The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

2016 Trade Deadline

HabsRuleForever

Here's an interesting read on Druoin, from TSN.

"Big trades rarely happen after the deadline, but could Jonathan Drouin be dealt between March 1st and June’s draft? That was one theory floated by two Eastern Conference executives over the weekend should a deal for Drouin not materialize in the next three weeks. Trades are allowed to occur after the deadline, but those players are ineligible for the playoffs. The executives’ thinking was that interested parties would be non-playoff teams looking to build for the future. Those teams would have little reason to play Drouin this season, which would prevent his contract from accruing a year of service, thus keeping him under team control for another year. Many believe the Lightning sent Drouin to the AHL for that purpose after he was on the NHL roster for only 38 games this season. Two more games would have counted as a year of service, making him eligible for free agency at age 26 instead of 27.

Others closer to the situation poured cold water on the idea, saying if Drouin doesn’t go by Feb. 29, that a deal will wait until the off-season. Why would the Lightning unnecessarily limit the field to non-playoff teams when they could wait until the summer? And if Drouin is really as good as the acquiring team believes, he would be in the lineup this season, accrued seasons be damned. His next contract, or control five years from now, could be a problem for the next GM. The Drouin camp is ready to wait until the summer if need be. For now, Drouin continues to train and skate daily near Montreal."

T.O and the Sens have made a major trade. Poof & Frattin (plus others) to the Sens in a 9,,, that's right,,,9 player deal. Details to come.

Along with Phaneuf, the Leafs send forwards Matt Frattin, Casey Bailey, Ryan Rupert and defence prospect Cody Donaghey to the Senators in exchange for defenceman Jared Cowen, forwards Colin Greening, Milan Michalek and Tobias Lindberg as well as Ottawa’s second-round pick in the 2017 NHL Draft.

No salary will be retained by either team over the trade’s entirety..

Here's an interesting read on Druoin, from TSN.

. His next contract, or control five years from now, could be a problem for the next GM. The Drouin camp is ready to wait until the summer if need be. For now, Drouin continues to train and skate daily near Montreal."

why do I get a feeling MB wants this guy

Guest habs1952

90% of Leaf fans agree.

I still don't think they will get Stamkos. I don't think he wants to wallow in neverland which is what Toronto will be for the next few years.

Here's something interesting, from THN.

" Kyle Okposo’s 41 points leads all Islanders players, but the free agent-to-be poses a tough problem for New York GM Garth Snow. He’ll have to decide whether to trade Okposo at the deadline or keep the 27-year-old and risk losing him for nothing in free agency."

He might be a fit.

So... I guess three wins in a row makes us buyers and contenders again, right? :rolleyes::lol: I really hope MB does the right thing here! He sells some UFAs, doesn't go shopping for any rentals (unless the price is abysmally low and we have a lot of injuries), and focuses more on putting the "right" team together for next season.

MTL-0dd2cc387d94e047cb33570a562263ac8b25

Select Another Team

$69,855,641
PROJECTED END OF SEASON
CAP TOTAL
$1,544,359
PROJECTED END OF SEASON
CAP SPACE
$4,868,658
CAP SPACE TODAY
$7,181,270
CAP SPACE ON DEADLINE DAY
48/50
50-MAN ROSTER
Exempt: Noah Juulsen, Daniel Audette, Michael McNiven

Well that is what we have to work with. If Price is really coming back, then no reason not to at least make the effort.

Louis Jean tweet: " Not suggesting #Canadiens will trade Subban. Just saying one team confirmed #Habs are "gauging the market".

This, if it happens,,, will not sit well with many,,, many,,, many fans.

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/report-p-k-subbans-name-has-come-up-in-trade-talks-montreal-canadiens-marc-bergevin-tva-louis-jean/

Either Molson would have to veto or it ... or MB would join Rejean Houle as one of the two most hated GM's in my books and hopefully a lot of fans

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/report-p-k-subbans-name-has-come-up-in-trade-talks-montreal-canadiens-marc-bergevin-tva-louis-jean/

Either Molson would have to veto or it ... or MB would join Rejean Houle as one of the two most hated GM's in my books and hopefully a lot of fans

Can MB & MT sink even lower by even considering trading Suban? Disgraceful!

Archived