The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Game #27 ~ Washington Capitals @ Montreal Canadiens.Thursday, December 3rd, 2015.

Clues

prgyh.jpg

Thursday, December 3rd, 2015

CAPITALS (17-5-1) at CANADIENS (19-4-3)
TV: RDS, CITYM, CSN-DC

7:30pm

Season series: The Montreal Canadiens won two of three games against the Washington Capitals last season. All three games went beyond regulation, with Washington winning 5-4 in a shootout at Bell Centre on April 2 to avoid being swept. Canadiens defenseman P.K. Subban had a goal and three assists. Capitals captain Alex Ovechkin and forward Joel Ward, who is now playing for the San Jose Sharks, each scored twice and defenseman John Carlson had three assists.

Capitals team scope: Defenseman Brooks Orpik won't play, but he is traveling to Montreal and will take part in the morning skate Thursday. He remains day-to-day with a lower-body injury. Washington has had an eventful week despite not playing for four days since its 4-2 win at the Toronto Maple Leafs on Saturday. Goalie Braden Holtby was named NHL Second Star of the Month for November on Monday, and the Capitals engaged in team-building activities at Joint Base Andrews, formerly Andrews Air Force Base, in Maryland on Tuesday. Washington coach Barry Trotz referred to Holtby as the Capitals' eraser after practice Wednesday. "Goaltending is all about giving your team the attitude," Trotz told the Capitals website. "If you're unsure about your goaltending, you're not going to have much attitude in a positive way. You're always going to be doubting, the trust factor's not there, so it's like having a bad quarterback, it just doesn't work."

Canadiens team scope: Montreal coach Michel Therrien retained his new line combinations at practice Wednesday. Therrien reunited left wing Max Pacioretty and center David Desharnais on a line with Dale Weise during the Canadiens' 2-1 win against the Columbus Blue Jackets. He also paired Czech forwards Tomas Plekanec and Tomas Fleischmann with Paul Byron on right wing. "I'm happy I did it because it gave the team a lot of energy starting in the second period and with that energy, we were very dynamic," Therrien said. "It allowed our team to put a lot of pressure on the other team and limit their shots on goal, limit their chances and play within our structure, so the players were very positive about the changes that were made." Injured forward Michael Bournival was placed on waivers Wednesday. Bournival, who will report to St. John's of the American Hockey League if he is not claimed, has not played because of concussion-like symptoms.

34il24p.jpg

It's another 7:30 start. I think they scheduled it this way so Clues could be here on time, complete with baked goods.

Hahaha. I did bake more cookies today. But I will be watching the game with someone, so I might not be on that much.

Hahaha. I did bake more cookies today. But I will be watching the game with someone, so I might not be on that much.

OK.....as long as the "universe" knows you baked, Washington doesn't stand a chance. Enjoy the game! And don't forget to blame kinot!

I would actually feel slightly more confident forecasting metal spots than NHL games, and I have almost no idea what I'm doing.

Well, as they say, that's why they play the game....to decide how much gold and silver will be worth after the game.

Archived