The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

#45 Mark Barberio

Guest habs1952

If you were drowning and seen a small 1' log floating nearby,,,wouldn't you grab it? :lol:

I'd think someone did something they shouldn't have and swim away from it.

I thnk Emelin would return more value in a trade, but Gilbert has also been out and could be moved to a team looking for a veteran d man. May be another deal with the Oilers may be in the works.

definitely rumors out there that Edm and Mtl were working on something bigger than just the trade they pulled off. Gilbert was already in Edmonton recently, not sure they'll reacquire him, although it is a different regime. I see Chiarelli being more interested in Beaulieu or Emelin or even Tinordi more than Gilbert. With Edm adding Kassian, I wonder whether that makes them more likely to deal a forward like Eberle or Yakupov at this point.

definitely rumors out there that Edm and Mtl were working on something bigger than just the trade they pulled off. Gilbert was already in Edmonton recently, not sure they'll reacquire him, although it is a different regime. I see Chiarelli being more interested in Beaulieu or Emelin or even Tinordi more than Gilbert. With Edm adding Kassian, I wonder whether that makes them more likely to deal a forward like Eberle or Yakupov at this point.

I think you may have a situation where the players are being showcased for selection if we are dealing defencemen.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't know that he's been any better than Pateryn, but he's a veteran, so Therrien loves that. I think both Pateryn and Barberio have done a decent job, and they make Emelin very very expendable.

Im not sure if id call a 25 year old who has played around 100 NHL games a veteran but I agree that he (and Pateryn) have been at least as good (most of the time better) than the much more expensive Emelin.

I still think someone in the West may be very interested in Emelin and now that we have guys like Barberio and Pateryn we can move him.

Im not sure if id call a 25 year old who has played around 100 NHL games a veteran but I agree that he (and Pateryn) have been at least as good (most of the time better) than the much more expensive Emelin.

I still think someone in the West may be very interested in Emelin and now that we have guys like Barberio and Pateryn we can move him.

I think we could and should move Emelin, the question is does he want to go? He has a NTC

I am really starting to like this guy and I personally think he brings more to the table than Pateryn (not that he has been bad, Barberio has just been better IMO); so far at least. He's a better skater and puck-mover than Pateryn but not as physical. I'll take that trade any day. What's really going to be interesting is what will happen when Gilbert returns. Can we really justify sending Barberio back down with how well he has played? Does somebody get traded or do we risk losing Pateryn or Tinordi to waivers? I have a feeling somebody might get moved, but who knows.

What's really going to be interesting is what will happen when Gilbert returns. Can we really justify sending Barberio back down with how well he has played? Does somebody get traded or do we risk losing Pateryn or Tinordi to waivers? I have a feeling somebody might get moved, but who knows.

IMHO there will be at least 1 maybe a couple of trades in the very near future. The smart thing to do at this point would be to replace MT and let a new coach decide who he wants on his roster and talk to the GM but I have a feeling MB will try one more thing (A trade or 2) before replacing MT.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Archived