Born Nov 20 1992 -- Skovde, Sweden
[23 yrs. ago]
Height 5.11 -- Weight 200 [180 cm/91 kg]

Drafted by Anaheim Ducks
- round 5 #143 overall 2011 NHL Entry Draft

Assigned to the minors

25 GP, 5G, 12 A.

Here's the scouting report:

Friberg is a strong and speedy winger with an excellent work rate and a great attitude. A true team player that skates and forechecks hard. Two-way player that does not mind playing physical and is strong along the boards. Decent productivity and creativity, making him more than just a role player.
Future

Friberg attended training camp with the Ducks before being assigned to Anaheim AHL affiliate Norfolk at the start of the 2014-15 season. After a solid first season with the Admirals he is again one of the club's top two-way forwards and was rewarded with a call-up in December — making his NHL debut in a cameo appearance against Vancouver before being returned to the Admirals. Moving forward Friberg has the makings of a versatile top-six or bottom-six winger. While he may not be the scorer he was in junior hockey, his aggressive forecheck and well-rounded game make him a promising talent.

Probably nothing more than clearing up some congestion in the crease, but ...

I'm hoping this is a prelude to another move. Perhaps Hudon (or another player) heading out, along with some other pieces for something more substantial. We have too many D on the roster (9) when healthy, and none are waiver exempt.

If I don't see another trade today, I'll be disappointed.

Probably nothing more than clearing up some congestion in the crease, but ...

I'm hoping this is a prelude to another move. Perhaps Hudon (or another player) heading out, along with some other pieces for something more substantial. We have too many D on the roster (9) when healthy, and none are waiver exempt.

If I don't see another trade today, I'll be disappointed.

I'm suspecting Barberio, Tinordi, Pateryn, Emelin are all on the block ... 2 of those 4 probably gone with Tinordi being the no brainer and one of either Barbrio or Pateryn. I don't think MB is done yet ... though it might not be today

I'm suspecting Barberio, Tinordi, Pateryn, Emelin are all on the block ... 2 of those 4 probably gone with Tinordi being the no brainer and one of either Barbrio or Pateryn. I don't think MB is done yet ... though it might not be today

I didn't exactly expect another deal today, but I was hopeful.

Slow spot in the schedule with obvious need for some sort of change while fighting for a playoff berth in the midst of other teams getting deals done early, I would have liked to see us active now rather than later when it is quite possibly too late. The timing just feels right.

I'd probably prefer Pateryn, Emelin, Gilbert on the block right now, but I could live with anything that involved us keeping Beaulieu, Subban, and Petry, while improving our top 6.

I am frankly still surprised MB would make roster moves before making a coaching change. You dont have one hole - you have basically an entire roster under-performing. Most of us are very critical of MT but even if it wasnt his fault, you'd have to think that changing coaches would be a lot easier than changing the roster.

Obviously this one minor move doesnt mean that MB is planning on moving more but i would agree that it feels like a bigger trade is coming. However, unless something changes in a hurry, i still think a coaching change is nearly inevitable & why wouldnt you want your new coach to evaluate your players before you go ahead and start moving them?

I like this trade in general. We had a slew of back-up type goalies, so moving Tokarski was something we could afford to do. We have another forward asset who has a chance of becoming an NHLer so bigger upside here than downside.

As far as other moves, agreed that the next/first move has to be firing and replacing the coach. I think that in itself can have more of an effect than anything else that can be done. We need a skill player, but I'm simply afraid that if we obtain another Vanek/Briere/PAP/Sekac/Semin type guy, Therrien will find a way to bury him in the line-up and render him useless. We first need to find a coach who appreciates skill as an asset, then we can move forward with the rest.

I like this trade in general. We had a slew of back-up type goalies, so moving Tokarski was something we could afford to do. We have another forward asset who has a chance of becoming an NHLer so bigger upside here than downside.

As far as other moves, agreed that the next/first move has to be firing and replacing the coach. I think that in itself can have more of an effect than anything else that can be done. We need a skill player, but I'm simply afraid that if we obtain another Vanek/Briere/PAP/Sekac/Semin type guy, Therrien will find a way to bury him in the line-up and render him useless. We first need to find a coach who appreciates skill as an asset, then we can move forward with the rest.

I believe Parenteau, fwiw, would have been 5th among forwards for scoring were he still here. Last I checked, he had 21 points in 38 games. That ties him with Desharnais (PAP has a few less games played).

We're continuously paying a price for Therrien's ignorance in regards to proper management of skilled players.

I still think Therrien will get a significant trade before he's dismissed unfortunately.

. We need a skill player, but I'm simply afraid that if we obtain another Vanek/Briere/PAP/Sekac/Semin type guy, Therrien will find a way to bury him in the line-up and render him useless.

which is what will happen if the Habs were to acquire Drouin

Archived