The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Blue Jackets @ Canadiens 7:30 PM RDS, SNE, Prolly Ganecenter too, TSN Radio 690

kinot-1

safe_image_zpsc7798744.png

TONIGHT, COMING TO YOU FROM THE BEAUTIFULL BELL CENTER IN DOWNTOWN MONTREAL, THE MONTREAL CANADIENS INVITE YOU TO ENJOY THE,,,,,,,,,

columbus200.gif

VERSUS OUR

HABSONFIRE_zps00588459.jpg

7:30 PM RDS, SNE, Prolly Ganecenter too, TSN Radio 690

Season series: Montreal Canadiens forward Max Pacioretty scored five goals against the Columbus Blue Jackets last season, including three game-winners. Montreal outscored Columbus 11-5 during the three-game sweep that included a 3-1 win at Bell Centre on Feb. 21. Canadiens defenseman Andrei Markov had a goal and four assists, and his partner, P.K. Subban, had two goals and two assists. Blue Jackets forwards Nick Foligno and Marko Dano, now playing for the Chicago Blackhawks, each had a goal and an assist against Montreal.

Blue Jackets team scope: Center Brandon Dubinsky will return to the lineup after serving a one-game suspension for his cross-check to the head of Pittsburgh Penguins center Sidney Crosby on Friday. Coach John Tortorella put an emphasis on skating at practice Monday. "You can tell even by the way we practiced that he wants us in better shape, so we're not fading at the end of games," forward Scott Hartnell told the Columbus Dispatch. Right wing David Clarkson skated Monday for the first time since he injured his lower back on Nov. 3. Clarkson, who took to the ice on his own, will skate again Tuesday and may be ready to rejoin his teammates later in the week. Defenseman Fedor Tyutin remains out with a broken nose, and right wing Markus Hannikainen will miss two months because of a shoulder injury he sustained during his NHL debut in the Blue Jackets' 3-1 loss at the St. Louis Blues on Saturday.

Canadiens team scope: Montreal will be without goalie Carey Price for at least six weeks because of a lower-body injury that will not require surgery. Price has missed 10 games, including the past two since he aggravated his original injury during the Canadiens' 5-1 win at the New York Rangers last Wednesday. "When you lose a key player it's always going to have side effects, it's going to hurt your team, but I believe in our players' character to step up and weather the storm," general manager Marc Bergevin said. Rookie goalie Mike Condon will make his third straight start against Columbus. Goalie Zachary Fucale was recalled from St. John's of the American Hockey League on Monday and will back up Condon in place of Dustin Tokarski, who was reassigned to the AHL. Forwards Daniel Carr and Michael Bournival practiced Monday. Carr was recalled from St. John's on Sunday and Bournival has been sidelined since last season because of concussion-like symptoms.

kinot-1's GDT Record 7-0-2

Bobrovsky is 6-2-0 with a 1.50 goals-against average in his last eight games, and has allowed one or two goals in each of his last seven road starts.

The Blue Jackets rank last in FOs, at 46.6 percent.

Montreal is averaging a league-high 11.1 giveaways and Columbus the fewest at 4.7.

Let's get two points for the two birthday boys, htl & kinot.

Note,,, if we only get 1 point, it's mine, to keep my unbeaten streak in reg. unbroken. :P

HAPPY BIRTHDAY ALL AROUND!

Thanks JR. :)

Refs for tonight are Kevin Pollock and Kelly Sutherland.
Bobrovsky and Condon are confirmed for tonight.

Thanks kinot and Habby Budday! :)

Habby Budday to HTL as well! :)

And a very merry un-Budday to everyone else! :)

Buddies! :D

... and I just realized I'm half an hour early, so I will be back. :P

Thanks Bob. :)

razz_zps9um7ix50.gif

I quoted you last,,,,,,,,,well,,,,,just cuz I can. B)

MT's 700th game, and Tort's 955th game.

Pateryn out, Emelin in. Otherwise, same lineup as last game. I was hoping to see Carr play but I guess we'll have to let him get a couple more practices in before that happens.

I got a feeling that Carr will get the same treatment as did Bud Holloway did. <_<

I heard it's your birthday......it was hard tracking down enough candles, but I think I got it:

Birthday-Cake-many-candles_zpsipigjt8x.j

Despite what you may have heard, Rick,,, I think you're one short, but it's the thought that counts :) . Thanks Rick,,, now go back to your old self :P .

Archived