HABSLOGO_zps0a2d1ce2.jpg

VISIT BUFFALO

TO TAKE ON THE

DSC_0370.jpg

S7300335.jpg

7:00 PM RDS, CITYM, TSN 690 Radio

STUFF GLEANED FROM THE CUTTING ROOM FLOOR

The Sabres:

Chad Johnson (2.35 GAA, .906 SV%) will be between the pipes on Friday.

The Sabres are also missing Cody McCormick with an undisclosed injury and defencemen Zach Bogosian and Bobby Sanguinetti with lower-body injuries.

Former Canadiens captain Brian Gionta is wearing the “C” for the Sabres. He and another ex-Hab, defenceman Josh Gorges, are counted on to provide leadership for the young team.

Their top point-getter is Matt Moulson with 3 PTs., while their top goal getter is Jack Eichel.

The Sabres record is 2-4-0, with 11 GF and 15GA.

The Habs

The Canadiens’ Corsi for percentage (CF%) is 52.8, a full 4.3 per cent higher then it was last season.

They haven’t allowed a goal in the first period, they haven’t trailed in a game with the exception of three minutes and three seconds against the Detroit Red Wings last Saturday, and they’ve outscored the opposition 11-1 in the third period.
Mike Condon gets the start for the Habs.

Canadiens coach Michel Therrien has been rolling his lines without any concern over matchups. His "fourth" line of Torrey Mitchell, Brian Flynn and Devante Smith-Pelly has played against the opposition’s best forwards on a nightly basis. His "second" defence pairing of Jeff Petry and Alexei Emelin took heavy minutes away from thoroughbreds Andrei Markov and P.K. Subban Tuesday. And his "third" line of Weise, David Desharnais and Tomas Fleischmann has combined for 10 points and a plus-five rating.
Brian Flynn and Torrey Mitchell have brought energy and two-way skills to Montreal’s fourth line. They were acquired from Buffalo at the trading deadline and there were suggestions the Sabres dealt them because they were trying too hard to win.
The Canadiens are healthy.
kinot-1's GDT Record 2-0-0

YW, htl.

This game marks the first time that Torrey Mitchell and Brian Flynn, both acquired from Buffalo in separate trade deadline day deals, will face their former team.

Montreal leads in the NHL in shots on goal per game (34.3). However, the Sabres allow the second fewest shots per game in the league (25.3).

Projected Montreal Lines:

Max Pacioretty – Tomas Plekanec – Brendan Gallagher

Lars Eller – Alex Galchenyuk – Alexander Semin

Tomas Fleischmann – David Desharnais – Dale Weise

Brian Flynn – Torrey Mitchell – Devante Smith-Pelly

Andrei Markov – P.K. Subban

Alexei Emelin – Jeff Petry

Nathan Beaulieu – Tom Gilbert

Mike Condon (confirmed starter)

Carey Price

Injuries: Michael Bournival

Scratches: Paul Byron, Greg Pateryn, Jarred Tinordi

Projected Buffalo Lines:

Sam Reinhart – Ryan O’Reilly – Tyler Ennis

Evander Kane – Jack Eichel – Jamie McGinn

Matt Moulson – Zemgus Girgensons – Brian Gionta

Nicolas Deslauriers – Johan Larsson – Marcus Foligno

Josh Gorges – Rasmus Ristolainen

Jake McCabe – Mark Pysyk

Mike Weber – Cody Franson

Chad Johnson (likely starter)

Linus Ullmark

Injuries: Zach Bogosian, Robin Lehner, Cody McCormick

Scratches: Carlo Colaiacovo, David Legwand

The Sabres completely dominated Toronto and the Lightning in their last 2 games, keeping high powered Tampa to 22 shots in there own building. Only once has an opponent gotten 30 shots on them this year and Buffalo has outshot, by 9 or more 3 of its last 4 opponents. It has been outshot in only 2 of its 6 games this year.

This is a much better Sabres roster. The boys need to be ready.

Indeed. The infusion of talent & the system implemented by Dan Bylsma has made them a much harder opponent this year. I dont think the boys will take them lightly.

I think its going to be low scoring but i give the nod to us 3 - 1 maybe an empty netter.

I am torn tonight...I want to also watch the Jays AND the boys....so I might not be on here as much (in fact that was why I was missing last game..was watching and screaming at the TV.. watching the Habs and doing other things)....as the GameDay crowd goes into a tremendous roar and standing ovation over this unexpected but joyful news!!!!

I am torn tonight...I want to also watch the Jays AND the boys....so I might not be on here as much (in fact that was why I was missing last game..was watching and screaming at the TV.. watching the Habs and doing other things)....as the GameDay crowd goes into a tremendous roar and standing ovation over this unexpected but joyful news!!!!

That's grounds for a warning right there, SHF. :P

Hey new Mod,,, get on this. :lol:

You might have better luck with a moderator who didn't take a family vacation to the Skydome in the early 90s, I'm afraid. ^_^

Ya, right, like that will ever happen. :rolleyes:

Hey...I did NOT say anything....anything you say willNOT hold up in a court of law!!!!! :ph34r: The Jays first game was when I was heading to the States..so there!~

Well, I "had" thought, that our code of ethics was a little more stringent that a court of law, apparently, I was wrong. ;)

I could make you one. I'll PM you, hopefully tonight. :)

Oh great. According to specs..I have the 42mm Apple Watch it has a resolution of 312x390. Apple says the display is "retina" and instructs developers to use 2x image assets (whatever that means :) )

EWWWWW, <grabs 2 sticks to make a cross >

I hear ya!!!! I hate the Laffs but do not forget I lived in Toronto for 7 years before I went south... lol

Archived