The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Islanders @ Canadiens 7:00 PM RDS, SN, MSG, NHLN-US, TSN Radio 690.

kinot-1

IT'S

safe_image_zpsc7798744.png

ALREADY.

TONIGHT THE

islanders150.gif

ARE IN MONTREAL TO TAKE ON OUR

Go_Habs_Go_by_Sexytikiki.jpg

7:00 PM RDS, SN, MSG, NHLN-US, TSN Radio 690.

Mostly the same players as played on Fri., but in the Isles case, both of their goalies could see game action as they did Fri.

The Canadiens called up Sven Andrighetto from the AHL’s St. John’s IceCaps following Friday night’s 5-3 win over the New York Islanders in Brooklyn, but coach Michel Therrien wouldn’t say Saturday if the forward will be in the lineup Sunday night. In 17 games with the IceCaps this season, Andrighetto has six goals and nine assists.

Torrey Mitchell, who suffered a lower-body injury during Thursday’s 3-2 loss to the Arizona Coyotes, will miss his second straight game Sunday.

Carey Price will make his second straight start in goal Sunday night.

Just some factiods for youz:

Our PP is 21.9% (and sinking fast), while theirs is 17.9%.

Our PK is at 85.9%, while theirs is at 85.2%.

We have 10 players with over 10 PTs., while they have 6.

They have 23 PTs.,,,we have 32

We have a +26 goal diff.,,,,they have +8.

They are 4-3-1 on the road,,,we are 8-2-1 at home.

We are 6-2-2 in our last 10, they are 4-5-1.

Stuart's GDT Record, 6-0-2

Apparently Andrighetto might be with Galchenyuk and Eller. That sounds pretty good to me.

I was kind of hoping we'd stick with the EGG line to be honest. Chucky and Eller have been working really hard all season, it would be nice to see them play with a proven player like Gally. Chucky has been really impressive all season, especially last game. He's hungry and with a linemate like Gally, I feel they'd put up a lot of points.

I feel bad for them, they keep getting a new linemate every other game. It's only a matter of time before they shut down and stop trying. It's demoralizing to be put in that situation over and over again.

I was kind of hoping we'd stick with the EGG line to be honest. Chucky and Eller have been working really hard all season, it would be nice to see them play with a proven player like Gally. Chucky has been really impressive all season, especially last game. He's hungry and with a linemate like Gally, I feel they'd put up a lot of points.

I feel bad for them, they keep getting a new linemate every other game. It's only a matter of time before they shut down and stop trying. It's demoralizing to be put in that situation over and over again.

I didn't expect the EGG reunion to last long. Therrien likes the Pacioretty-Gallagher combo, I think. This is suboptimal, but it seems to me like the least bad option. Although it is, like you said, yet another line that won't last very long.

We really can't afford the Desharnais line or the power play cooling off.

First day off in a while, boys. Looks like this will be an interesting one to watch. I kind of hoped for Holloway to finally get his deserved start. I say Price returns to form this game and we look like the team we were earlier this year.

*EDIT: nhl.com update says Holloway got the call up.

First day off in a while, boys. Looks like this will be an interesting one to watch. I kind of hoped for Holloway to finally get his deserved start. I say Price returns to form this game and we look like the team we were earlier this year.

*EDIT: nhl.com update says Holloway got the call up.

DSP is out with a lower body injury.

I'm pretty sure Ric's giving out minion names. You were Kevin the other night.

I like to keep "the other guys" guessing. :P

I kind of hope we see this tonight (assuming Semin is scratched):

Max Pacioretty - Tomas Plekanec - Brendan Gallagher

Lars Eller - Alex Galchenyuk - George "Bud" Holloway

Tomas Fleischmann - David Desharnais - Dale Weise

Paul Byron - Sven Andrighetto - Brian Flynn

Injuries to DSP and Mitchell, right?

Right.

Archived