The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Who of Our Members Has Been to a Habs Game?

kinot-1

Personally, I've been to 6 games, 2 in Detroit, (old Olympia and the Joe), 2 in T.O. (MLG and the ACC), and 2 in Montreal (the Forum and the Bell). The Habs never lost in those games, they either won or tied :D , and I'll be at the game this Sat. :)

The way I see it, is that a lot of us are "within" a 5-6-7 hour drive of an NHL team. Those of you in Europe or other far away places, well, hopefully you can fly here and see a game. Put it on your bucket list :) .

So, have you been to a Habs game?

My first Habs game was in Edmonton in Jan of 1998. We were down 3-1 with half the third to go. We were surrounded by Oiler fans taunting us. We won 5-3! It was a great night.

In 2008 I finally made it to my first game in Montreal. I didn't know this would be happening, but the stars aligned & it ended up being Roy's jersey # retirement/raising night. We ended up losing in OT but what a magical night. Three items, in one night, were scratched off my bucket list.

I went to the following game as well on the Monday night. We were beating the Islanders until O'Byrne decided he wanted to score on himself. We ended up losing in OT because of that.

Been to three games

The first was in October, the game we fired Pearn hours before the start. We won, we weren't in last place yet so the Bell Centre was electric. Absolutely loved it and fell in love with the city.

Second game was later that year because CRB gave me tickets (thanks again!) we beat Ottawa in a shootout, Cole high fived the ref, and my section started a GO Habs Go chant that went around the whole arena. Great game, atmosphere wasn't quite the same because of the fact that we were in last place at that point.

Last game I went to was game 5 against Tampa Bay this year, when Smith Pelley scored that first goal there was a slight delay because no one thought it went in, but then the entire building blew up. Absolutely amazing experience and I would recommend anyone go to a Canadiens home game during the playoffs.

I've been to two or three exhibition games that came to Halifax or Moncton, the last was four years ago, I think. All against the Bruins. During our run in 2013 I told my dad that if we made it out against the Rangers then we were heading to Montreal to see them, he had no say in it. He grew up with the seventies dynasty and watched Roy take them all the way both times, the final time just weeks before I was born. And they haven't won a thing since.

I've been to two or three exhibition games that came to Halifax or Moncton, the last was four years ago, I think. All against the Bruins. During our run in 2013 I told my dad that if we made it out against the Rangers then we were heading to Montreal to see them, he had no say in it. He grew up with the seventies dynasty and watched Roy take them all the way both times, the final time just weeks before I was born. And they haven't won a thing since.

So,,, it's your fault. <_< ,,,, (or your parents' fault).

Just sayin.

the first habs game i went to was 1993. habs leafs in toronto in the old gardens. i was behind the net and couldnt see at all on certain angles because of a pillar. thats how garbage the old gardens was

Patrick Roy stoned gilmour all alone in front in the 3rd to preserve a shutout. 3-0. beat that.

I saw habs leafs in the forum. 5-1 win with andy moog in net hahahaha

ive been to at least 10-15 games, we run down to buffalo at least once or twice a year. since its only an hour and change from toronto here. seen so many habs sabres games. nothing memorable, the sabres suck and buffalo is a dump (sorry any buffalonians on here) its always half full of hab fans anyway singing extra loud because we are on enemy turf, so thats at least fun.

last year took a trip to detroit to see us beat the wings. the joe is a very cool arena, great sight lines. some guy wanted to fight me after the game. luckily for him i was about 300 beers in and didnt even register what was going on until my friend had already shoved him away and the rest of my squad stepped up. (i own a martial arts school lol...sucker punching me would have been a pretty bad idea) be careful in detroit if you go, but definitely worth seeing a game there.

Been to three games

The first was in October, the game we fired Pearn hours before the start. We won, we weren't in last place yet so the Bell Centre was electric. Absolutely loved it and fell in love with the city.

Second game was later that year because CRB gave me tickets (thanks again!) we beat Ottawa in a shootout, Cole high fived the ref, and my section started a GO Habs Go chant that went around the whole arena. Great game, atmosphere wasn't quite the same because of the fact that we were in last place at that point.

Last game I went to was game 5 against Tampa Bay this year, when Smith Pelley scored that first goal there was a slight delay because no one thought it went in, but then the entire building blew up. Absolutely amazing experience and I would recommend anyone go to a Canadiens home game during the playoffs.

i remember that!!! the cole high 5! nice one!

Twelve games for me,,,only 2 at the old forum and 3 at the Bell, one at the old MLG and one at the ACC. The rest in Buffalo at both the old and new arena. Unfortunately never a playoff game.

Haven't seen them lose yet. Perfect 12-0.

I have been to at least 50 games including playoff and Cup games mostly at the Forum in the late 60's and all of the 70's. I have seen the Habs in Edmonton each of their last 3 visits and will be there again next Thursday. And enough with the losing to the stinking Oilersal ready. If our streak is still alive for that game and it easily could be, I won't be looking forward to that game. I usually catch 4 or 5 Oiler games a year (needless to say not the same as Les Canadiens)

So,,, it's your fault. <_< ,,,, (or your parents' fault).

Just sayin.

I can be blamed too. Born in January of '93, on Super Bowl Sunday no less. My dad always says I'm both a blessing and a curse lol.

As for the topic, I've been to 3 games. 2 in Buffalo, and 1 in Montreal. They won all 3 games, the most recent one of those was 2 years ago, I believe. Habs-Rangers. Budaj got the SO in a rare Saturday start at home.

I've been to some of the same Halifax exhibition games that RyderRocks was talking about, but I've only seen the full team in Montreal twice. The first was a 3-2 win vs Buffalo where my favourite player, Michel Ryder, scored the winning goal.

The second was even more memorable, a 7-5 (I think) win against Boston. It was during that season a few years back where the "big bad Bruins" were running over everybody - except the Habs ;). This particular game had a crazy amount of penalty minutes, incuding Chara getting tossed in the second. This wasnt long after his hit on Patches, so the roar of the crowd when that happened was just crazy. Julien and Carbo were up on the benches screaming and pointing at each other, both being held back by assistant coaches. It was a great time, especially to come out of all that with a big win

Guest habs1952

I've probably been to about 40 Habs games in Buffalo(the old arena), Ottawa, Montreal(the Forum and Bell Centre) and Toronto(Maple Leaf Gardens). I won't set foot in the ACC even if Pink Floyd came out of retirement and played there.

Archived