wins: 10 (1953-63).
Most lopsided victory: 10-1 over Pittsburgh in 1976.
Most lopsided loss: 8-4 to Ottawa in 1910.
Shutouts against the opposition: 11.
Shutouts against the Canadiens: Five.
Last time being shut out: 1934.
NOTES:
Lundqvist is 4-6-2 with a 3.81 goals-against average in Montreal.
Price is 6-1-0 with a microscopic 0.43 GAA in the past three seasons against New York.
The Rangers have won 12 of their last 13 away from home dating to last season.

Not too mention a win would set the franchise record for most Ws to start a season.

Plus it would put us in a position to knock a full 4 points off the Magic Number. :P

Not too confident in our performances following extended ceremonies but they've been bucking trends all season so far so there's hope yet.

Projecting a 7:45 start tonight with the opening ceremonies.

Just 15 minutes? That seems low to me.

Here, my french prediction video! NHL 16 power!

Let's make history with 5-0-0 !

Man, 16 looks amazing. I need to get it. Are you on PS4 or 1?

Just 15 minutes? That seems low to me.

Man, 16 looks amazing. I need to get it. Are you on PS4 or 1?

PS4, but should look the same on Xbox 1­. And yeah it look good and way better then 15. More gamemode, online team play/EASHL is back.

Like it's the graphic of the PS4, but with the gameplay/gamemode of past games on ps3. People are saying on forums that HuT is bugged, or too hard to win i think. But i dont play this mode much.

Online teamplay is pretty great with low lag! I love that mode a lot!

PS4, but should look the same on Xbox 1­. And yeah it look good and way better then 15. More gamemode, online team play/EASHL is back.

Like it's the graphic of the PS4, but with the gameplay/gamemode of past games on ps3. People are saying on forums that HuT is bugged, or too hard to win i think. But i dont play this mode much.

Online teamplay is pretty great with low lag! I love that mode a lot!

Awesome. I should've known, I watched that water pistol FOB duel (hilarious, by the way :lol:) and it had the PS buttons. Friend me on PSN? :D

Archived