The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Your Favorite Christmas Memories

kinot-1

OK,,, here's where you might want to post your favorite Christmas memories. They could be a favorite gift,,, Christmas party,,, a place you were at,,,Christmas dinner,,,,,Christmas morning ,,,,,,,,,, or anything Christmasy that you like.

Here's one of my favorites.

It was a mild Christmas morning, before it got light. At the time, we lived in an older 2 story house, the kind with 9 foot ceilings and a cement block foundation. On the 2nd story were the 3 bedrooms. My parents slept in the bedroom next to the stairs along with my younger sister, my 2 brothers and I slept in another, and my older sister slept in a bedroom that had a porch off of it at the rear of the house that just happened to have the TV antenna beside the railing that went from the roof to the ground. The floor in front of my parents bedroom had a severe squeak in the floor so bad that no-one could get by my parents room without my mother waking up.

The culprits were my 15 yr. old sister, my 2 older brothers, 10 and 12, and me, 8 . :ph34r:

The plan was to have either myself or my 10 yr. old brother go out to the porch,,,, slide down the antenna,,, go into the house by the side door (everyone left their back doors open in those days), and get a small present for each of us, come up the stairs and try get past my parents room. My brother was chosen. Better him than me :) .

I don't remember how he got past my parents room when he came back up the stairs, or even what he brought back to us, but I do remember doing the antenna incident.

Good times. :)

With the holidays coming up, I thought it would be interesting to find out what holiday (if any) our fellow members celebrated, and I just thought it would be nice to have a place to talk about things related to the holidays (I may or may not be incredibly in love with Christmas).

So if any one wants to post any traditions, wish lists, pictures of decorations, how they plan to celebrate ect. feel free to do so here. ^_^

HERE'S WISHING ALL OF THE MEMBERS HERE, BEST WISHES FOR THE CHRISTMAS SEASON,

FROM THE kinot-1 HOUSEHOLD

Christmas%20Boys%20005_zpsu32iwfge.jpg

Very sweet of you. Thanks Danny.

In return let me say, "May the crickets always sing your song."

That's a beautiful tree, kinot! We've always had a fake tree. My mother was always afraid that a real one would catch on fire. I'll take some pictures and post them up soon. :)

Thanks Clues. I like it,,,, I used to get a scotch pine but they're hard to find, but this one is better. I've always wanted a tree that you can't see the trunk,so you can hide presents in it better :D . It gets decorated tomorrow :)

Guest habs1952

News alert! The Salvation Army reports a Christmas tree missing in the London area. Witnesses report the thief was on a motorcycle, wore boots, a bathing suit, a vintage Montreal Canadiens jersey and was missing his smart phone. Police caution people not to approach this person else they may wind up in an unflattering chapter of his book.

Does anyone have anything special planned for Christmas?

Just the usual Christmas stuff, turkey dinner etc.

But I do have a tradition that I've kept up.

Back in the day when I was a kid, we lived in a house with 9' ceilings. Dad always go a very tall scotch pine tree, the fullest one he could find. After it was decorated, and on Christmas morning, we kids would open all of our gifts that were either hidden in the tree or underneath it. Just when we thought the tree was cleaned out,,, it was mentioned that there "might" be one more gift in the tree. Being small kids, we couldn't see to the upmost branches, but there was always a mall gift hidden up there. Once it was found, on the tag it just said "From Santa". There was no mention of who it was for. One of our parents, would give it to (later found out) whoever the gift was intended for, to open it.

To this day, I have always had a real tall tree every year, and have always put a gift in the tree with just the words "From Santa". :)

News alert! The Salvation Army reports a Christmas tree missing in the London area. Witnesses report the thief was on a motorcycle, wore boots, a bathing suit, a vintage Montreal Canadiens jersey and was missing his smart phone. Police caution people not to approach this person else they may wind up in an unflattering chapter of his book.

Hey!!!!!!!!! It evened up,,,, The Salvation Army graciously accepted my annual donation. :P

:D

Just the usual Christmas stuff, turkey dinner etc.

But I do have a tradition that I've kept up.

Back in the day when I was a kid, we lived in a house with 9' ceilings. Dad always go a very tall scotch pine tree, the fullest one he could find. After it was decorated, and on Christmas morning, we kids would open all of our gifts that were either hidden in the tree or underneath it. Just when we thought the tree was cleaned out,,, it was mentioned that there "might" be one more gift in the tree. Being small kids, we couldn't see to the upmost branches, but there was always a mall gift hidden up there. Once it was found, on the tag it just said "From Santa". There was no mention of who it was for. One of our parents, would give it to (later found out) whoever the gift was intended for, to open it.

To this day, I have always had a real tall tree every year, and have always put a gift in the tree with just the words "From Santa". :)

That's cool, kinot. :)

Archived