OR, THIS IS UGLY

TONITE OUR HABBIES,

images_zps0ab8947c.jpg

(US OF THE 1-9 RECORD IN THE LAST 10 GP_

VISIT THE SUNSHINE STATE, TO PLAY (LOSE ?) A GAME AGAINST THE

TAMPS BAY

lightning.jpg

7:30 PM RDS, SNE, SUN, TSN Radio 690

The Canadiens lost their sixth straight game Saturday night in Washington. During those six losses the Canadiens have scored a total of six goals — and Daniel Carr has half of them.

When a team is relying on an undrafted 24-year-old with 10 games of NHL experience to be its leading goal-scorer there’s a big problem. Especially when that player is only averaging 12:01 of ice time per game. The Canadiens are 1-10 in their last 11 games, scoring only 16 goals during that span for an average of 1.45 goals per game.

The Canadiens’ leading goal-scorer scorer during those 11 games is Carr with four, followed by Sven Andrighetto, Paul Byron and Brian Flynn with two each. When an undrafted rookie, another NHL rookie, a player claimed on waivers and a career fourth-liner are your leading goal-scorers there’s a big problem. Dale Weise, Alex Galchenyuk, Lars Eller, Tomas Fleischmann, Max Pacioretty and Jeff Petry have the other goals over the last 11 games.

“Right now, we’re right there,” Subban said “We’re right there … we just need a little bit more from everybody.”

They need more skilled guys playing like Daniel Carr.

RE THE T-BAY LIGHTNING

Steven Stamkos has snapped out of a scoring slump in a big way. He has five goals in the past four games. Stamkos said the Christmas break energized him. One player who has been getting better is forward Jonathan Marchessault, who is on a six-game point streak and is getting time on the top power-play unit with Stamkos and Nikita Kucherov.

Last season Tampa Bay led the league in goals. This season, though its goals-against average is down, the Lightning's scoring is down as well. Tampa Bay is averaging 2.5 goals per game. Though Coach Jon Cooper is happy about his team's defensive play, he wants to see the offensive numbers go up.

Tampa Bay has won four of its past six games and is five points back of the Atlantic Division lead.

kinot-1's GDT Record 8-4-1 (hoping for a better record after tonite).

BTW, IJGBL

Condon confirmed in. Andrighetto in for DSP, as previously announced.

But also learning now that Pateryn and Barberio will play in place of Emelin and Tinordi. Barberio makes it in against his former team... Emelin was bad last game, but this really brings up more questions about what trade Habs are trying to set up for their defence.

kinot..I left for a week and expected you keep the boys straight ....not on this board..that is too difficult...the boys that are/were suppose to be playing hockey. They didn't and haven't. So what is your excuse???? Sigh. Besides firing MT..wait..fire MT..anybody say that while I was gone? Do I have to do everything??? :) Go Habs! Show up before the year ends, please!!!!

kinot..I left for a week and expected you keep the boys straight ....not on this board..that is too difficult...the boys that are/were suppose to be playing hockey. They didn't and haven't. So what is your excuse???? Sigh. Besides firing MT..wait..fire MT..anybody say that while I was gone? Do I have to do everything??? :) Go Habs! Show up before the year ends, please!!!!

Pick one:

JR was sent down.
I wasn't called up.
The walk of shame is a long one.
You weren't here for support.
My shoulders have been too weak from shouldering all the blame.
I'm not the coach.
I am not the GM.
I am not Carey Price.
:P
And how was Illinois? :)

Thanks kinot! :)

Florida is now leading the division and also has a 1 better goal differential than us currently. Who would have predicted that at the start of the season?

We are 4 points ahead of 6th place Tampa, and they have a game in hand. A loss tonight basically puts us in a battle for 6th in our division.

Our response to our scoring woes so far:

1. The privileged line of Pacioretty - Desharnais - Weise (none of whom are scoring)

2. Blame the goaltender(s)

3. Promote 4th liners

4. Scratch Andrighetto

5. Line blending

6. Lots of ice time for players who aren't scoring

7. Swap defensemen around

8. Call up a 9th defenseman

9. Trade for a goaltender

Simply brilliant decision making. At least we've fixed number 4 and put Andrighetto back in the lineup.

Now if only we could do something about the other 8 things we've implemented that have actually made things worse.

I for one, won't be thunderstruck if we lose again tonight. :P

Pick one:

JR was sent down.
I wasn't called up.
The walk of shame is a long one.
You weren't here for support.
My shoulders have been too weak from shouldering all the blame.
I'm not the coach.
I am not the GM.
I am not Carey Price.
:P
And how was Illinois? :)

Not cold enough ...too warm for this time of year..but wait for a couple of minutes

Merry Christmas everyone. Just got back from Halifax. Montreal, it's nice to be home!

Let's see if we can't lose this one in competitive fashion!

You wearing a carnation? :lol:

Archived